first electro swing now disco

I like it. maybe a bit to reliant on that vocal sample though

-1/10

deserves less than that, though

the song is pure dogshit

Colours is GOAT material

christ not this pathetic trip again

filtered

We get it guy, you don't like The Avalanches for [UNEXPLAINED REASON], why the need to bitch?

This new album will be shit. No where near as close as Since I Left You. You can rip SILY into individual tracks and they can still stand on their own as brilliant.

But with these 3 new releases, I can't help but feel that some of the more vital members of the group left a long time ago.

That was an awful vocal sample holy shit

not bad for electroswing

>yfw on july the 8th when you realize the avalanches were just playing around with samples that didn't make it to the record and making fans believe album would be shit
>yfw you realize they produced frankie sinatra as a joke

god would only hope

a sample that didn't make the record, is typically cut right from the get go.

so, unfortunately, this is the real album.

youtube.com/watch?v=SjfspM5sDIA
go on, listen to it again. it will make it more satisfying when you get to hear the real deal

YOU WALK ON THE SUBWAY IT GROOVES AROUND~

fuck you all I love this

of course neo-Sup Forums loves electroswing

>Sup Forums hates all the currently released track
>Sup Forums will hate the album when it finally comes out
>p4k and Fantano will give it high scores
>Sup Forums will suddenly like it
This is exactly what will happen, calling it now

MOVING OUT MOVING OUT WITH ME

Going home will be the GOAT track of this album. You can listen to it from their primavera set. Holy shit. What a fucking track. I'm still in disbelief. It transitions right after Subways and it's like Stay Another Season except 200x better.

>mfw that bassline

>now disco
either this is bait or you've never listened to SILY

The main sample is pretty nice, but holy god that vocal sample is fucking awful. They overuse the shit out of it and it almost ruins the track.

This. Going Home and Colours are the most Avalanches song that we've heard so far
>THIS IS A SONG FOR THE GENIUS CHILD
>DANCE THE PAIN AWAY
>Nothin, just called to tell you I'm okay and shit
Fucking warms my heart.

one of the three members left

OLD AVALANCHES

youtube.com/watch?v=qwUpbpCGpcY

four*

The current line up is down to Robbie, Tony, and James who came back in the past year or two.

i love this. COME BACK DARREN!

Got a specific time for Going Home from the Primavera recording?

I know I always saw him as the face of the band, based off this vid and this pic

darren is a happy dad now.

Is the official Colours video private for everyone else? I can't seem to watch it

lol wtf he looks like a hipster version of my dad

so surprised how many people don't know these bangers.

It's on the Vevo page now.

exactly this. a bit of a reverse Painting With, if you will.

Overall I like Subways. I just think that the Warm Ride sample is mixed too high. There's so much shit going on in the background that you can't really get because Warm Ride is overpowering everything. Take off the headphones and you can hear it. It's okay though because Going Home is GOAT/10.

El Producto and this performance especially inspired me to become a musician. They just are in love with music and performing. It's great. The beginning of Rock City where Darren just belts with his fist in the air fucking kills me.

Darren's really charamatic so he was definitely the face. But it was him AND Robbie especially who were the brains behind The Avalanches. Robbie started it all, they're together in early interviews, and are the most dominant roles in the minidoc during SILY's production.

Listening to all the tracks edited together and so far it's incredible. I feel like I'm really going to love this album. The only song I'm not crazy about is If I Was a Folkstar.

>blocked here in spain

fucking why

yeah it's bullshit

This is a reason I was chill with Frankie Sinatra

it's okay. Something about the percussion sounds too good of any of you know what I mean. It doesn't sound sampled. It doesn't fit in with the rest of the track.

he's making an O with his and and yelling "Oooooo!!!"

Damn the drummer's really funky for being 12

this literally sounds like some generic shit that would play at a starbucks

WHEN THE FUCK IS THIS ALBUM GONNA LEAK GOD FUCKING DAMN

So many rose tinted glasses who glorified a decent album to heights that could never be matched or even approached by a follow up.

what are your favorite bands and ill make fun of them for you.

At least your name fits.

I think you have a misunderstanding of the phrase "rose tinted glasses"

it's "rose COLORED glasses"

I've heard both, as well as rose colored spectacles

your trip checks out

I like it.

Ugh you were all jerking off to this a week ago stfu it's great

SILY is a solid 8/10 and going off these two latest tracks this probably will be as well.

u suck

anyone got a download for this and colours?

not gonna lie i love this meme xD

Literally right after Subways, you can hear it when it transitions to a Bee Gees like voice recording.

For anyone without the Primavera set: mega.nz/#!jw4BGaqK!KLVA_T_qEujiVGcx7Xl2ObR0d56eS-pii2tV2Gu75e0

this. The track is mostly good but you can't just ignore that annoying voice

First of all, the track is a nice dance tune with a few different samples going on. The way it leads into Going Home is also awesome, very SILY/Stay Another Season like. Stop bitching

Secondly, this album is full of music they have been working on for the past 15 years. Evidence of that exists in the sample they used on the Zap! preview. It's stuff that you can here way back on their Halos and Heartstrings mix.

We haven't seen songwriting credits yet, but I guarantee you will see "Seltmann" on plenty of the tracks. Just because he left in 2012 doesn't mean the stuff they made for Wildflower before then isn't his work too.

Wildflower will still have Darren on it. Subways, Going Home, Because I'm Me and If I Was a Folkstar and Sunshine are classic, sample-heavy Avalanches. 5 out of the 8 so far is pretty good