Albums you like that would get you crucified on Sup Forums

Albums you like that would get you crucified on Sup Forums

I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kO_h3YVtjtA
youtube.com/watch?v=zsniqw4zNSs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That album is genuinely great though, maybe you have to be from the UK to really relate to the lyrical content, but it is great

and these ones, obviously

this and pic related
the teenage tumblr girl inside me wakes up

Arctic Monkeys are easily one of my favourite bands, although after he teamed up with Miles Kane I really hate Alex Turner's persona now as it' seems so fake and put-on. Some absolute classics on the first 4 albums, and some great b-sides, i.e Leave Before the Lights Come On, Temptation Greets You Like Your Naughty Friend etc etc

Fuck AM holy shit. Literally just listen to Oasis

Literally 12 year old core

Literally 12 year old with internet access-core

Sup Forums likes this

I just know you fucks hate this.

Nothing wrong with Violent Femmes senpai

yeah, i miss the old nervous, qt alex. He's a total cunt now.

youtube.com/watch?v=kO_h3YVtjtA

This is complete bull

nah

I'm really curious as to what happened in 2103 that caused such a drastic change. He obviously lost his passion, and just doesn't want to be there.

That's when they toured with Miles Kane, so it seems as if he changed his opinion on how lyrics are delivered. In WPSIATWIN it's as if he's trying to get the lyrics out as quickly as possible and all they are is words, then in FWN onwards there seems to be much more thought put into the melody and timing used for the lyrics and then it gets more and more melodic until you get the bullshit he's doing now

this is a good album, whadayatalkinabeet

Get off the soap box Montie your taste is shit.

You don't like it when people tell you your taste is shit so why are you doing it to other people? Don't you realize how hypocritical you're being?

It's funny because everything else from them is utter shit, except this record, which is a strong 8/10. Totally bizarre fluke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Every day is the same,
>still praying for rain

say what you want about them but they really are good

Hardy

They may not be good, but I still find myself enjoying them from time to time. The lead's solo work isn't completely awful either.

does Sup Forums hate the damned??? excuse me for being a mindless pleb but i've never heard anyone talk about them on here. (i think they're great.)

Centipede Hz > MPP

I will always miss the mature guy he was when they released SIAS. And for me, their most mature and melodic album
Also Matt Helders at its best
youtube.com/watch?v=zsniqw4zNSs

>Literally just listen to Oasis
You're just asking for it huh Montie

This is actually a really cool album, I love the production on it and the songwriting is pretty good too, wanna talk about it user?

Nah this is cool, good game too

Why do people hate on the Arctic Monkeys music wise?
I get that some annoying people like it, but its just good music IMO.

fuck this whole genre

Sup Forumscore

femmes are good

I hate half this album, but R U Mine? is undeniably a good song

also who the fuck are arctic monkeys is a good EP, no buses & despair in the departure lounge are good tracks.

I think Humbug is pretty good so it whatever people say, but the rest are pretty trash.

yeah i love how he pushes all the lyrics out in WPS until he's out of breath

she made an album? It can't be more trash than her personality...

this album is pretty good. dont agree with you on their other stuff though. their debut is really fun and great pop rock

How patrician is my taste?

True true, the distorted bass at the end of the title track is fantastic

Yeah, it makes it seem so messy but it somehow suits the style of them idk

I was about to post the same lyrics you greentexted. What did Pitchfork give their debut? 2.8? They're an alright band I disagree with you.

montie do you listen to any black metal?

Machine Gun Etiquette is better but nothing wrong with that album or the Damned in general.

yeah, judge me

I LIKE it, but I can admit it's one of their worst

Aw man I had a massive Foo phase a few years back and I got to see them live too, good times and Dave was a huge influence on my guitar-playing, cool guy.

C'mon man. Is it nostalgia?

My friend's AOTYSF, really wants me to check it out. Shit got panned, but the features look great.

bad. put it to sleep for good.

this is a good fucking album, dont listen to them user

For its genre sure.
But the genre isn't good.
And the band isn't good compared to a fuck ton of others, same goes for the album.
Actually it's just not good senpai.

Helena is damn good, fuck Sup Forums

not too bad

not really breddy gut album 8/10

Its disappointing. I loved his first album thought it was an 8/10

Yeah, I think Of the Blue Colour of the Sky is the only OK Go record that really finds that sweet spot between shitty, gritty production (Oh No) and overproduced, sugary pop-rock (s/t).
Besides, something seems different about the song writing. I can't put my finger on it, but the structures of the songs themselves have changed significantly on that record. It's like they were writing completely different melodies than they were used to, and it worked really well for this album.
I don't know...I felt like their debut was kinda generic. I really only like Get Over It, Shortly Before the End and Return. Everything else just feels like the kind of music you'd hear on a soundtrack to any early 2000s teen romance/drama movie. It's not really bad or anything, just not very interesting. I wouldn't go out of my way to turn it off if it were already playing, nor exert any energy into playing it.
I think Pitchfork gave s/t like a 2.6 or something. I think it deserves more than that -- it's not grating or annoying or anything -- but whatever. I think OK Go is an alright band, too, but not much more. They're just a pretty OK band that happened to make a really, really good record. Oh No was a little too gritty for me and the lyrics were uncomfortable. The s/t suffered from the polar opposite. The lyrics flowed nicely for the most part, but it was WAY overproduced and the songwriting was pretty cookie-cutter. Still, not bad or anything, just alright. I really liked both Oh No and OK Go when they first came out, but I guess they just didn't age well with me.

Probably shouldn't have called it "utter shit," I regret that. "Utter shit" implies that those albums were bad at all, which they weren't. They were just lukewarm mostly.

Why did I say utter shit?

Self titled is better. But this is a pretty great record user

here's my reply

Dude, the Seattle rap scene is so fucking bad. Nacho Picasso might be the most talentless person in that entire area

I don't know if you play an instrument but musically that album is tight. It's kinda corny but I still go back to it to gear some good metal musicianship and vocals.

RIP

These have all been praised extensively here

Any drake

This album is generic shit but I like it

IYRTITL is pretty well liked on Sup Forums

i love their entire discog but otbcots is their best so far
one of my favorite bands and albums desu

Toothbrush is their best album, be the void is possibly their worst.

desu that's the only one I've heard from them, maybe I'll check out more

I feel as though the majority of Sup Forums agrees that Arctic Monkeys and My Chemical Romance have mostly released good material, I don't get them being posted on here.

Pic related is mine, people get really elitist about the white stripes for some reason.

I think Sup Forums generally accepts this and self titled as decent albums

The 1975 - The 1975

Toothbrush is lofi to the point of almost being unlistenable, easy beat is their best album overall I would say when factoring in production but toothbrush definitely has the best songwriting and instrumentation.

Nah, white stripes are pretty good. I like Jack.

To be 2bh honest

not really an album but I get what you mean dudette.

Their whole discog basically

The entire genre.

>the shins
>literally "meh" the band
But I do like broken bells though.

it's a 6.5/10

Didn't know this existed but goddamn that edgy cover and name alone gives this album a 2/10.

>tfw Sup Forums turned against The National hard
latest album wasn't their best though

They're a shitry hipster band that panders to fesitvalcucks

Accurate as fuck.

I didn't even bother listening to this album for a while cause Sup Forums shit on it so much, but it's really fucking good
This band is so fucking bad I really don't get how people like them
these are all great albums

Actually, I enjoy their first three albums.