James Ferraro is a scammer -- HUMAN STORY 3 TAPES ARE FAKE

IT'S HAPPENING. IT'S OVER. JAMES' CAREER IS FINISHED.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vn_NSxI0Kw8
datpiff.com/Lil-Aladdin-The-Allahu-Akbar-Freestyle-mixtape.775841.html
discogs.com/release/stats/8653464#collection
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how ironic would that be

haha selling fake tapes, that's genius, no one will ever find out!

idk why these tape dudes have to be so scummy and scam people

dance labels putting out low press vinyl are always legit

Did anyone here who ordered a HS3 tape receive theirs yet? This could help further this evidence.

is it possible to have herpes on your hand?

"he headlined a show at the smell that had like, a fucking incredible long, comtemplative mark mcguire set, a totally cool spencer clarke set, a whole bunch of shit, like people going out and doing their things that were all really popping off at the time, i remember this was riiight around when this mk of the board first launced so whatever year that was, Not Not Fun was just getting big, pocahaunted were one of the other big names playing and they were just playing this horrible like, pinecone tampon womens studies dreadlocked take on the doors, but they seemed sincere enough, not important, anyway

ferraro comes out, plays one (really cool classically ferraro-y) loop, goes "YA-MA-HA" into a little casio mic and loops that for a couple minutes, is offstage after roughly 9 minutes, smirking his ass off and looking for the afterparty"

holy fucking shit

>James Ferraro could easily refute these claims by taking a picture of his tape inventory... too bad those 200 tapes are fake
[citation needed]
Looks like someone just doesn't like James Ferraro and is making up a story and then claiming "any proof he gives is just fake XD!"

what if he stole the money ironically?

nah, this seems legit because Olde English Spelling Bee (Ferraro's old record label) is following this Vaporwave Funds ltd account on twitter. so maybe he's got something to do with this?

also the @kris_tba guy they retweeted is from DFA Records

Doesn't Ferraro have a history of doing this kind of shit?

Yeah he had an old blogspot record label and had a ton of fake releases on their. People pod for them. They didn't even exist

He does. Pretty infamous for it actually.

Yep.

this dudes twitter account looks like satire holy fuck

i aint believing this until there's solid proof

see:

If you're talking about Skaters and early Ferraro tapes, that was Spencer. He handled distro, and it likely wasn't even intentional scamming. He was so nodded out he'd forget to ship, and would answer people asking about them with conspiracies about UFOs and Atlantis

not proof

see:

Does this mean Human Story 3 isn't actually a Ferraro album?

I mean...it's still pretty sus

if it was fake and the dude was telling a lie why would a label of Ferraro's be fucking following the thing on twitter?

see:
wtf of course it is

hopefully ferraro finally realizes that his music isn't art nor is it good so he's going to play the "lol im a satirist troll" card to save his face

Nah, it is. It just doesn't mean he actually pressed any tapes and he scammed people out of their money.

i'd wish i could just live a drug-fueled existence in a big city like james and do coke and be superficial but in an artsy way... now i'm just a wreckage at 21, suffering from anxiety and just wanting

>if it was fake and the dude was telling a lie why would a label of Ferraro's be fucking following the thing on twitter?

Not that surprising looking at that godawful tape mockup.

Yeah I still wouldn't trust sending either of them my money directly. But its fair to say, at least in the past, he wasn't purposefully trying to scam people on tapes. Can't imagine why he'd need to now though, I'm sure there's hundreds of distros that would put them out with a high cut

this

it looks photoshopped as hell

>music isn't art
>I don't like it, so it doesn't count as art!!!1
>I'm a massive faggot XD

this

as far as the artist we're talking about, i see this as somewhat excusable. to pay for money that exercises the potentials of commodity & in itself comments on commodities, isn't people buying that & expecting something kind of completing the process?

or i could just be on the same shit ferraro is

Damn I thought I came up with the idea of making a shitty ironic music career just to rip off stupid trust fund hipsters

hahaha I TOLD YOU POSEURS IT WAS A SHIT JOKE

I WAS RIGHT

what if people purchased a product (in this case a cassette) and the fact that they didn't end up getting that product is super disappointing to them?

if they wanted to support the artist by way of what you're saying, they could have just bought it digitally via bandcamp.

I emailed back and forth with spencer for a time, he said something about aliens controlling humans through their impulses. I think he did way too much acid.

OESB follows a lot of guys on Twitter. Doesn't mean shit.

i had a point to make but either way you sound like a nerd

This Vaporwave Funds ltd thing is based in New York as well and their profile pic was designed by HKE (who's also on OESB). Maybe OESB is behind this Vaporwave Funds account?

Maybe his so-called "inside sources" are himself since he's worked with Ferraro before.

I know, and I respect what you were saying and it makes sense, but I was just trying to give you a different perspective.

no, this is in no way excusable if true, jesus christ.

tapes are supposed to ship either today or in the near future. Can't say yet. If it's fake, Ima be mad as fuck.

There's gotta be some sort of consumer protection bureau or something.

noted alcoholic and coke addict james ferraro proves how untrustworthy he is again

It probably will be fake and it will ruin his career but people will still latch onto the fucking album like its a great thing.
Fuck HS3
Fuck it

Huh?

