How can Aphex Twin even compete?

no one can

james is his own thing

SIMCITY BABY

aphex fans are nowhere near as obnoxious as Ferraro fans

this reddit fag doesnt know shit
anyone who browses reddit's opinion is automatically discarded

ferraro is king

Ferraro fans are allowed to be obnoxious. You have that right when the person you're praising is such a genius. A genius who just made AOTY 2016, to boot.

James is saving electronic music. Before HS3 there was absolutely nothing interesting released this year but he swooped in and delivered a gem.

^ He's right you know

Reddit's a fun place to shitpost because they get so angry.
It's a shame this place is the same nowadays.

I thought this guy was a meme until I listened to Live at Primavera Sound. The guy has a perfect sense of rhythm and knowledge of electronic instruments and making them blend together to create a certain atmosphere. He actually is a genius but I feel like he rushes a lot of his stuff.

Surely you can't deny that the man is the saviour of experimental electronic music? A dead horse tat he resuscitated from the grave.

earthjump/live at primavera is the best thing heres ever done desu

hes mediocre

Fuck off. You know nothing about good music.

you fuck off, ferraro is just okay, hes not some kind of fucking savior, retard

Oh boy, the Marcel drones and Marcel-core influxes are taking over Sup Forums.

I can feel it. It's happening. Soon every thread will be talking about Ferraro and Blunt.

Marcel is our new tastemaker god. We've come so far.

This year was shit (not a single good experimental electronic release) before HS3 was released. He is the definition of a saviour.

Hahahahhahha ahahhhahah hahhah

You mad that he's taken the place of your pwecious Afx?

Ferraro is dope af b

What else do you want us to listen to

And they are both great artists
What does Marcel think of OPN and Arca?

No, I wasn't being sarcastic.

And Marcel loves OPN. He deservedly should be part of the Marcel-core holy trinity along with Ferraro and Blunt as well. He does, however, think Arca is pretty mediocre. So maybe replace him with somebody else?

However Aphex is so fucking better

Aphex Twin is good but he has nothing to do with these artists we're discussing.

No I just think they really don't compare. Rich has been underwhelming in recent years sure, but his body of work is still streets ahead of Ferraro.

afx>opn>>>ferraro>blunt>>arca desu famiglia

afx>ferraro>>>opn>blunt>>>>>arca is what you meant to say

THIS

Did you not read the OP...

Why cant we just appreciate an artists body of work without meticulously comparing them to someone else? Ferraro does his own thing and he does it very well. Much like the Residents. Or Captain Beefheart. Or Sun Ra. Or OPN. Or really any experimental or avant garde band or performer. Also, Earth Jump is great but absolutely not his best stuff.

I'm so happy that I live in THIS generation. OPN/Arca/Blunt/Ferraro are so much more superior to BoC/Aphex/SP/Autismchre, it's not even funny.

Cheers to the new world order! This is the true music for intellects.

I did. But he does not relate to the same experimental electronic underground scene as Ferraro/Blunt/OPN/Arca.

Afx=OPN>Ferraro>>>>>Blunt>>>>>>>>>>arca

i think we do it because they seem to be work "together" in an abstract way, they clearly influence each other, at least contemporaries like OPN and Ferraro. I dont know if they are actual friends, but seem to have some kind of close relationship, well theyve worked together in the past but still.

I love Ferraro. He captures this moment in time perfectly.

What a shame some queer like Drake or some meme like Mac Demarco and Death Grips will be remembered as the voice of this generation and not him.

OP didn't even mention those artists tho

He relates in the sense of experimentation, prolificality, and innovation.

only smart people understand ferraro. it's not for the idiots who like beyonce or kendrick.

Have you not been around for the past month of threads like this: thats what i was referring to. thats what spawned this whole thing anyway.

Keep promoting his work and show your friends.

see:

It's stupid that now they're always bundled together tho - even in a thread that doesn't explicitly bring them up.

>Ahex
>experimentation
lol he makes pop compared to the new big 4

I think they are just very visually artistic people who like to apply soundscapes or scores to their thoughts. They are both very conceptual artists and often talk about making soundtracks for their thoughts and ideas. And they both are influenced by 80s sci-fi and culture as well as modern culture and society. Theu share similar ideas but execute them entirely different. I think those baseline factors certainly encourage people to compare Ferraro and Lopatin.

everyone ITT

this. the fact that those old washups are still respected on this board is a joke.

