What are some of the most infuriating normie opinions on music?

What are some of the most infuriating normie opinions on music?

>Tupac is the greatest of all time and nobody will surpass him.
> Kurt Cobain was a genius
> Dark Side of the Moonrijuana
> Hating on Nickelback but enjoying similarly bad shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8pN3NdAkZSM
twitter.com/kanyewest/status/686449257767776256
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> Kurt Cobain was a genius

but these are true tho

DSotM is an amazing album, though. Not my personal favorite album, but one of them.

White yuppies who love Beyonce

My biggest peeve is people defending electronic music as something that requires the same amount of skill as a musician in any sort of band

"I listen to everything...EXCEPT country and rap."

>popularity is intrinsic to (or a good indication of) musical quality
>genius is a relevant variable
>"yeah, well, I like it" is a valid response to a musical critique

>This music is weird, 'cause it lacks lyrics (weird here means bad and scary)
>Adele (or similars) are jazz
>Loving a band because it is aproved by the comunity after only listening ~3 songs (or maybe nothing at all)
>Classical is boring music from the middle ages
>electronic music is a 90s-00s thing

Tupac was the Queen of hip hop, never made a good album but a few real good singles and everyone's on their dick calling them GOAT

>A7X is a great metal band
At least normies recognize that Slipknot is suckage.

>"i don't like rap 'cause it's all about money and misogyny and shit like that"
>"music nowadays sucks generations before us had pink floyd and the beatles and now all we have is justin bieber and nicki minaj"

how about "listening to metal in general"

Jesus fuck, as someone who listens to a lot of hip hop, I don't understand this opinion. He was average at best and his albums had a lot of filler. I swear this is mostly said by hip hop babbies who just got into the genre.

Biggie was way better btw.

>implying it can't be

I had a friend argue that artists put nearly no thought into the sequencing of an album

if you don't think kurt cobain was a genius then you're probably a pleb

>Adele (or similars) are jazz
people don't really believe this, do they?

Slipknot's not that bad tho.

Not him, but I have heard this too

true tho

>Kanye is an awful rapper, he's such a dick!

people saying ITAOTS isn't a meme

As a white guy who loves Kanye, this is usually something white people say.

I've had personal experiences with people who say this shit and they've generally never heard any of his music except possibly "Gold Digger" or "Stronger" nearly 10 years ago.

but it's true

>Judging music not by how good they sound but how 'difficult' it is to play or produce

That anything they don't like is only liked by people because it's obscure even if it's not even obscure.

Fucking this. I hate getting weird looks or responses because I decided to explore music. Why is anything outside of "popular" deemed weird and bad? It makes no logical sense.

>requires the same amount of skill as a musician in any sort of band
For it to be good it absolutely does.

>What are some of the most infuriating normie opinions on music?

this is.

>OP is straight

Nothing boils my blood like hearing this.

"i listen to rock and other white music"

You're wrong. Both Me Against the World & All Eyes On Me are fantastic. Great storytelling and consistent rhymes. One of the very few rappers brave enough to show his soft side.

People that still fucking listen to top 40 singles from the 90s and early 2000s like "Summer Of 69".

God I fucking hate that song with a fiery passion.

you really just don't listen to much hip hop, do you?

>Summer of 69
>90s
>2000s

>When a musician dies (The Funky Diabetic from A Tribe Called Quest, Prince, David Bowie, Lemmy from Moterhead) and they hop on the bandwagon of "loving" and "connecting" with their music. They'll male a bigger deal about the death than some of the longtime fans of these artists.

This seems like the most appropriate thread to ask. Help I have the biggest ear worm and I can't get rid of it it's driving me insane. It's a normie song I'd imagine at least 90s to at most 00s. I remember the general theme of the song was depression/not being good enough and things like that. I think the chorus had like some word that starts with Ve or something and then proceeds to say something like "I am lost" or something that sounds like that. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what this song may be and thanks

fucking this, same shit happened when Prince and Lou Reed died, along with the ones you mentioned

Here's to (You) Nicola and Bart

>I listen to everything except country and rap
>No, there's some good country out there actually, I really like Townes Van Zandt, Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson
>The Beatles are better than The Rolling Stones
>Music today is garbage compared to classic rock
>Kurt Cobain/Nirvana was good

the rolling stones suck fucking donkey dick. if you said the kinks that would be a different story

I was close enough. It's still a garbage song that still gets airplay

The Rolling Stones have about 10 classic albums phamalam.

>MBDTF
>good

you

It does make some sense. I assume you analyse music from a point of view concerned primarily with aesthetics, you probably try to be objective in your judgement, that is, you disregard social and political implications.
That goes against the will of the music industry and consequently general listeners, where the primary use of music is to consume as entertainment, and through expression of taste curate a persona, signify social class etc.

