Thoughts on this man? Was he right Sup Forums?

Thoughts on this man? Was he right Sup Forums?

DUDE THE CURE LMAO

he implied that grimes is a major drug fiend the other day
WHERE DOES HE GET THIS INFORMATION

bitter loser that alienated everyone in his life because he was mad at the world while completely ignoring the fact that his own failures brought him to where he is in life

no surprise that Sup Forums loves him

IMA WARIO
IMMA GONNA WHIIINGE

Good opinions but his taste is str8 dogshit. Shits on good music for music for fat white bitches.
How could you not know this

>street signs

i like his videos where he's just talking about music he likes, he has this cool way of throwing a bunch of seemingly random trivia at you and then making it all come together

unfortunately he seems to have devoted most of his life to just being as much of a cunt as possible

I like him

Doesn't have a wife and kids?

It isn't like he's living alone in the wood sneering at the world from the inside but yeah you can call him a bit jaded

I think he was the best damn Trailer Park Supervisor Sunnyvale ever had.

This, but let's be honest. The reason Sup Forums loves him is his opinion on women.

>Shits on good music for music for fat white bitches
like what?

The Magnetic Fields, Tame Impala, The Nuns, Adele.

This is the guy that wrote the 33 1/3 on Unknown Pleasures. His infatuation with The Cure is pretty well documented.

I love his brilliant ripping to shreds of Disintegration Tapes

He's so candid. Gotta respect him for that.

All that stuff is easy to shit on though

wait does Sup Forums not like the cure

seriously

This is really strange to me. Ott has a history of being a misogynist prick, but some hate on him for appealing to "fat white bitches."

I guess I shouldn't expect much from people who think this sort of way though.

Tell us what you listen to.

Yeah (because it's bad).
>Tell us what you listen to.
Everything but rap and country.

So what's the problem with him shitting on it?

>shitting on it
That's music that he LIKES, man. That's shit that he speaks well of. He's like end stage Sup Forums cancer in that everything he doesn't like gets torn to shreds.

He's shit on Tame Impala in the past. Said they ended up being a massive disappointment.

Who is that ?

You're a fucking coward, by the way. If you're going to talk shit about peoples taste and call it "cancer" and "music for fat white bitches," you better be ready to show us your amazing taste.

But you won't, you'll avoid it again like the spineless limp dick you are.

Tolerable in low doses. Too much and I want to kill myself for liking any music at all

It's Ricky from TBP.

based as fuck.

The cynicism, hate and being a cunt is what makes him endearing on top of his wealth of music knowledge and a way of writing that really flows and is easy to digest.

His video series is some of the most informative trivia on genres and bands I've ever seen.

Sup Forums likes to shit on him for liking the Cure alot.

Who gives a shit, wow a dude has a favourite band fuck him amirite?

>misogynist prick,

gonna need examples. Pretty familiar with his work, never even noticed.

Maybe I am a "misogynist", even though that word is literally meaningless nowadays.

But he liked Currents.
>better be ready to show us your amazing taste
Slow down there, Chris lol. Thread's not about me, but it's hilariously common how often these pissing contest challenges come up on this board.
>criticize taste
>OH YEAH WELL WHAT DO YOU LISTEN TO
>YA FUCKING PLEB YA SPINELESS LIMP DICK
You're not getting shit, you fat white bitch. Take your stinky cunt back to the post punk tag on tumblr.

He said this, post-Currents;
>They started out like successors to Augie March and completely, totally fucked it up.

But seriously, who is that ?

>You're not getting shit, you fat white bitch. Take your stinky cunt back to the post punk tag on tumblr.
I never said I listened to the stuff Chris Ott likes, mate. But I'm also not in here shitting on people for liking bands I don't like.

What a surprise though, avoiding naming any artists and instead just hurling out insults. Nice damage control, kid.

>Nice damage control, kid.
When in Rome.

Is Chris Ott an example of what happens when a Sup Forumstant reaches their middle age

He's one of the only good critics of popular music but he's not the final word. Has a lot of personal biases.
I like him tho.

The manchildren, yes. Some of the teenagers here actually grow up.

of course you do, you attention-seeking autist

literally the worst music writer of all time. he's cringey bad. like he's doing bowie's cut up method with his reviews.

What do you know about music?

agreed

don't really get the misogynist talk, fwiw he just rags on everyone he deems fit. whatever banter he dishes out can be quite difficult to (for lack of a better word) comprehend, though, in that it doesn't come with an obvious 'just playin bruv' and can easily be construed as outright hating, what with all the pitfalls of (emoji-less) text-based communication. and, of course, sometimes it's just plain cruelty. idk, dude plays rough and usually pays the price for it anyway. the idea that just because he's, what, 30+ and not involved in the music/journo industry his opinions on culture hold less water gets me more than him shitting on some poor chancer

bit of a hothead, but 'music journalism' isn't exactly in rude health these days so his presence is refreshing, and his outlook and perspective in the way he factors in pop culture etc is right up my alley. i like his writing, especially the ebay blog thing he did long back. if you haven't heard them check out his two r.e.m. podcasts, they're great (and a lot of fun) as well

i half expect see him and father john misty in each other's arms one day, swilling hungarian brew. kiss and make up already you two

Literally quien

If you've followed him closely and never noticed that he hasn't always been so nice to women, yeah you might be a misogynist too. There's really no point in giving you examples (like the time he said hiring women to write about music is the real sexism) cause you evidently don't think it'll be sexist and you'll deflect it anyways. Tho it's hard to take someone seriously who uses terms like "based as fuck" and declares that misogyny is "literally meaningless."

>dude shoegaze lmao!!!

he's like the posterchild for oblivious retards who think the mainstream independent is the "real" underground scene

You sound a little mad there mate, do you honestly want people to be 100% serious no levity to all threads at all times? Don't see yourself any superior by criticising the language people use on a fucking image board, you come off as the most pretentious prick on Sup Forums, and that's saying alot.

Don't care about the sexist claims. Not my world that I partake in, and what you think holds no stock to me if you just call me sexist no matter what I say (or deflect as you'd think).

And yeah, it is meaningless that's what happens when buzzwords of the times get used so flippantly the weight behind the meaning is lost. I can't take it serious anymore, just makes me laugh.

He knows a ridiculous amount of music trivia.

He has interesting and informed opinions.

He's not always right, but who is? Definitely don't find him cringey though.

>You sound a little mad there mate
yes im livid

I think he's pretty cute and I want him to tickle my boipussy with his mustache.

l e w d

this. the cure is undeniably fantastic

what else has he written/published other than that youtube video series?

You think all the Trumpfags here would enjoy "Killing an Arab"

I love The Cure.

Lmao

former p4k writer and hipinion poster (from back when the board was relevant and not just a feminist controlled shithole)

I think he's an obnoxious narcissistic cunt and it makes me very upset that a good chunk of what he says is 100% true.

He's always been the most consistently right all along and time will continue to prove this

>back when the board was relevant and not just a feminist controlled shithole
wat