The Future of Noise

Where do you THINK the future of noise music lies? Where do you WANT the future of noise music to lie?

Ideally, for me, the future of noise should lie in the revival of insane, adrenaline-pumping performance art and danger music, new forms of organic noise performance to cut through the dull waves of staticky electronics, and harsh noise combined with chaotic free jazz. Overall, what noise used to be.

I also wouldn't mind more development in onkyokei. I believe there will still be many artists using these techniques; however, I think that staticky noise will continue to dominate from here on.

I also see a future in innovative computer-generated noise, such as computer stochasticism and indeterminacy. Humans provide the variables, computers manipulate them in a controlled environment to create a sonic form of the data(pic related). More development in this area will be expedited by the development of better commercial computers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UJLaj5rmo4w
youtube.com/watch?v=zvQoTfgA8Fo
anonymouswalls.bandcamp.com/album/wall-000037
youtube.com/watch?v=j14czmIHHE8
youtube.com/watch?v=sFgV6zT6nE4
youtube.com/watch?v=zAnfhhXJxYo
youtube.com/watch?v=lxZpEFJhO6k
vivomediaarts.com/category/destroy-vancouver/
youtube.com/watch?v=3UM-3E0zz8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=uhe3X_KmZ38
youtube.com/watch?v=vHSBXP-OVJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I see HNW and nothing else

But better more interesting samples in HNW.

I also see a move away from the edgy aesthetic.

>when someone listens to your noise project and says "i can sense your influences in free jazz"

>mfw i just knob twiddle experimenting with various signal sources

I think it will be new organizational methods that closely mirror current psychological experiences with computers. Multidimensional counterpoint and very rapid changes happening within seconds like surfing the web

I don't know really. Noise is so extense it could be labeled as experimental depending in what you're based of.
There's some new Noise movement i'm not aware of?

Static

>There's some new Noise movement i'm not aware of?
Do you know ambient noise wall,
or drone noise wall
or bass noise wall
?
The first 2 are not so different from HNW

what is HNW?

Define "noise"

Urge best music comes from making music outside an intention of applying genre labels, any genre's scenes propagate safeness

yeah, they are saying yor knob twiddling is reminiscent of free jazzists who twiddle their instruments.

youtube.com/watch?v=UJLaj5rmo4w

Harsh noise wall

I'd love to hear a harsh noise album from autechre. Elseq gets pretty noisey and it's great.

Development in the fusion of noise and dance music would be nice. Like rhythmic noise, sort of.

New genre: NDM (noise dance music)

These two are the most spot on

>what is HNW?
Harsh Noise wall.
Some consider to be a separated sub-genre from harsh noise, some consider it to be not a new sub-genre and its just harsh noise
youtube.com/watch?v=zvQoTfgA8Fo

Ambient noise wall
Also considered a unique sub-genre by some, but some people that consider HNW to be a real genre, dont consider this to be unique enought to be considered a real genre.

Drone Noise wall
Bass Noise wall

Cant find example now
anonymouswalls.bandcamp.com/album/wall-000037

>New genre: NDM (noise dance music)
Power Noise is the name.
And this exist since at least the 2000s
youtube.com/watch?v=j14czmIHHE8
youtube.com/watch?v=sFgV6zT6nE4

In the trash because it's not art and won't be remembered

>I am the authority on what is and isn't art
haha ok pleb

This țbh

I agree, one guy making alot of static and feedback is overdone, and can't evolve anymore. There should be more noise bands than solo artists. Noise is pretty limitless, it doesn't need to be edgy and harsh all the time.

Ryoji Ikeda is sorta noise dance.

good stuff senpai, are we /noise/ now?

youtube.com/watch?v=zAnfhhXJxYo

>Ryoji Ikeda is sorta noise dance.

ITT: people with no clue about noise's stylistic and conceptual development through the decades, no clue about its various branches and how they correlate with each other and no clue about its current general state speculate on the future of noise

hearing a dozen noise albums and reading some wikipedia articles and RYM reviews does not make you knowledgeable about this stuff

This is a common criticism in any noise thread... There's always that one guy who seems to have it all figured out and knows more than anyone else posting in the thread. Care to enlighten us about the stylistic and conceptual origins of noise? What's a good reference for people just getting into it...? Any literature you'd recommend? I doubt it.

then how has it lasted so long kek

>what noise used to be.

Noise began with bands like Coil and Current 93.

This is the future of noise. Power Electronics like Whitehouse are ok as well.

But the weird, atmospheric artists with prose poetry are more convergent with my interests in terms of the future of noise.

youtube.com/watch?v=lxZpEFJhO6k

Um.......... The stylistic origins of noise predate industrial music by fucking decades. What are you talking about?

The Futurists have no significant causal relationship to contemporary noise.