Your assumtion of the aesthetic position disconcerts them in the same way free improvisation threatens the hegemony of composition.

Friend, I highly doubt any casual music listener is thinking about the way you described music. Besides, if they're smarter than the average joe they should be able to separate the entertainment part from the analysing. Besides, I enjoy music too while wanting to dissect it.

>I highly doubt any casual music listener is thinking about the way you described music
Of course not. It all happens subconsciously.

>anything by the kinks

better than

>Aftermath, Between The Buttons, Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile On Main St, Some Girls, Tattoo You

Kanye is a shit tho. I get questioned a lot about my dislike of his music and am usually told that I probably haven't seen him live in order to get the full experience.

He's just as bad live. He headlined a festival last year and I saw most of his set before I couldn't stand it any longer.

death grips is not obscure you fags

Wasn't thinking of Death Grips and also I already said "that isn't even obscure".

How can you listen to this and not want to dance OP?
youtube.com/watch?v=8pN3NdAkZSM

>The Funky Diabetic from A Tribe Called Quest
Shit, I didn't even know he died.

>if you don't think [pleb musician] was a genius then you're probably a pleb
ok m8

Was most successful artist of his genre, put out 3 classic albums, was only popular for 3 years, is the artist that most believe best represented the sound of the 90's
>not a genius

The kinks?
Don't you mean the meh tier Beatles?

But the nostalgia

Was most successful artist of his genre, put out 3 classic albums, was only popular for 3 years, is the artist that most believe best represented the sound of the late-90's/early-00's
>not a genius

>when their tastes are largely dictated by white guilt

I only found out a couple of weeks ago myself, seems insane that barely anybody is talking about his passing, ATCQ were legitimate hip hop GOATs

Poor poc who love beyonce

You had me until Biggie. Eazy-e was better than both, though

Hey man I have a massive cock ok haha

Fair point

A friend of mine said he wanted to see more big name groups do covers of old classics like hiw Disturbed covered The Sound of Silence.

I was so triggered I had a hard time keeping the conversation friendly.

OP is a retard but you're wrong too. All Eyez isn't fantastic. Me Against the World and Strictly for my Niggaz are his best.

But did you get your first real six-string down at the five and dime?

I bet u did, faggot.

Guys...

>Disturbed covered The Sound of Silence
Wow, that was fucking awful.

Sounds like you just lost a friend.

Metal is good

He was always the least intp music in our circle, but we grew up together so I think we can get over this one.

cringe

Treating the Beatles as music gods.
Their music was too bubblegum pop.

this
is disgusting
(i'm looking at you Kanye, madonna, etc.)

implying than making "bubblegum" pop doesn't need godlike writing talent

>"i don't like rap 'cause it's all about money and misogyny and shit like that"
Most of it is though

>Rocked Reviews
>Makes a series of "Regretting The Past" reviews about albums that are mostly made by bands that are popular to hate such as Nickelback, Creed, and Limp Bizkit.
>Gives a pass to bands that are equally as bland such as Breaking Benjamin, Skillet, and Imagine Dragons.

>tfw death of Emerson and Riverside guitarist hit you harder than all of these

this is the same shit as with prog and jazz technical wankery

Its easy to write music with a group of people.

The only time music is ever hard is when you make it alone

he made one tweet as a tribute and people still bashed him over that
twitter.com/kanyewest/status/686449257767776256

Also not OP but I've heard this.
Worst one was Dave Matthews Band though.
Another thing that pisses me off is when somebody acts like they have knowledge of Jazz when all they listen to is vocal shit from the rat pack.

Kurt Cobain was a genius though you nigger

but I feel that Nickelback one like
>hahahahaha yeah man nickelback sucks ass
>bumps kings of leon and train

Then you r the normie trash

>One of the very few rappers brave enough to show his soft side.
Listen to more hip-hop

Actually it requieres more skill than plucking some strings.

I've listened to over 100 hip-hop albums. You can decide if that's a lot or not.

Okay, I concede. All Eyez On Me isn't fantastic but it's at least an 8/10. I'll have to check out Strictly for my Niggaz.

Musicians who play "real" instruments are total hacks who have to hire someone other than themselves to mix and master their music.

anyone else wanna try this tasty, tasty bait?

Then you probably just don't know how to use the internet to search for music, I guess. There's really nothing special about a rapper "brave enough to show his soft side".

anyone who likes beyonce

Bryan Adams is in my top 5 most hated musicians. Seriously, fuck that guy.

>plebs who can't even respect jazz or bother to gove it a shot
>fans of blues made after 1970 by white hacks

>well produced music is good music
>production can be objectively good

this shit really grinds my gears

Do normies even talk about production at all?

yes

they talk about whether they think it's good or bad all the time

Just show them Voltaire's "To the Bottom of the Sea".