Mfw step up from FL to Live

>mfw step up from FL to Live

>mfw recording guitar with Focusrite Solo
>on the MME/DirectX selection, Live doesn't accept any input whatsoever (pic related)

>mfw I manage to record them on the ASIO selection but no output comes from ASIO drivers (pic soon)

Can some /prod/ucers help out a former fruity fag?

>no output comes from ASIO drivers
pic related

Why'd you make the switch in the first place? It's better to stick with what you know best.

that's very unhelpful

What version are you running

>step up
>ableton

why do people keep falling for this

Right click the speaker icon in the task bar. Click recording devices.

Try to enable it there, you MAY need to disable everything you are not using. (Make sure you show hidden devices(look it up) when you are done or it could look like it's lost forever)

Also you might need to restart ableton after you do this

live lite 9

ill try it

all fl studio has for it is its piano roll and lfo automation. ableton is better at everything else.

buy a mac

>lfo automation
no

no what? does ableton have lfo automation now?

it always has - right click and "Show Automation"

unless you mean LFO of parameters, that's under Max4Live devices

does not work, MME/DirectX in Preferences still doesn't accept any input. ASIO does, but no sound is emmited upon playback.

Have you tried updating your interface drivers?

is it recording from your guitar in that screenshot?

if it is, you're all set. if you want to hear it set up a return track with the monitor set to "in" and input from the guitar track

i downloaded them just today

oh ya also check your settings on the monitor part of the track - where it says "Ext. In"

Wait, does it not play back ANY audio? Or just not your guitar?

When I select the Focusrite ASIO drivers as an output device, they refuse to playback sound from any source, not just ;ive. Live won't accept any input device at all while under MME/DirectX, but will work under ASIO. It still dooesn't playback audio unless I choose my default audio driver.

can you please explain exactly what you're trying to do

Do you know the version of your copy. like 9.6.1 or something? Potentially your Focusrite driver is uncompatible with your version.

>people falling for the """ableton is better""" meme

ableton is better

I'm recording guitar in Live using a Focusrite audio interface. I have the updated Focusrite ASIO drivers, and Abelton Live 9 Lite.

I open Live and select an audio track. Going to audio Preferences, I choose "MME/DirectX". I can choose an output device, but not an input. See for pic. I choose ASIO and selct my Focusrite driver. I am now able to record guitar, but no sound is emmitted. This
isn't the problem because the Focusrite one won't play any audio at all, from any source. Pic related - on an audio test, no sound is emmited.

are you trying to listen to the guitar as it plays? is that the issue? that's easy to fix

Sorry to sounds like tech support, but have you tried turning your computer on and off, since you've installed the software/s? Some audio programs (protools in particular) and weird as fuck and this helps

yes please?

I'll try it

okay so I set up two audio tracks, the first one is the one where you are recording the guitar from. make sure that the "Audio From" part says the proper input.

Then on the second track, I set the monitor to IN, and set the Audio From to the first track. Now you can start recording on the first track, and it will play out the second track. Let me know if you need help.

fuck i forgot the picture

I don't think this is his problem. Look at the error in the first screen shot

this, I can't get input from guitar using MME/DirectX, and using ASIO means using my Focusrite ASIO driver, which doesn't work for some reason.

Restarting did not help.

try ASIO4all as a driver

I dont think that wont help at all, he wont even be able to use his interface

Not sure man. The only thing that comes to my mind which will most likely work is reinstalling windows/formatting your pc.

Try to look somewhere else for help too, maybe someone else had this problem

i don't have a windows PC, but I thought you could route using ASIO4all?

OK, I have no idea what I did (probably restarting the PC), but now it works!

Thanks for the help, Sup Forumstants!

glad to hear it!

Sick, good to hear m808

I dont think so? I was under the impression that it's a virtual audio interface. And you can't have to interfaces at once. I could be wrong, but asio drivers dont give me any routing options right now.

I don't know about any of that, but I do need my focusrite ASIO drivers in order to use my Focusrite Scarlett. ASIO4ALL will not work

Could be the reason? One or the other.

I only use asio4all if i want to play something in protools out of shitty computer speakers. so that is the extent of my experience with it