4x4

The contrarian's favorite collage thread.
R8, rec, guess age, occupation, fetishes, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LUBcqs0Z9QA
youtube.com/watch?v=u-CJgD-nd2U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll use 3x3 because I am not a contrarian.

I hope you're not planning on shooting anyone soon.

Is topsters down again or something?
I got a time out error

nsfcd.com/lastfm
or
lastfm.paddez.com

ty f4m

+Ben Frost, Prurient, DG, Haxan Cloak, John Hopkins
Rec: Amon Tobin - Supermodified
How are those new Circa Survive and Saosin albums? Haven't listened to either in a long time.

Thanks man. I've not listened to Amon Tobin since... Whichever album had "Bedtime Stories." Most of his stuff is a little... avante garde for me? But I'll check it out for sure.

New Saosin is kinda forgettable honestly. The singles they put out like The Silver String are decent but it's not amazing. An Anthony reunion should have been kickass but most of the songs sound the same, the screaming just feels random instead of organized, and it sounds kinda flopped together instead of really focused.

On the other hand, new Circa is amazing. Definitely a little more hardcore than their Juturna days so it took me a few listens but I definitely like it now. The melody to Only The Sun is great, Descensus is an amazing closer.

24, biology major
19, chemistry engineering major but will soon change it to music school
18, high school dropout, completely lost in life because of mental issues
stay strong brother

mental issues, yes... Everything else wrong lol. 23, steady job, working on a degree.

My favorite Godspeed to be honest.

Really digging some of these cover arts in your charts, will check out. Dead Can Dance, KMFDM, Secede, Pestilence, Demilich
Wasn't crazy about Station to Station

I'm looking for some MBV that sounds different enough from Loveless that it can't be compared. When listening to Isn't Anything, I just wanted to turn it off and listen to Loveless instead. Any recs?

I just recently started listening to them. I love skinny fists and asunder, sweet. the song mladic is fucking stellar, but idk if I love the rest of the album as much.

The drone pieces on Allelujah! are not remarkable to me but Mladic kicks so much ass. It's their best song, or at least I think.

how do you survive sober

at some point dated a gamer girl
kinda fat
is an art major
is a girl
has a pretty good sized record collection
is over 30 years old
wears hipster clothing
mostly silent but has a really sharp wit, uses sarcasm well
depressed as fuck

well they only released only 1 other album you haven't mentioned
if you want something pretty similar to MBV but isn't them, listen to In the Presence of Nothing by Lilys

regardless here's a cover of a Wire song by MBV
youtube.com/watch?v=LUBcqs0Z9QA

What do you think of that Of the Wand and the Moon album? I wasn't a huge fan personally, too upbeat and too much reverb for me. Never really been a fan of neo-folk bands rooted in post-punk. Watch the Skyline Catch Fire is a really beautiful track though.

You might like Vergissmeinnicht - Whispering Solitude

Husker Du is probably my favorite homosexual band

youtube.com/watch?v=u-CJgD-nd2U

Recently ate a banana

Cerberus Shoal - Homb

Public Image Ltd. a shit btw
this is a fact

I was a graphic design major. Changed it to American Sign Language. Really good guess though.

>Three Chelsea Wolfe albums

Yeah, i think we'd get along pretty well...

>is a girl
nah, kinda wish sometimes tho

I would, but I am but a poor college student :P.

I just recently started listening to her. I love the dark and ominous mood she creates with her music. good shit indeed.

>depressed as fuck
accurate
it's my favourite lp of his, I didn't think it was too reverby but the first couple tracks last too long imo
the live album Live at the Lodge of Imploded Love is great too because it's mostly the stronger tracks from The Lone Descent and a leftover unreleased b side that's really strong I think

a kill me

testing

it's working

i am become post-feelist, distributor of memes

7/10
6.5/10
4/10
5/10
6/10
notenoughplays/10
5./10
6.6/10