He mention anything about Charles Berlitz? I'm pretty sure he got all of his conspiracy theories from his paranormal books. I also remember him saying something about huffing paint thinner in order to psychically contact aliens

>buying cassette tapes
>listening to vaporwave

>vaporwave
you baited me!

you're a fucking idiot bitchboy.

>implying ferraro makes vaporwave

>I paid $500 for a remix and he blocked my number
What a loser

Montie was actually right for once lmfao.

the album is shit anyways and has horrid cover art so you're an absolute fucking idiot if you bought a copy anyways

why did no one talk about when sophie did the same shit, except it extended beyond physical releases to merch as well?

I mean, why treat your fucking fans this way. I am not even mad about the music anymore. Why, why, why treat your fans like literal POS and scam them out of their money. Death Grips did it but it was different and they never did it with an album release. James is a fucking scumbag and his music is simply overrated. Screw this, screw him, and screw his shitty vaporwave/modern classical crossover trash experiment that poseurs and retards consider deep and intellectual. It is literally just edited internet meme music for Sup Forums users like us who go apeshit over this shitty music.

This

That stock image shit is so played out. Same with tapes and Ferraro

he mentioned some metaphysical book about dreams by a Charles Beatty if I remember correctly. hahah the dude is a little crazy in the coconut, its also kind of concerning. I hope he doesn't go too far off the deep end. I guess that explains why his music is so fucking bizarre.

Because nobody actually cares about that meme

Why don't you wait until it's confirmed before you throw a hissyfit?

Sophie is also pure and unadulterated shit. All these fucking internet "Star" musicians are in it only for themselves and not for anyone else. Its shitty and it needs to be clamped down on and stopped. Fuck all of them.

It's just some twitter vaporcuck. How is this proof at all?

no one on Sup Forums even talked about ferraro until just now, so it's pretty surreal to see so many mentions of "yeah he was always shit"

this is milo all over again

havin' a bad day, bud?

>dude irony lmao
>dude capitalism lmao
>dude a e s t h e t i c lmao

A broken retarded clock with really bad taste in music and a pathetic need for attention from internet strangers is right twice a day

Nah, but Ferraro's old label is following this account and so is tha DFA Records guy they RT'd, so it isn't just some rando.

nah, there have been james ferraro generals on and off over the past few years. I remember threads focused on his earlier hypnagogic stuff.

They all seem like they've been off the deep end for years. I know Lieven Martins believes dolphins are hyperintelligent psychics that can telepathically send love to people, and that there's ghosts inhabiting tropical islands. Its actually really interesting how far the new age conspiracy rabbit hole can go

oh shit !
and that is proof how?

>hehe guy it was just an art piece, don't get so mad
>NO REFUNDS

how is it fucking not? go on, i'm waiting for your reply.

holy fucking lmao, love the dude

yeah, but you can't prove dolphins DONT have that ability

kek

you have the burden of proof. So he has a few enemies in the industry. This could just be a smear piece. In no way does a twitter account with two(2) relevent followers imply truth.

FUCKING BASED

can "YA-MA-HA" become the new meme pls?

i remember posting about him back in the day, but threads about hypnagogic stuff never seemed to really catch any wind

either way
>board mostly consisting of users getting something they didn't pay for
>mad that people paid for something they didn't get

it's pretty funny

why is this story worth all the hyperbole. i don't get it.

Fucking wow lol this thread makes me glad that a. I don't listen to shit music and b. I pirate music.

True. I choose to believe my life is telepathically predetermined by enlightened alien dolphins
youtube.com/watch?v=vn_NSxI0Kw8

I also love the fact that last night there was an EXPLOSION of Ferraro threads and discussions everywhere and literally the day after this news comes out that could potentially ruin his career. What a fucking overnight downfall. It was good while it lasted.

RIP James
it was a hell of a ride

fuck off

LMAO

I KNEW FERARRO WAS TROLLING ALL YOU PRETENTIOUS FAGGOTS

you seem bright

he better watch out for the dolphin rape caves.

THIS

Whatever, I still got digital dl and I've pirated the rest of his stuff and he's one of my favs, so even if twitterfag was telling the truth, I dont really mind.

kek that's actually pretty funny

Can someone explain what this is all about?

Wait did Sophie not deliver those sex toy things?

James Ferraro released a new album called Human Story 3, set up a pre-order for cassette copies of the album on bandcamp, and now it's being revealed that the tapes are most likely fake since they aren't get sent out, the preview photo looks totally photoshopped, and that James has a history of doing this type of shit before.

You wouldn't mind that your fav is a thief and has no sense of integrity? You wouldn't mind that he takes advantage of his fans?

It's not that uncommon to use mockups of tape/cd/vinyl/book/whatever packaging, especially with preorders, maybe he just forgot to have the tapes made in time or something

>James has a history of doing this type of shit before
he's a known scammer. charging people for releases that didn't exist, etc.

any, Pro-Refugees mixtape lately?

heres one (mine tho)
datpiff.com/Lil-Aladdin-The-Allahu-Akbar-Freestyle-mixtape.775841.html

just ask them

discogs.com/release/stats/8653464#collection

he built a career off of selling shit music to yuppies