ITT: Post Works in Progress

Post a clyp of what you've been working on. R8 & H8.

clyp.it/ktruyolb

My friends can only listen to so much of my music. So now I turn to you all.

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/3yesm1k5
clyp.it/a231n3ne
clyp.it/5hob13kj
clyp.it/xyjtcoon
clyp.it/ypicj3l1
clyp.it/df3w1eru
clyp.it/lp5hnjhi
clyp.it/orolgg2p
clyp.it/5zwlyv3v
clyp.it/4cc3xyaf
clyp.it/wveum5jp
clyp.it/1mrkn1lk
clyp.it/qeeet0jc
clyp.it/5poarcn1
clyp.it/1hnxwfr3
vocaroo.com/i/s0jjO8NPZyIO
clyp.it/3mm43yrw
clyp.it/motx5i0a
christianvaporcollectivence.bandcamp.com/album/the-sword-the-shield-the-a-e-s-t-h-e-t-i-c
juliawinters.bandcamp.com/releases
clyp.it/xarwj342
clyp.it/dnlwsxu3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah it's good, some of the lyrics are uite cliche though which took me out a few times. Is there going to be any other instrumentation?

here's mine

clyp.it/3yesm1k5

>some of the lyrics are uite clich
Afraid of that. Noted.

>Is there going to be any other instrumentation?
Depends on what the band thinks of it and what I can do about the lyrics.

Yours is good, on the short side though. You've got some intriguing facets at play here, like that vocal line in the background and that accordion-esque line going on at one point. Would make a nice interlude as is. If you were thinking of expanding I'd tweak the dynamics so there's more of a crescendo and drop. Good stuff though.

clyp.it/a231n3ne

Heres my pscyh pop song

would appreciate criticisms and tips.

Needs more variation in the verse section.

Also, you need to axe that EDM style Snare/Clap. It sounds way out of place.

nice but that sample that sound like a reversed snare gets super repetitive and too attention grabbing.

clyp.it/5hob13kj

Thanks will try adding more to verses they do get a bit stale but there will be vocals ofc to spice it up. I will mess with snare sound but i kind of like it.

Idk, the snare just really sounds off for that style of music and instrumentation.

Some of the lyrics are a little meh desu. Might need to spend a bit more time on that front.

clyp.it/xyjtcoon

Real rough sketch.

>Might need to spend a bit more time on that front.
Well I do that everyday. Thanks for listening.

I like your ideas and thats some rather detailed production but you gotta step up on the DAW and VST game my boy ( i do too but w/e). above average melody.
That was a very engaging and interesting listen!

Now that is an odd choice of crescendo, very neat. whats that sample?

What do you guys think of my songwriting/arranging? how about the production?

clyp.it/ypicj3l1

it's the windows logon sound

No the french woman you mother fucker
GOD you are stupid as fuck i hate you

I didnt say the melody was odd lol,
but on the topic of the melody it was reasonable but subtly sophisticated as well

I could detect the cadences but i didn't know where the song was going to go.

Oh that, it's just a text to speech program, supposed to be for the French language but I put some English text in so it sounds like made up words

bumper

Hey OP here, bout to leave for work. Anyone got some tips on improving lyrics?

clyp.it/df3w1eru
How's this sound? I'm probably never gonna finish it, though

clyp.it/lp5hnjhi

Basically finished. Would love some feedback bros:

clyp.it/orolgg2p

Really like the vibe of this

Bump

Be nice, it's the first demo
clyp.it/5zwlyv3v

bump

pretty good

i dig it

Don't sound corny, that's all

i like it, good work OP

You listen to my clyp by chance? Too corny?

Thanks. There's a verse stanza I just added in there that I think I'm going to change. I think I'm a little on the nose.

bump for feedback

No but I did now. They're fine, but I'm no lyric snob

clyp.it/4cc3xyaf
Kind of techno/house-y tune with a breakbeat
I've been messing around with FL Studio for the past month or so and this is the first actual thing I've made myself sit down and work on

nice, i like it

EARTH ANGEL, EARTH ANGEL
WILL YOU BE MINE

yall need to step it up
clyp.it/wveum5jp

Anyone got any advice on a DAW to use for Android phone?

self-bump, looking for feedback pls

thanks user

just use your pc

Has nice melodies. My one suggestion is to work on tweaking the mix a little bit between the guitar and vocals. I'm no prod expert by any means, but maybe try double tracking the guitar, pan each track to one side then try and place them behind the vocal tracks. Some harmonies would definitely emphasize your vocals a bit more too.
Also, have you thought of raising the tempo a bit? Good work regardless.

Thanks, that's some useful feedback and advice

clyp.it/1mrkn1lk
This is a quick recording of a song that I'm writing which will hopefully be part of a project that I'm writing. What kind of atmosphere does it give?

reminds me of a male lo-fi Joanna Newsom without an annoying voice and with an acoustic guitar. pls be an artist

Couple of recent ideas:

clyp.it/qeeet0jc

clyp.it/5poarcn1

Gonna roll a joint and listen to the thread now.

pretty cool stuff

Thanks user, and I'm trying

No worries. Just an opinion too, by no means do you have to take my advice, I need more feedback myself.

Good thread guys, thanks for keeping it going.

>clyp.it/1mrkn1lk

Obviously v unpolished but the progression is nice and I like the melancholic vibe

>clyp.it/wveum5jp

Nah...this sort of thing has been done way better, there's not much to grab onto and the structure is aimless.

clyp.it/4cc3xyaf

Aphex fan? Pleasantly surprised by the combo of the first 3 sounds+rhythms, they work well. The repetitive break not so much.

