Do we still like him?

Do we still like him?

Best electronic producer of the past 30 years

Nobody ever did (unironically).

No one can compete

>James, why would you betray us like this? I'm so angry.
>Calm down, calm down

No hes a cockhead

not true

YA-MA-HA

I like that he's even low-key flicking us all the bird in this picture.

>S I M C I T Y yeah

deep

SIMCITY

YEAH

yeah, i need money for drugs too, i just dont have a public (artistic) platform to scam kids who think they're smart with

YA-MA-HA

This guy is a walking meme. What do people see in him?

Here's a more recent pic.

kek

gene shalit looks good

I dont really like anything he's done but Human Story 3 is great IMO

why?

His music invokes feelings and nostalgia for a bygone era. The Internet has caused a rapid progression of our culture, and James' music is meant to illustrate the ''sludge'' that has been left behind in this rapid shift. Things like GPS, Motorola phones, myspace, Japanese influence on pop culture, cd players, things that seemed futuristic and unbelievable in the year 2000 but were quickly replaced just a few short years later. As kids, we experienced this new technology and it quickly faded as we grew, and we never really stopped to think about what happened to it. James' music unlocks those memories embedded deep within our brains in order to bring us back to that time where everything felt inspiring and limitless.

Look, I like the album but I'm getting real god damn sick of posts trying to explain what it is. We all get it. You don't need to keep explaining the goal of the album. Everyone gets it.

That guy clearly didn't because he asked what people see in him. It's about the emotion first and foremost.

Sounds like a load of wank tbhfam

Yeah dude I smoke weed and miss being 8 years old too.

i feel like opn does this but better

underrated

Marble surf makes me feel that way, but this is simplifying his discog sooo much. You actually don't get it.

dude v a p o r w a v e

It's more a critique on captialism imo

I guess so. I feel like if people want to put in the effort to understand and enjoy his music they will, and if they don't then they won't. Deconstructing it just makes it sound kind of pretentious.

is he a meme or not

Yes

you're a meme

nope. It's neither a critique or endorsement. It is what it is. You don't get it.

this
the music is just there
its representing the world around us like a soundtrack. its not commentating anything.

I dont think any of us get it.

No u

define meme
if you mean used as a meme by people here yes, but mostly by people who dislike him because they're the type of people who get off on being as contrarian as possible.
if you meme as in a generic buzzword insult no, he's actually fairly good by many people's standards. whether or not you personally like his stuff obviously depends on what you think of it.

Right. It's the purity of a child's perspective on the world. It's the feeling of the moment rather than any kind of political commentary. It's going to a shopping mall in 1997 as a kid and trying a new game console. It's going to an all you can eat Pizza hut buffet in 2000.

meme meme meme meme
it's like Sup Forumstards and cuck
everything is meme
everything is pretentious
everything is ironic
is he a meme? is it a meme? are you a meme?
just fucking shut up with that stupid ass word you fucking 15 year old shitheads

is this a meme?

leave Jimmy Ferrari alone

Yup you got it.

nice meme post

Maybe if Ferraro didn't make such memey music and spend so much time cultivating a meme image people wouldn't be so quick to associate him with memes.

>getting buttblasted over 4 letters on a Chinese milk carton imageboard
nice meme

No be mean to Joey Zamboni