Tfw 4 times a week i get high, listen to my favorite music and pretend i made the songs

>tfw 4 times a week i get high, listen to my favorite music and pretend i made the songs
>i picture myself as an artist performing the songs, how i would sequence my albums, how i interact with my fan base, how music sites review my music
>i take songs from multiple artists and pretend i made all of them with perfect albums of diverse tunes

i don't know how much i can keep doing this, everytime my high ends it's back to reality and my shitty min wage job in mid 20s

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maladaptive_daydreaming
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Autism is a disease that should not be spread.

You know what to do, OP

I've never been diagnosed with autism

now try and make an actual album of music that you've made.

keep doing this, until you really make something good.

then you can use all this mental practice on something you made, and hopefully work towards being a successful artist

instead of dreaming, live

I do this too. Not with all the detail you do, but I listen to songs and imagine i'm performing them
I think a lot of people do.
And I also get high and snuggle up in my bed and listen to music and play video games and stuff to temporarily escape reality, but when i'm sober I don't just wait for the next high, I actively work to improve my life
Constantly escaping reality and procrastinating is a waste of time, I spent years doing it in highschool
Just set goals, I started with cutting off 30 minutes of computer time each day to work towards a goal and do something productive, and then 30 minutes more
One step at a time, thinking positively will affect everything around you positively
Take a few minutes every day to think about everything you have to be grateful about, and then imagine the things you don't have and try feel gratitude towards those things despite them not happening yet, if you act like you have something your chances of getting it will vastly improve

I absolutely do this. I even conjured up an entire storyline similar to Walk Hard - though not a comedy - about my band and all their personal struggles while forming, touring and eventually breaking up. I realized it might make a good TV-show if the soundtrack was original so I moved on to the next level and started imagining what the story behind that TV-show would be.

I clearly suffer from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maladaptive_daydreaming so I've been trying to quit, but somehow it lets me immerse myself in the songs I listen to more.

Do something about it. Either write music yourself or, seeing as you hate your job and possibly where you are, do what I'm doing - take a TEFL course, and just fuck off somewhere completely different. I'm bored in England, so I'm moving to Thailand.

Every now and then, I like to imagine that I've become a moderately successful up-and-coming lo-fi/ indie artist making pretty little ditties you can hum to. I haven't totally blown up yet but after a few years of demos and EPs I've finally put out my first album to a pretty warm reception. Strong 7 from Fantano, light 8.X from p4k but no BNM. Anyway, I'm touring this album and after the show I wait at the venue's exit literally giving people the album for free. I drag hundreds of copies of this CD around with me for the whole tour, making sure every single person leaves with one. If anyone asks why I'm doing this I just explain it away saying I make all my money from touring. Everyone thanks me, leaving thinking "what a cool guy" - even the ones who didn't really like the gig. Of course, for many of them it's little more than a pretty coaster, but there will be some who decide to stick it on maybe a few days after the gig. They grab themselves a coffee, kick back, and put the record on. The first thing they hear is the compressed crunch of overproduced rawk geetarz, followed by:

>SAWWWWWWW!
>AHYABREATHIN?
>SAWWWWWWW!
>AHYABREATHIN?
>NO! NO!

They recoil slightly, wondering exactly what they're listening to. Some of them may find it vaguely familiar. Some of them will skip it after a minute or so, assuming it to be a lame joke. Either way, the next track starts with some funky techno beats, until a whiny sounding voice starts singing the following poetry:

>Tell me exactly what I am supposed to do?
>Now that I have allowed you to BEAT MEH!

(1/2)

By this point they begin to get agitated, so they flip the case over and examine the tracklisting. "02 - This Day Is Like A Dream" it says. So what the fuck is this shit? They begin skipping tracks furiously now - every single track begins with a few seconds of a downtuned riff followed by some of the most ridiculous angst vocals ever committed to tape. Because you see, what they're actually listening to is a copy of Disturbed's 2000 debut album "The Sickness". That's right, I've actually burnt thousands of copies of this album to disc, disguised it as my own album, hired a van to carry them round with me across the country and personally handed them to every single member of the audience.

I don't know why this is so funny to me but I think about it a lot. I mean, not all the time, but definitely way more than I should. The mere thought of it can reduce me to tears of laughter - imagining the people being paid to drive around copies of an album I pirated, imagining the fans' gradual reaction as the penny drops, imagining it becoming a meme and dividing my fanbase with some of them thinking it's a hilarious stunt while others completely disown my work, imagining Disturbed's legal team actually getting in touch and sincerely threatening me with legal action over it. I'm literally giggling just typing this now. It has to be this album too, I tried picturing it with Hybrid Theory or Chocolate Starfish and it just wasn't as funny. So yeah, that's my thoughts. Stay stupified, Sup Forums

(2/2)

Whenever I'm alone, I'll literally get up, close my eyes, get air guitar and imagine I'm performing the songs for a crowd. It's such a weird and exhilarating experience. I do it as a way to have fun and pretend I have another life. I feel you user.

putting a bullet through the skull is the best birth control

you guys are fucking weird

I have a good job and a good social life. When I'm said I write music because it makes me happy.

This is some of the funniest shit I have ever read.

There are definitely lots of songs I wish I wrote and it's a really really weird feeling for me. But I don't do any of those things.

OP FIND THE PATTERNS THAT MAKE THEM GOOD AND DEVELOP YOUR OWN STYLE.

kek

i chuckled

I once got so high I thought I was Daniel Johnston

what if i suck?

keep doing it until you don't

is that really how it works? some people completely lack the talent for music no?

maybe i could keep practising forever and keep sucking forever. . .

if you don't try, you have a 0% chance of success. if you do try, you have more than a 0% chance of success. this is life 101.

I do not follow my own advice here btw, I sit in my room shitposting and wanking all day. but I do know the score. you don't get to complain if you don't try.

fair enough

Literally laughing at the mental image