Hey lads, i was wondering what the best headphone i could buy for around 80 dollars or less would be...

hey lads, i was wondering what the best headphone i could buy for around 80 dollars or less would be. i have these pieces of shit currently

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16826106514&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Headphones and Accessories-_-N82E16826106514&gclid=CNvs-IOIuM0CFVGAaQodrd8F6A&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Phillips SHP9500
Audio-Techinca AD500x
Sennheiser HD558/598
Superlux 668

I've been using those for years, they're on my ears right now playing some Sufjan.

Dude, for 20 bucks, those things are FAR from pieces of shit.

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16826106514&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Headphones and Accessories-_-N82E16826106514&gclid=CNvs-IOIuM0CFVGAaQodrd8F6A&gclsrc=aw.ds
These are pretty good

Open or closed?

HD518 for bass
HD558 for neutral
HD598 for highs

AKG K240 for some open cans

Cheap as fuck right now. Throw some velour pads on there and you're good.

+1

Sony MDR7506

memephones

yeah they've lasted me years
i know, they aren't that bad. i've just had them for so long i feel like i need a change
closed
thanks for the rec

Used by the man himself

>closed
Oh, well then I would look into Shure SRH440 or Sennheiser HD 439

Or maybe save up for the ath-m50x

I've had a pair of these for a year or so. Just dropped them a couple days ago, now things sound a little off.

Also, if you're going to buy them OP, I'd recommend investing in a shorter cord. Nobody needs 12 feet.

>ath-m50x

TRIGGERED

NVX XPT100 may be the perfect headphone for you

>12 feet
Literally what

i've heard that the ath-m40 is basically the same in sounds quality, is that true?

Pretty much. I wouldn't mind settling for them but the m50s are slightly better. Way better value though

>Also, if you're going to buy them OP, I'd recommend investing in a shorter cord. Nobody needs 12 feet.
Bullshit, bro. I need all the space I can get in my studio. My guitar is all the way over there.

Please for the love of god don't get a pair of m50/40

why friendo?

Awesome sound quality but terrible comfort, they're basically unusable. Also fragile as fuck.

They are way too popular and there are some other headphones which are a bit better I think.

>it's popular so I'm not gonna like it

Uh, yeah

They are not for pleasure, they are made and designed for analysis. There is nothing pleasurable or worth value to a casual listener. The clamp is way to hard for extended periods of time. The pads are garbage in every sense of the word. It has no soundstage specifically so they can analysis music in a studio. The highs are present but they are piercing and uncomfortable. Boomy obnoxious bass. no mids. Vocals sound like garbage. Overpriced compared to all the sets of headphones anyone has recommended here. Please for the love of god don't follow the m50 hype train.

It's like a friend recommending you an Arctic Monkey's album and they pick AM because it's the popular one despite having not listened to any of their previous LPs

I got used to my SR80e headphones after a while, but I agree, and when I first started using them I had to take a break every 30 minutes or so. I'd definitely say it's worth it for the sound.

As for fragile, these are my indoor use only headphones, so I don't really care

they're good headphones for a reasonable price, you can fuck off with your pretension

>good headphones

Yeah, if you haven't heard literally anything else

damn, thanks for warning me

why is mei so fat?!

>the clamp is way too hard for an extended period of time

I wear mine ALL day

>pads are garbage

I don't even sweat in them during summer, haven't started deteriorating at all, then tend to stay cooler than other ones, and you can always upgrade to the faux suede ones.

>no soundstage
>highs are 'piercing and uncomfortable'
>boomy obnoxious bass
>vocals sound garbage

I find the supposed 'lack of soundstage' perfect, I can easily distinguish between any instrument being played at any given time, Vocals are completely clear, just like everything else.
Bass isn't at all 'boomy' having compared them to Pioneer HDJ-500 and Sennheiser HD 25 II's.

And the device itself is actually quite durable despite its moving parts.

only disappointments in the design are very minor, high pitch sounds can leak out very slightly (guitar solos, anime voices) but otherwise the headphones are significantly isolating. and if its a cold night and you put them on you at first they will give you a shiver, but they warm up pretty quick, but never get too hot.

Very comfortable especially after you adjust the headset, and the adjuster notches don't slide easy, they tend to keep position when being handled but are also very easy to manipulate.

I really can see why it is considered the best $200 headphone.

It has remarkable build quality but can't compete with much higher end stuff ($300+)

I have black but the new Dark Green model gives me a fat willie.

Lol what the fuck are these things

fuck off

Aye they colored them the way they sound. SHIT

I'm literally using these right now, and people keep saying that $20 cans are automatically shit, but these are pretty fucking good, and I got these headphones 2 years ago at fucking Staples

I honestly don't know if I'm being retarded or that these headphones are phenomenally good for the price

They don't have any Soundstage and that's a fact.
>I really can see why it is considered the best $200 headphone
cept it's not. Any of the above are better value and sound better for cheaper.

>I have them so they're good
Please continue to be biased

Great overall build quality and sound reproduction.
Exaggerates bass more than I like for everyday use.
Great if you want bass emphasis, ear cups pivot, so great for one ear use.
Great design though.
Plain white ones look really good in person.

>biased

Its just my opinion bro, you don't need to have the same one.
But i've gone through some headphones made for different things, and the ATH-M50x are my favourite.

>better value and sound for cheaper

If I wanted value for money I'd use my IEMS,
they deliver quality and value far beyond any that budget headphones can deliver.
But they often lack the bass, and they can get uncomfortable and they are a hassle to take out and put it, especially compared to a pair of headphones you just slip off and on.

But I guess everyone sees things differently, and this might not have the same design principles or the features you look for in a set of cans.

Consider keeping your headphones and screwing a tactile transducer into the underside of the seat of your computer chair.

Tactile transducer: $20
Chinese solid state amp: $20
50hz low pass filter: $15

Some argue the bass isn't as muddy on tho 40s compared to the 50s. I haven't tried the 40s but my m50s never gave me bass problems. That said while they are good head phones they are the "worst" that I own.

Fuck you