Indie music is dead now. The only acts around now are those that became established long ago...

Indie music is dead now. The only acts around now are those that became established long ago. Is it back to playing basements forever now?

>Is it back to being the way that it should be
I sure hope so user

As someone who's played at big venues and basements/houses
I can confirm that Basement/house shows are where it's at for real.

indie is bad lmao

>Indie music is dead now
Lol no it's not

I think rock will have its return. We already have those shitty ballads like we had in the 80's, soon people will discover electric guitar and a fuzz pedal and have angerh things to say and eventually things will be the way it should be

nice meme

Have you ever been to a stadium concert dude? Fuck me it is the shittiest kind of show. Would rather see a house show with less than 30 people than go to a stadium ever again

>he still has hope for rock

find out more about your local scene. maybe actually try going to one of the basement shows and see how you like it.

Music comes and goes, synth pop and hair metal used to be really popular, then it was grunge/funk metal type bands, now R&B and hip-hop, people will eventually gravitate towards rock orientated music again I'm sure.

house shows seem really cool desu even though i've never been to one

i need to get involved in my city and start making friends

You fucking retards… don't you realize it yet?

It's not the '60s anymore. MTV has destroyed music, internet has destroyed record sales. Real rock music has been dead for years now. Rock is not profitable anymore. It's still around only because there are people who still believe in this meme.

It's always been playing basements and warehouses and shit, the underground is all that matters you out of touch moron

This generation has nothing to be angsty about. Another war or economic catastrophe will probably do it.

>impending energy and environmental crisis
>hurr this generation has nothing to be angsty about
Nice meme :^)

We can always be angsty about not having anything to be angsty about

I think you just described Stressed Out by 21 Pilots.

if i can add.

Rock shows are more expensive to go to then electronic/raves. Also the rock crowds are also far less fun and energetic in my experience, if you are out to dance and have fun electronic music is the most easily available option.

Since rock has been usurped as a source of fun, it's starting to aim for more half assed cerebral artiness. Indie's on the fast track to playing in museums and on NPR, not even basements would have them.

that would imply 21 pilots isnt around anymore.

Yup. Rock music has simply been taken apart into separate markets.

Take Beatles or Stones. Their teen idol/sex icon aspect has been taken over by boy bands like One Direction. EDM covers a different ground: it is now the music to dance and do drugs to. For weed, there's hip hop and other kinds of electronic music. For raw angsty rebellious teens there's all kinds of metal—another niche.

In all cases, they do things much more efficiently, wasting no expense and focusing on their purpose. Boy bands simply hire male models and let producers do the rest. Dance music is made specifically tailored for specific drugs, like ecstasy and so on. Metal takes guitar distortion and amplifies it to 11.

People who actually like to listen to music are a minority. They are hard to please and don't provide sufficient profit. Making any other kind of music has much better return of investment, especially from live performance.

>Refugees
>Terrorism
>Islam
>Immigration
>Environmental crisis

Are you retarded? This is the most tense it's been since the Cold War.