youtu.be/z8VIhIIq-kk?t=2m51s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dead fathers are metal

Black sucks

My dad died in 1995, I can only assume Pireced From Within finished him off

Came to post this.

it was opeth's pinkflower
i'm so sorry.

Nah my dad was pretty hardcore, he would have been thinking about Suffocation as his heart exploded if he knew who they were

underrated desu

youtube.com/watch?v=MOE5o_Hmytk

Yes helps. Thank you.
But it showed me more I don't like, than I like.
Just watched youtube.com/watch?v=3ehCh4WNivQ
They blend in. Uninteresting... Given that, still they had some imho great ideas with all the effects.

>yfw bored as fuck of Nile
>tfw you catch them live and it's immense

I won't doubt you again based fat fuck Karl

my dad tries to keep up with the times by listening to a lot of new shitty djent/fusion bands

anyone else have a djent dad?

know that feel, I am kinda proud of my dad for being into metal.
he always played dying fetus purification through violence while hitting me with his belt.

>Underground musician
>doing well for yourself

also, can you give any actual examples of ANUS writers in academia? I have a hard time believing that a publishing academic could would consider using such agressive rethoric for arguing about something as inconsequential as metal a good idea

i don't think ANUS actually is as serious as people make them out to be

I don't really think so either but even if they're exaggerating things, their core arguments are generally stupid

also, this guy
deathmetal.org/author/martin/
is the only example I could find of an academic at anus. Unsurprisingly, he writes infinitely better than the typical writer there (looking at you, Brett Stevens)

my stepdad loves djent

youtube.com/watch?v=26GyKRXVJD4

best black metal album coming through

1) Martin Jacobsen writes the “Analyze it to Life” series where he explores the nuances, details and inner lacework of structure that makes a good metal album. In his spare time, he teaches English and heavy metal in Amarillo, Texas and plays a mean guitar.

2) Brett Stevens writes as a freelance journalist who frequently contributes articles, interviews and reviews. In addition to his columns here, he is the sole author of the Dark Legions Archive and The Heavy Metal FAQ. In his spare time, he is an agrarian and woodsman who prefers to wander the Texas woods in the company of canines.

3) Chris Pervelis of Internal Bleeding

4) Cory van der Pol writes on metal theory and history. A recovered academic, van der Pol now writes mystery thrillers (under a pseudonym) and spends his time cycling the backroads of Syracuse, NY or fishing with his daughter.

5) Aaron Lynn is an amateur writer, published poet, and heavy metal fanatic. When not obsessing over heavy metal or writing, he watches horror movies and tends to his parakeets.

Brett Stevens is the best writer on DMU.

This is the lamest black thrash album I've heard in a while, I can't believe you faggots hyped it, the riffs are so fucking weak
youtube.com/watch?v=lgtvwPNO4So

>germanic black thrash
not even ONCE

So like I said, Jacobsen is the only one who has any authority (I'm disregarding van der Pol because recovering academic might as well mean grad school dropout). Pervelis could also have some interesting perspectives, but as far as I can see, he hasn't written about music at all

>their core arguments are generally stupid
Sure they are, Pitchfork.

Prozak da bess m8.

How is that a Pitchfork opinion? Is anyone who doesn't agree with everything anus says a p4k drone? I haven't stated any other opinions of my own than that anus sucks

Disagreeing with ANUS makes you a hipster. So does that plaid shirt and dumb facial hair you have.

Only someone who regularly visits Pitchfork would have a problem with ANUS.

If anything, reading anus like HHH makes you a hipster. It's like your notion of hipsters is stuck in 2003
Also, I don't have facial hair and the only plaid shirt I own was a gift tyvm

>arguing about something as inconsequential as metal
do you mean the general gravitas which they lend their rhetoric? because metal is otherwise a prominent subculture that deserves as much examination as rock or jazz as far as music literature goes

ANUS is anti-hipster m8.

>blackened thrash

who would actually want that? black metal and thrash metal are to be enjoyed for totally different purposes

Prove it hipster dipster, and you seem suspiciouly up to date with hipster trends.

No, I mean the aggressive rethoric, constant ad hominem against disliked musicians, metal people (although I think it's mostly Brett Stevens who does this). I'm fine with being serious about your opinions

Are you new, and also are you aware that people can like things for different reasons?

