Bands you really wish you didn't like

Bands you really wish you didn't like.

Other urls found in this thread:

moufawad-paul.blogspot.ca/2015/09/identity-politics-at-its-nadir-viet.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ypVPLXuj8&ab_channel=GrandMagus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop being a pussy about the name change.

How am I the fucking pussy in this situation?

That album was great, but I hear those guys are a bunch of PC faggots. I don't care, I just think it's sort of funny.

I think it's a little silly to let something like that get in the way of your enjoyment of a band

>it's another thinly-veiled Sup Forums thread

They almost certainly didn't change the name because they cared they were offending people but because they wanted to continue their career without people calling them racists all the fucking time. Also, if they'd have released their second album as Viet Cong, do you think Pitchfork/CoS/TMT etc. wouldn't pan it just because of their name? Why can't anyone see this?

this, it was a business move

Viet Cong is a cool band name, but changing it was the right thing to do if they care about making money

how are they called now?

Sorry, I guess I mistook them for some sort of punk band. Maybe bending to the whim of a bunch of oversensitive college kids in order to make a profit is punk now. I guess I'm just out of touch.

By the way, you guys are voting for Bernie, right? He'll outlaw free... I mean hate speech and give us free shit!

>He'll outlaw free... I mean hate speech and give us free shit!
Why do you want to intentionally hurt other people's feelings? Are you a Trump supporter?

Please be bait.

Why do you faggots always go full retard with cuck memes and Bernie posting?

Ooops you meant to quote haha sorry about that!

Dude being called racist is something not a lot of people want. As people they don't want to be branded something they're not. They're doing this for themselves, not because some "sjw" got mad.

I made the thread, dude. Please retitle that webm "SJWs enter a thread."

No, I didn't mean to call my own post bait. All memes aside, if you seriously believe in outlawing "hate speech," you really need to rethink which ideology you subscribe to.

Hanzel und Gretyl

Anyone who thinks that the name Viet Cong is racist is a complete fucking retard. Why do they care so much about what retards think?

>All memes aside, if you seriously believe in outlawing "hate speech," you really need to rethink which ideology you subscribe to.
If you willing conduct "hate speech," you really need to rethink which ideology you subscribe to.

Nigger.

You understand that people don't want it to be outlawed right? A majority of feminists and leftists i have spoken to in real life tell me this. "We don't have to supply a platform for those people to speak on." The people saying hate speech will still be able to speak; they just need to provide their own platform.

Why do you condone racism?

I'm Don't support Bernie; don't agree with hate speech being a crime. I think that the people complaining about it are illiberal dickheads who need to find something to do with their free time.
But their sole career is being musicians and making music, and their name was hindering their ability to work. They had at least two shows cancelled. There were quite large demonstrations outside most of their gigs. Websites were writing article after article about their name, and even pestering them in interviews about it, instead of asking about their music. And by all accounts they didn't really care about the name to begin with. Not many musicians make a whole lot of money, and you'd have to be insane to throw away your career over a name. This wasn't some Gene Simmons-level greedy move. This was really about maintaining a career at all. All the people complaining about the name change are justified in being annoyed about it, but that anger should be aimed at the people who pestered them for a year about it rather than the band that only made the decision out of what was essentially necessity.

who cares it's JUST a band name, asshole. Whoopdee friggin doo.
Its not their fault the general public doesnt agree with you

By "it" I mean their original name by the way.

>muh punk

By changing the name they proved they are frauds that are only in it for the money. If they had any integrity, they would've told everyone to fuck off. It's just a shame that they're one of the few modern post-punk bands that aren't complete shit.

It has nothing to do with what I or the general public wants. They are just pussies who were bullied into changing their name. They are frauds.

Almost every punk musician I know are very liberal (what you would call a SJW I suppose).

Perhaps you should be listening to something else.

If changing your band name so you can continue playing shows and selling records and literally supporting your only livelihood is "being in it for the money" then yeah, these guys are huge frauds

the music's good senpai, idk why you are so concerned with image.

they want to make money
fucking dicks

The SJW mentality is not at all liberal. They're literal fascists who support censorship and persecution of political beliefs that differ from theirs. Punks artists who support such an ideology are the ones in the wrong genre, not me. I guarantee you that if the guys in This Heat had named their band Viet Cong, they wouldn't change it because people got pissed off. Why? Because they would've done it for the same reason Viet Cong did it, to show their dissatisfaction with western (specifically American) intervention in foreign countries. The difference is that the guys in This Heat weren't pussies.

If they're going to pretend that they're some sort of leftist, anti-capitalist band, then they should at least pretend that money isn't their main priority.

And why do you assume that they're anti-capitalism?

When have they ever pretended to be a leftist, anti-capitalist band? Every interviewed I've seen by them makes them just seem like four blokes making music.

Leftist≠anti-capitalist

>pretend that they're some sort of leftist, anti-capitalist band
they're literally never done this

Economically speaking "left" is generally regularization of the market and statism, so to some degree it implies anti-capitalism.

Their main influence is This Heat and their lyrics express dissatisfaction with the current way of life. Sorry for putting two and two together.

Nah the free market requires restriction and regulation to work is best. Most liberals are pro-cap

The "left" is primarily concerned with social issues rather than economic. It's a red herring

The band should do whatever they feel is best for themselves. The overall controversy was fucking stupid though. Here's a good article about it:

moufawad-paul.blogspot.ca/2015/09/identity-politics-at-its-nadir-viet.html

What film is this?

>m-muh imperialism is bad
Fucking commies.

>Their main influence is This Heat and their lyrics express dissatisfaction with the current way of life
So even making a single penny off their music would make them frauds then; good to know since these two factors combined can only mean anti-capitalist

Your jumps to conclusions aren't "putting two and two together", stop making an ass of yourself by trying to talk for the band

>they express dissatisfaction with the current way of life
>so they make music to win money and change that current way of life
Look how easy it is to make up shit about something you don't know anything about.

Was wondering too. Reverse image search says dead snow 2

>dead snow 2
Ah yes, cheers for that. Found a link to the scene in question. -> youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ypVPLXuj8&ab_channel=GrandMagus

>punk band named Dead Kennedys
>whoa that's offensive, a lot of Kennedys keep dying

>Band named viet cong in 2015
>whoa that's racist because I perceive all Vietnamese people as part of a guirralla warfare group from the Vietnam war
So to say Viet Cong is a racist name. What race. Like, a black punk band named the ku klux klan isnt racist. The kkk is bad, having a band name named after them that is punk isnt bad its fucking punk.to say a black band named kkk is racist implies every white person is in the kkk. to say viet cong is racist os saying all Vietnamese people are viet cong. What I can't fucking believe is this shit band barley defended themselves. Like grow a pair of balls. Women was a better band.

they must be a woman

just bought my tickets for their show in brooklyn in october. i hope this new album is good not really feeling anxiety