Post 10/10 hip hop albums

post 10/10 hip hop albums

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/features/overtones/9727-chaos-theory-the-glorious-unpredictability-of-young-thug/
thebookofthug.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

every song sounds the same tho

SS3

its a good song

you first

no album with two birdman features can be a ten

so many personal 10s

wu tang clan - 36 chambers
things fall apart - the roots
illadelph halflife - the roots
nas - illmatic
lord quas - the unseen

more recent picks id say

freddie gibbs - piñata
kendrick - tpab
czarface - every hero needs a villain
death grips - the money store

pic related obviously

Shabazz

awful taste

birdman kills both features plen

you have horrible taste and can't think for yourself.

thanks but id disagree. lets see yours bitch

ridin' dirty
dreganomics
in a major way
purple haze
city of syrup
wegonefunkwichamind
deadly verses

They're all trap rap, so yeah. But Thugger puts something unique in every song. I swear every song on this album has been stuck in my head at some point.

they're all 10/10 songs, so is it really a problem?

>all trap rap, so yeah
>something unique in every song

implying birdman is bad

i liked GKMC

trap rap is the genre ya dumb fuck, by different, he means switching up flows and melodies

2nd only to illmatic

He admits they all sound the same, then turns around and says but they are all unique, You Young Thug fanboys don't even realise how contradicting you are at this point, not surprising though

hello fantandrone

madvillainy sort of comes close

birdman is fucking awful

6.5/10
literally who
the only 10 are
wu tang, the roots, nas and piñata
meme/10
nah
nope
yes
yes
ur right

BIRD MAN WHAT IT BE!
SMOKED SUM STUNNA BLUNTS, NOW MA EYES CHINESE! (chinese!)

mass hallucination bb

he didn't admit they were the same ya dumb fuck, he's trying to explain why the user thought they sounded the same.

fuck

yet both his features on Barter 6 are killer

yo

they have common elements that are distinctive of trap. What rap album doesn't have beats that sound similar to each other?

>They're all trap rap, so yeah
Of course thats not agreeing, no not at all, nope no way.

>hip hop
>10/10
heh
wew :O

>Flockaveli
>meme/10
what the fuck

at least you posted liquid swords

loved this

definitely worth checking out if you like early ASAP/ spaceghostpurp

>they're all the same genre, yeah
>but what he does with the genre in each song is unique
not only are you deaf, but you likely have dyslexia as well

>every song sounds the same tho
>They're all trap rap, so yeah
I don't know if you're actually retarded but he agrees that every song sounds the same, not similar. He goes on to say but they are all unique. It's not surprising a Young Thug fan can't get a grip on simple language though

Billy Woods- history will absolve me
One of my favorites recently

not memeing faggot
its actually good, go jerk off to mediocre 90s rappers with dead careers because everybody realized they made shit music and moved on

>People actually think trap can be better than a 6/10
It's good for parties and shit like that but otherwise it's absolute shit

No, actually the other guy got what I was saying. You're the one in the wrong.

>They're all trap rap, so yeah.
>But Thugger puts something unique in every song
>But
stupid fucking idiot
i'll admit Birdman isn't the greatest, but his verses on Constantly Hating and Knocked Off are the best verses that have ever come out of his mouth

Young Thug is trash

Young Thug is the only artist comparable to Kanye. He is not just another manufactured rap star, he is a complete artist. He is not someone that is being controlled by a record label. Thugger is singlehandedly one of the most innovative and unique rap artists of this decade.

He is a melodic genius, his beats are experimental, innovative, unique, he isn't afraid to experiment, he is constantly evolving and changing his style. Young Thug, from the beginning, has always pushed boundaries and has continued to make progressive music that others could only hope to imitate.

His voice is an instrument. He wants you to look beyond just the lyrics. They are there just to complement the music, they are an application of the voice as an instrument rather than a medium for verbal communication and storytelling. His voice and his sounds are something that no one else is doing. Young Thug obviously isn't a Kendrick/Drake type of rapper with outstanding rapping ability but he still manages to make better music than them.

His mixtape, Barter 6, is an extremely introspective and personal record. It allows you to better understand the perspective and emotions of Jeffrey Lamar Williams. The mixtape has become a bridge for white youth to enjoy the art of the black inner city and empathize with the likes of Thugger and that is what is so wonderful about art. We are able to see who he really is and understand him. The introductory interview at The Fader Ford shows that he is a surprisingly soft-spoken young man and it gives you all the more reason to care about him.

There was no Young Thug before Young Thug. He is not emulating anyone, he isn't trying to be anyone. He has no influences. When Check came out of nowhere, everyone loved it because nothing sounded like it.