>clyp.it/5zwlyv3v

Autotune your vocals and whack loads of reverb onto everything and I'll be able to sit through this.
Oh, you said be nice...guitar tone is pleasing :)

>clyp.it/orolgg2p

Like the first section a lot and quite like the last section but not the middle.
The low end is very muddy, you need to roll some of that off.

ƒrom:

eh. here's part of a song.

clyp.it/1hnxwfr3

I'm gonna describe what kind of food a few clips sound like to me.

First one is sucking a ring pop while at an arcade, 2nd one is eating cheezits incorrectly.
Eating sourdough bread because its the only think left in your apartment and you don't have the energy to go out and get something else.
repeatedly deepthroating multiple bananas, quickly.
Munching on a pear while driving through LA at midnight.
microwave dinner fettuccine alfredo that tastes surprisingly alright.
Blueberries
Ironically eating guava.

vocaroo.com/i/s0jjO8NPZyIO

Clyp.it isnt loading

What is the correct way to eat cheezits?

>Eating sourdough bread because its the only think left in your apartment and you don't have the energy to go out and get something else.
>Blueberries
I take these as compliments

Also your song was nice. You are much better at guitar and singing than I am

Do OP please. I'm curious kek.

Thanks.

The correct way to eat cheezits is to not eat them incorrectly. And I meant all my responses as compliments, except for one.

Eating fruit by the foot in the late 90's and accidentally eating a bit of the paper attached to it but you didn't even notice until a bit afterwards so you just decide to roll with it.

Kek thanks user.

I'm just here so I don't get fined.

Well glad to have you here, mate.

first one sounds like garbage, literally like a pig dying
and i can tell you made those drums in fucking drumsynth live, are you kidding

second one sounds exactly the same

thanks thats what i was going for

im

Sorry for hurting your ƒeelings ƒam

Pretty early work in progress for me. Trying out some weird patterns and just playing around with my synths

clyp.it/3mm43yrw

Feedback for others that I've listened to so far:

I dig the lyricism. Pretty interesting stuff.

Pretty slick production. I like the changeup at the one minute mark.

I love the old-school cat synths and the percussion. Sounds like an IDM remix of a track off of the Fez soundtrack

Got the rest of this as an album? Feels like a teaser or an intro for an album

sorry you have no clue how to write music

And yet writing music is my job :)

WIP post-rock/ambient track.

clyp.it/motx5i0a

Any feedback welcomed.

Groovy shit, user

This is very lush and dreamy

cool, i'll let the label (who published Gnarls Barkeley, Dangerdoom, Tobacco) im releasing with know

Lush ƒam. I'm a real sucker for pretty, consonant ambience like this.

Stop being so mad ƒam. You've got to be a bit thicker skinned if you're going to release music into the public.

Stop using that dumb f you piece of shit.

What, you think is is ƒucking ƒunny you ƒlaming chunk oƒ ƒaggot cake? Just because you spend all your spare time ƒingering all your ƒurry ƒriends in their ugly hairy sƒincters doesn't mean you have to bring this gay ass shit here ƒucking ƒairy. Go ƒuck yourself.

Time to take your meds my ƒƒƒriend.

>yourself
Missed one ƒam

It's the start of the last part of my album Absolute Madness IV

i already posted this itt but i didnt get any feedback (despite giving some myself!) so here i am again

clyp.it/ypicj3l1

Thanks bruh. I'll check it out

meme

Ok I was a bit harsh ƒam, I like the pads in the first little break.

th...thanks

It's like if Steven Stapleton got really chill and went outside. I like the variety and how you either splice or blend the sounds together

thank you ! Ive never heard of this stapleton man, is he any good?

Its funny that you mention outside because I acutally recently wrote a "nature suite" which was kind of a tonally organized collection of phrases and segments
Would you like to hear it? It actually eneded up on one of the Sup Forums makes an album bandcamp releases aaha

You maybe heard of Nurse With Wound. It's mostly an industrial sound collage project that's decades old and pretty spooky, but generally well-made

I'd like to hear it. Post it, user

christianvaporcollectivence.bandcamp.com/album/the-sword-the-shield-the-a-e-s-t-h-e-t-i-c

Go to the last track of the album, thats me!
It got some praise in the threads after it was published!

Very cool. Checking this out. Thanks!

Youre quite cool yourself mister

Got a name/link for just your stuff? jw

meant for

Fuck thats nice. You gonna add lyrics?

Fuck that's nice. You gonna add lyrics?

>deleted his post for no reason other than he wanted his stupid irrelevant trip on

are you literally autistic?

juliawinters.bandcamp.com/releases
here, but rather unhappy with its current stance

Thinking about scrapping all of the ideas, and re recording from scratch with the arrangements being showcased mostly by the human voice (i will get my friend to immitate a banjo, and other string instruments

Plus, i plan on conceptualizing it as an double feature of being an album and a childrens book, it would be about this pilgrim who finds a magic bicycle that can travel through the air AND time so the book would be him checking in on and witnessing important american historical events, and he would meet a woman that he tries to take with him and all that

do you think thats a "forward thinking" idea for an album? im trying to break barriers here

I made this recently, nearly finished. Hopefully going on a 12" but I would love some extra feedback on it..

clyp.it/xarwj342

It's pretty forward-thinking, but if you do it well, it'll catch on with someone

Would you like to help me with it???! just brainstorming ideas maybe storyboarding if you draw at all or anything like that would be appreciated

Not much of an artist, but shoot me a message
[email protected]

Does it sound nice?

clyp.it/dnlwsxu3

it sounds great! where can i find your stuff?

I like the song, but it sounds like you're straining your voice and/or singing with your nose in some parts. if you fix that, it'd be a little better. but overall good work OP

I like it. I don't know the technical terms for all of the effects, but the part where it suddenly got a lot quieter was really cool.