Yes. However, no matter how great it is, there will always be those who say it's a disappointment

Yes. However, no matter how great it is, there will always be those who say it's a disappointment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hpsbj0OoeNo
rateyourmusic.com/rgenre/set?album_id=7474723
abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s4483059.htm
whosampled.com/The-Avalanches/Colours/
mega.nz/#!dNpxjYTB!I4dLT-Lah-TIs6ilo5lZ92_ghSV0gKW_bNi5ukDhdV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Dawn of Dream Plunderphonics
Seriously, haven't been this excited for an album in a while. The songs are good but we all know they'll be even better in album form.

Frankie Sinatra killed my hopes.

Colours pulled them out from hell.

It's gonna be so good.

I like Frankie Sinatra, but I don't think it's anything more than ok. When I heard it I hoped it would be the frontier psychiatrist of the album - my least favorite. I heard Colours and BAM amazing, I can't fucking wait.

I don't see why people dislike Frankie Sinatra so much. Sure, it's different from what they normally do, but different doesn't make it bad. I really liked it from the very first listen, whereas it took a couple of listens for me to like Colours.

I loved the entirety of SILY by the way, so it's not like I don't like the type of music that Colours is, it was just the track took a tiny bit of getting used to.

Why was Frontier Psychiatrist your least favorite track on the album?

it doesn't seem to blend as well with the rest. it isn't bad, it's just not as good as the other tracks.

It's a nice track, the list of featured artists really has me worried for the album though.

i really like the song but fuck that "where did all the mermaids go" part makes me feel sick

Who /AAAAHHH/ here?

I think they'll pull it off
I mean, Battles did, don't see why the Avalanches can't

I feel like the song has a tune or melody that is extremely similar from something that I'd heard as a kid. Specifically at 1:37. Does anyone else get what I'm saying? Pretty much the part this guy is talking about.

>list of featured artists really has me worried for the album though
who worries you and why?

MF Doom

:^)

meh, even if you don't like him doesn't he only appear on a single song, a song that has already been released?

Not him, but for me the songs samples didn't really flow and it was really distracting.

It was a joke my man, nobody can dislike Doom.

I'm not even the guy you replied to.

Moo

It's not an overtly offensive track like Frankie Sinatra, but I don't see what's so great about it. It seems really inert. The mermaids part is also really lame and tacky.

ITT: Talentless hacks release a shit song

ITT: Faggot tripfag bashes avalanches with baseless accusation

Frankie Sinatra is a pretty fun song that's grown on me. Super silly but catchy.

Colours is beautiful and reminds me of Black Moth Super Rainbow in a good way.

If I Was A Folkstar is mellow and relaxing as heck, also very beautiful.

Haven't heard those Amazon previews to all the tracks, but from the officially released works this is shaping up to be at worst a good addition to the Avalanches discography.

How many times have we told you to kill yourself already?

this
HYPED again

Objective fact: If this came out 5 years ago and wasn't avalanches it would be called trend hopping garbage.

That's Jonathan Donahue from Mercury Rev.

leak when?
FUCK!

nice to see you removed your trip

I just don't know how they could fuck up as bad as they did with Frankie Sinatra. How is it possible that this iconic band released this fedora, electro swing garbage.

Sup Forums is so in need of hype that they cling to this shitty album? As far as we can hear there's nothing interesting on this album, it's all about trendy features, viral marketing and muh 16 years. There's NOTHING on that album. It's muzak at best. This shit is going to be forgotten so quick.

Wait till they drop a follow up to this one, now we might have something decent since they got warmed up.

They are not aware of the youth culture. It's not young people we're talking about anymore. These guys are adults with kids and shit. That's how you get a Danny Brown and MF Doom feature on an electro-swing track. It's like they looked up stats on the internet to see what kids between 15 and 25 like and just mashed that together. It's insulting.

>"this shitty album"
>there's literally no album yet

gr8 b8 m8

Frankie Sinatra may be an, um, unfortunate song in terms of being super fucking obnoxious, I like it a bit anyways

But it is a coherent song. The video, song and lyrics all fit together perfectly. Everyone involved is on the same wavelength and understands what they're trying to do.