They absolutely do! Some of their methods of controlling and manipulating sound are still employed by noise musicians to this very day

>! Some of their methods of controlling and manipulating sound are still employed by noise musicians to this very day

That came later. The early artists in the genre were not interested in the Italian Futurists.

They were interested in a purely experimental form of 'music'.

Real noise is DIY fabrication of new musical 'instruments'. Just because some faggots read a Futurist manifesto about the shit and tries to copy it doesn't mean that some hundred year old dead Italians are still relevant.

Most noise producers don't even know about the Futurists

>noise began with coil and current 93

Hahah...check out Keiji Haino - Milky Way (1973). Predates the bands by several years.

I'm calling bullshit on this. Most contemporary noise musicians ARE influenced by Russolo in particular, regardless of whether or not they're aware of his extensive influence.

Just going for the most obvious, but Merzbow's earliest stuff has a very clear influence from the futurists. As well, TG were big fans of Marinetti, dating back to the COUM days.

>They were interested in a purely experimental form of 'music'.
Who are these musicians you're referring to? Seems like you're generalizing an awful lot here

>Most contemporary noise musicians ARE influenced by Russolo in particular, regardless of whether or not they're aware of his extensive influence.

>regardless of whether or not they're aware of his extensive influence.

>aware

This is my entire point. Noise producers are not aware of the Futurists in any meaningful way.

>Merzbow's earliest stuff has a very clear influence from the futurists

Prove it

>TG were big fans of Marinetti, dating back to the COUM days.

Show me proof

Remblandt Assemblage is basically a pastiche of Russolo's work. All of the homemade instruments in it are approximations of Intonarumori made out of knick-knacks. Furthermore, he states in a number of interviews (mostly in the 90s) that his chief influences at the time were the futurists, as well as industrial and performance art groups such as SPK and The Haters.

As for TG/Coum, read Wreckers of Civilisation. I haven't got the book next to me to tell you the key pages, but I assure you, it's there. I imagine this can also be found in any number of interviews.

>anonymouswalls.bandcamp.com/album/wall-000037
ops
that user wall would be an example of something called ambient noise wall by people.

Your artfag conception of noise is hilarious to me.

Real noise lives in shitty run-down illegal venues in which crazy people get hammered and bloody and destroy things.

I'm sick of people like you trying to edify something that is fundamentally against all of creation.

This.

What a banal and unambitious point of view.

>What a banal and unambitious point of view.

You have clearly never been to a real noise show

Fucking cognoscenti my ass

When people put ALOT more effort into noise music it's gonna blow everyone away. It has so much potential but it's wasted on lazy hacks.

>only edgy danger music is real noise
holy shit

>Real noise lives in shitty run-down illegal venues in which crazy people get hammered and bloody and destroy things.
This is only part of the current noise scene, obviously.

all genres are like this. Do you know how many disposable rock/hip hop albums there are?

>>only edgy danger music is real noise

Yes, and fuck your creation, you stupid art student

What en edgy little turd

Fucking all of creation is the fucking point of noise, you moronic, insignificant little pansy

I literally make noise and hang out with noise musicians, only about 10% of the ones I know are like that.

what city?

What's the matter?

Scared that real noise makers will find you and humiliate you?

Vancouver, Canada.

There's actually a great noise show happening this Saturday at VIVO Media Arts Centre if anyone in this thread is from Vancouver and interested.

vivomediaarts.com/category/destroy-vancouver/

FUCKING LEAF

I should have known from your smug, idiotic manner of speaking.

If I wasn't banned from your faggot country for life I'd come and taunt you.

Lol just admit that you were wrong

I'm saying the influence of Futurism is more evident in contemporary noise than you'd like to think. Awareness is irrelevant.

Wrong about what?

The influence of the Futurists on noise today?

I won't. 95% of people making noise don't give a single fuck about those fascists. Are you a nazi? Also, fuck Merzbow, and fuck all other mainstream 'noise'. Fuck your faggot artschool superclean venues. Fuck your carefully composed watered-down faggot shit. Fuck your creation.

Most of all, fuck you, and everything you believe in.

Wrong argument. I'm talking about the guy who claims
>Fucking all of creation is the fucking point of noise
Implying that all noise is edgy anti-everything angst

I am that guy you fucking moron

And I invoke pure chaos into all of your lives

o no

came back to Sup Forums after a three year break and I just wanna say I'm enjoying my stay

u guys must be out of the loop, most of the east coast noise scene makes techno type stuff now

youtube.com/watch?v=3UM-3E0zz8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=uhe3X_KmZ38
youtube.com/watch?v=vHSBXP-OVJQ

this person is spot on
look up "fake techno"

Holy shit we actually had a great discussion about the direction of an incredibly niche genre.

Naturally a fucking retarded prick throws the whole thing down the stairs for literally no reason other than to be an angry, angsty fuck.

Jesus fucking Christ man, grow up.

And fuck you too, you sycophantic, self-important know-nothing

Because if you knew anything about noise, you would know what I was getting at