Eh not entirely. Aphex makes some pretty off the wall experimental stuff as well. Hes the one who took the glitchy retrigger effect and applied it effectively within some fast paced electronic breaks. Its kind of like how the Beatles seem boring to a lot of people now bit theu pioneered a lot of styles and attributes for modern rock music. Aphex did the same for electronic music.

i used to make fun of him but now i think he's a pretty cool lad
good taste in aesthetic music

You almost got me friend. Here's your (you) anyway.

i'm seriously not joking/baiting. when is the last time any of them were relevant?

aphex twin clearly doesnt give a fuck about being relevant you nonce, he just releases something and then dissapears, hes just doing what he wants at this point, and thats totally fine

okay, maybe not relevant, but interesting. he's released nothing forward-thinking in about 15 years. syro was a pisstake.

who even cares about the others.

Ferraro is the only artist that makes excited for music

This. No one else is making unpredictable, creative, and thrilling music like he is.

>DUDE CHEESY INSTRUMENTS AND HYPER META SAMPLES CAPITALISM AESTHETIC

I don't use the word often, but this is the most pretentious thing I've ever heard. absolute garbage.

You don't get. You're just not smart enough. It's okay, most people aren't.

that's the point

This is my point. This shit appeals for teens who are so far up their own ass that they'll find anyway they possibly can to feel superior.

The real art of this album is trolling faggots like you into thinking it has some kind of supremely deep meaning.

PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS
PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm sorry, it just seems as if you don't have the capacity to comprehend what a work of art it is. I feel truly sorry for the ones who are not chosen.

woah.. dude.. you figured it out
holy sh&t man you must be like some kinda savant or somethin.. like, ur able to see past all this pretenshus bullcr*ap and just realize everyone else is dumb sheep, everyone but you ofc

>he doesn't get HS3
literally the quickest pleb filter there is. PRESS PLAY

I mean, Ferraro makes Stockhausen look like an amateur.

go on, continue being more vague about how enlightened you are

why is RYM so anti-art?

YES! I love this part!

You just don't understand it. I bet you're a Warp fan lol

Wtf is up with the hate for Arca?

Human Story 3 sucks horse schlong.

I'll admit I'm an idiot if you say anything remotely profound.

homophobia and lack of taste

he's literally Music For Gay Fashionistas

As someone who has listened to everything from Baron Libre, he is kind of a one trick pony. Mutant was weaker than his last LP in my opinion. I like him but I don't see where else he can take his sound without sacrificing what made it interesting in the first place.

ferraro is quickly becoming the most memed producer on /mew/

Ah, so you are a fan. What an absolute pleb. Get with the times grandpa - no one else likes your hacks anymore.

He's great but just not as great as the others imo.

contrarian teens.
This is a landmark release. People will look back and think, oh dang, I was such a faggot whn I was ferraaro hating on Sup Forums.

He's not a meme. He's a messiah. Glad the sheeple of Sup Forums have woken up.

They can't comprehend it. They're imbeciles.

a landmark release? kek
shit sounds like a thomas the train straight-to-dvd-movie score

lmao what is literally wrong with Ferraro fans?

you are parodies of yourselves.

he writes literal meme music

Uneducated pleb.

and that's bad?
memes are the future, they are the New Art for The iGeneration
brookstone showerheads

Fuck off phillistine.
Aw, boo hoo. Sorry you can't hang with the hip kids.

I'm pretty sure all the others listed could be seen as music for gay fashionistas too

Marcel is our new tastemaker and he's giving us much better artists to talk about. Embrace this new wave of Marcel-core posting on /mew./ Just accept it.

not nearly to the same extent, but whatever.

All these Ferraro haters will be sorry once HS3 gets a 5/5 on TMT

What don't you like about his compositions? I think they are structured in a really neat way. I'm deeply sorry that you are letting your ego get in the way of appreciating the music and art.

memes will never be art

haha ok pleb.

arbitrary scores prove what again?

why do ferraro fans rely on reviews so much, do they need external validation for their shitty taste?

I love Ferraro but this thread has me convinced that I don't want to be associated with his fans desu...

haha
>hasty generalization
bb you are really dumb

yes, confirmation bias

TMT is the ultimate tastemaker, plebbit.

Untrue

ITT: Critical thinkers and memers, you guess who is who!
some may be both, some may be neither! It's up to you to decide!

t'was a joke.. not a fan of the album all that much, neat compositions don't give me a rise.. was an interesting listen to be honest

Anti-Ferraro's: give me a better experimental electronic album that came out in 2016? Oh wait, you can't? Thought so.

he already got that golden review from our overlord Marcel