He has accomplished so much at such a young age, can you imagine what his music is going to sound like in 5 years?

cool if you like him and all, but don't be delusional

kek, these copypastas are always a good read

pitchfork.com/features/overtones/9727-chaos-theory-the-glorious-unpredictability-of-young-thug/
>Atlanta producer Dun Deal remembers when he first met a 16-year-old kid named Jeffrey Williams, now better known the rapper Young Thug. "He was always a cool person; he always dressed weird," says Deal, who helped craft Thug's first true viral hit, "Stoner". "And the way he used to write his music was pretty crazy. He would just draw what he wanted to do on paper. That's how he used to record; he would draw, like, a picture."
>What kind of picture? "Weird signs and shapes," Deal says. "He'd be in the booth looking at the paper, and one day I went in there and looked at it and said, 'You didn't write any words down.' He looked at me and said: ‘I don't need no words.'"
come on user, even if it's copypasta, he has a point

Is there a hip-hop artist as avant-garde as Young Thug?

He is a profound artist.

His discography tells a story.

>College Dropout
Leaving everything and following your dreams.

>Late Registration
Success, working with talented people

>Graduation
Happiness, making it, creating enjoyable hip hop music

>808s
Trouble in paradise, breakups, deaths, starting to feel human again

>MBDTF
Going insane from the top of the world. Ideas rejected, egos, substance abuse, the American Dream.

>Yeezus
Insanity, frustration of life, and rejection.

>The Life of Pablo
Complete insanity. Trapped in marriage. Full debt. Unfulfilled dreams. Completely shunned by the media.

thebookofthug.com/

Get Woke you fools

Damn, theres nothing wrong with enjoying Young Thug but when it gets to that point you're just trying to justify to yourself why you like him. It ain't that deep, if you enjoy it thats fine just don't give me some bullshit about him being a genius.

did you even bother to read it or listen to it? unless you think all of music isn't deep, then there's basis of you to dismiss Young Thug as not being avant-garde

Read through a little, no way I'm going through the whole thing though. If you enjoy his music thats fine but if you feel the need the have an essay backing up the reasons why then you're just trying to justify it to yourself. It's the same as the people who write essays on Aesop Rocks lyrics.

sometimes when people appreciate music they like to express what they like about it

NOW EVERYBODY IN THE HOOD....
KNOW YA SISTA EAT A BOOTY REAL GOOD

Oblivion Access

excuse me?

>calls someones taste shit
>doesn't think Ridin' Dirty is a 10/10

if you keep listening to it you'll realize the difference but yeah its not really diverse

Near the pinnacle of modern music, Young Thug's repertoire is so unfairly glazed over in the overly white sophisticate as to make me sick, but to make such beautiful, inspiring works into mere political statements (though that they are, in part) would be to reduce one of the most amazing careers in music ever to nothing more than that of a typical "lean sippin' nigga", and that treatment may be a fate even worse than public ignorance.

The works on display in Barter 6 are titanic. "Constantly Hating" opens the set, and immediately, it is revealed that there is such a thing as a populist minimalist. But that is the name of the game for Thug - a shatterer of preconceived notions, and one of the very few in the avant-garde to make John fucking Cage seem conservative by comparison. I could go on for days about how "With That," though the worst of the set, far outstrips the careers of most modern composers entirely; how "Check" is a more "classical" approach for Thug, and it succeeds endlessly; how the highly political "OD" could easily be called the greatest triptych ever conceived in music; and how the chorus of "Halftime" separates the most impactful bars of music I've yet heard.

But I won't.

10/10 in my books

>actually thinks flockaveli is a meme and calls someone else's taste shit

at least you like mf doom

>listens to trap music once

yung thug is fuccen bangin nigga he talk about drugs and hoezzzz

homie was with all these dots n shit u writin i didnt understand anythin u wrote on this page hahaha boiii u white peope WYLIN

The gods over at TMT put it as the 2nd best album of the year yet everybody still calling it trash esemaich

no clue why this isn't mentioned more

Because Sup Forums isn't all jaded 90's baby New Yorkers

that was actually a fantastic list

No, it's pretty much people jerking off over 90's rap, trap or Kanye. Sup Forums is pretty shit for rap discussion

they're west coast, not new york

Best reply itt

Any Eminem album except Recovery

autism

you listen to all the recs but you cant tell the good from the bad

>He admits they all sound the same, then turns around and says but they are all unique

He almost never drops persona. He alternates from flippancy to exaggeration all the time.

I love this album but I can't help but think of pic related every time it's brought up