Yup. An average, normal, uninteresting song.

It's about drug trips and makes specific reference to the effects of specific drugs. It's like an Erowid entry in music form.

Wow you're serious here? You've never heard any hip-hop before? If you think Danny Brown rhyming about drugs is deep you really need to step up your listening habits.

It's a random throwaway rap. It's really sad that you can't hear that. Same thing for DOOM. It's like he didn't even try.

>the Wozard of Iz is going to have Danny Brown on it

give 'em a bit more credit than that lad, danny brown and mf doom aren't exactly /super/ relevant

I didn't say it was deep, I said it's specific in its subject matter and that the lyrics match the music and the video.

This song too.

youtube.com/watch?v=hpsbj0OoeNo

Doesn't make it a great song.

fuck, even the video was bad. I literally could not have cared less about its pseudo-deep grimy horror nonsense. at least their other videos actually made me feel something.

Dude, you're an idiot

Based on the songs that are out so far, the new Avalanches album is a throwback to 60s psychedelia, and while that's been done before, its points of reference are to the fringes of psychedelia, stuff that was either ahead of its time or fairly obscure, like Joe Meek, Silver Apples and the Red Krayola. In the 60s, drug culture was also popular, and more importantly, controversial. Kids singing about video games is and has never been controversial.

that wasn't even what you were saying before lmao you just said the song is about drugs and the video references it, and that guy posted a song about videogames with a video that references it, why are you pulling out this shit about 60s drug culture and controversy

Because that's what Frankie Sinatra is about

ok? no one is disagreeing with that, the original post was about how it's uninteresting, the subject matter had nothing to do with it

I don't think it's a great song by any means but it's not out of touch, it is what it is, and it's not pandering to people who wear fedoras, like why do people keep saying that, and since when do fedora-wearers listen to electro-swing?

Frankie Sinatra is a controversial song?
Danny Brown rapping about drugs is controversial?
Maybe to your parents but it's pretty tame shit for most people.
And if their intention was to showcase obscure artists and references, they totally failed.

it's just a meme, and like all memes on this board, people love running them into the ground

>and it's not pandering to people who wear fedoras, like why do people keep saying that, and since when do fedora-wearers listen to electro-swing?

They like steampunk and furries also. And vaping. Maybe you should go out sometimes.

The other thing to keep in mind about the Avalanches is that they're Australian, and the majority of the music they're sampling is American, and most of the artists they're featuring are American, and the cover art is an American flag, so right away this is going to be a weird album because it's an outside perspective on American music. I'm Canadian personally so I don't know if that's going to piss anyone off, probably not, but it's definitely interesting.

Why does Sup Forums try and critically analyse a track like Frankie Sinatra like it's meant to be high art. It's just a daft fun hip hop tune. I played it my mates and they dug it, and they got introduced to Danny Brown and MF Doom in the process.

Colours was good, and I'm really looking forward to the album now.

Anyways:
'"Colours" features vocals by Mercury Rev's Jonathan Donahue and does not feature any samples.'
So, can anyone with an RYM account go and vote down Plunderphonics on the single?
rateyourmusic.com/rgenre/set?album_id=7474723

what are you quoting?

The Wikipedia page, which quotes an article on Triple J:
abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s4483059.htm
>Amazingly, the group tell us there are no samples on this track, which is pretty impressive considering they achieved the same collage sound-world without employing their usual cut-up process.

whosampled.com/The-Avalanches/Colours/

Apparently it does have samples though, so maybe Wikipedia needs changing

because it has samples doesn't mean it's plunderphonics tho

IT LEAKED
mega.nz/#!dNpxjYTB!I4dLT-Lah-TIs6ilo5lZ92_ghSV0gKW_bNi5ukDhdV0

Someone download it for fun.

It sounds like it will be. Most of the previews I've heard outside of Frankie sound fantastic and I'm enjoying Colours immensely. I'm excited for the record.

i downloaded it for fun and i got shitty bandcamp tunes

Yeah, but it's more up for debate now at least.

This has to leak soon. I don't care if it means meme magic, someone losing their job or even turning to reddit. I just want the full experience as soon as possible.