Literally all I know about Liturgy comes from posting here for way too long

I'm not hearing anything to disprove you're a hipster, hipster

That proves you're a hipster. Only a hipster doesn't like Liturgy's brutal death metal.

Tom G Warrior is a god

I'm not trying to do that, I'm just saying you're stupid

stop memeing me

Spoken like a true hipster. And all you've proven is you actually don't know about Liturgy

who /downloadsdozensofalbumsbutdoesn'tlistentothem/ here ?

here the good liturgy you dumb feg
youtube.com/watch?v=rrwql_Dfc4s

I know plenty about Liturgy, when did I say I didn't?

right herealso only a hipster doesn't know about youtube.com/watch?v=rrwql_Dfc4s

>slam
no thanks

Yes, of course everyone who isn't a hipster knows about some shitty bdm band with one album

It's not even slam you dumb fuck

did your poor dm feelings get triggered?

>homo newfag can't handle the brutal

Is the hipster mad he looks like a bitch now? A lying bitch, by the way. Suddenly you know plenty about Liturgy huh

I never said I didn't unless you're still talking about the dm band. I just said I learned what I know about them from here.
And if you are talking about the dm band then looking up that they released only one album and listening to the first few minutes of it doesn't really qualify as knowing plenty about them

Lying little hipster bitch. Don't even try and cover your ass now. It's pretty clear you're as hipster as they come.

how autist can you get

Liturgy the DM band sucks.
Not good enough to be mentioned on ANUS.

Stop being butthurt hipster

this

Quick, post weird death metal from the early 90s

youtube.com/watch?v=iIwYssJcUWQ

It's been established that ANUS is anti-hipster.
I'm sorry you like shit tier bands like Liturgy A.D.

what the fuck is ANUS and why do so many of you care so deeply about it

Hello newfriend

leave the hall and no entry back for your false

seriously, what's ANUS ?

god bless the Czech Republic
>pic related

And I'm sorry that you being so butthurt has forced you to resort to these tactics. A new low, even for hipsters.

Make me. Also I only missed two /metal/ generals and last I checked no one was using that term for anything. If anything, you knowing what it is makes you newer than me.

not me cause i'm no good at downloading stuff anymore
i don't use private trackers or whatever

youtube.com/watch?v=sswPvaFyaYQ

See if you knew about ANUS, you'd know why that's not true

Last time I checked, I don't listen to hipster approved bands like WITTR.

Liturgy A.D. sucks. Deal with it.

that's not even me you dumb fuck
just another person who isn't utterly braindead

Last time I checked, you were wearing plaid and having a dumb moustache and knowing plenty about hipster black metal band liturgy

Whatever you say hipster dipster

>early 90s

neat dubs

also

can both of you newfriends stop being so fucking autistic? He's trolling, fucking god damn this is why this general is dying. >90% of the population are newfriends with found out about Sup Forums from their favorite hipster music review site.

>this general is dying
...is what everyone's been saying for the past five years, yet here it is

what is objectively the best drum fill moment in all of metal

Yes. Here it is. Looks in good shape to me.

"plaid"
Nope

"moustache"
Clean shaved

"hipster black metal band Liturgy"
You were talking about the death metal band called Liturgy

Dumb cunt. Kys.

Someone asked in the previous thread for more abstract black metal like pic related. I'm also interested. All I can think of is Mayhem's Ordo Ad Chao

mmh yes this general has never seen better days, oh yeah.

and why is it the double bass break on angel of death

>plaid
prove you're not

>moustache
prove you are

>Liturgy
Are you seriously that confused by the sequence of events, hipster? That is just pathetic. Step up your game.

youtu.be/z8VIhIIq-kk?t=2m51s

I was talking about the death metal band called Liturgy, so maybe the cunt shouldn't tag me.

>abstract black metal

Who ever implied that

>Black metal

hahahah xD

Maybe if you stopped being a dumb trendy hipster?

i don't get what he doing here

Is there no medicine you can take to calm yourself down? Maybe soften your autistic tendencies? There must be something to make you capable of acting like a normal person.

It's been established that this was the band I was referring to.

youtube.com/watch?v=rrwql_Dfc4s

It's the reason I replied to THAT post you dumb cunt.
You can fuck off now.

Doing a drum fill

sorry user, I'll defend my right to shit on ANUS even if it kills /meal/ (which it obviously won't)

me irl
thoughts?

No need to project.

the rhythm isn't connected to any of the rest