I've heard 8 of the songs so far

I've heard 8 of the songs so far

Can confirm this shit is mediocre af

Disappointing. Why did they decide to ruin their perfect discography with this? Was it all a money grab?

When did you first listen to SILY? And how frequently have you listened to it?

Please delete this nonsense.

>yfw when Wildflower drops Sup Forums will have more contrarian threads than when Painting With and AMSP were released, combined

kill me

I first heard SILY 5 years ago. I don't know the number of times. But I would I've listened to it a lotttttttttttttt

this is going to be hell on earth.
avant-teens and tripshits like montie have ruined the board

I sorta agree, though obviously I'm not gonna judge it too seriously considering that I haven't heard the whole thing and I'll probably like it a lot more in context.

SILY was super summery and airy yet all the songs had this subtle tension underneath the surface that propelled them forward. As good as songs like Folkstar and Subways are, I'm just missing that aspect - feels like easy listening to me. Don't wanna be a downer though.

which side do the contrarians fall under?

the one with the edgiest opinion

Painting With: "le fanboy and chum chum music"
Radiohead: "le coldplay clone xD"
Avalanches: "Electroswing lelelel"

in other words, they try to reduce it to memes, because they have no better argument against the music itself

This relates to most boards regardless of the topic sadly.

I find that all 8 are enjoyable and tie into each other really well. It might not be SILY level but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love it.

idk a part of me kinda agrees desu, maybe theyll grow on me. SILY is still hard for them to top.

Where have you listened to them...? afaict they have only released 3 singles

desu I was more excited for everything after Subways after listening to the Amazon.fr samples. Everything up until Going Home sounds a little phoned-in.

Going Home, If I Was A Folk Star, and Colours are fucking GOAT. And even then, I'm more excited for shit like
>Noisy Eater
>Harmony
>Live A Lifetime Love
>Kalaidescopic Lovers
>Saturday Night Inside Out

In the interview they mention how the album really takes a turn around If I Was A Folkstar and you can really hear it based off of the Amazon.fr samples. It really sounds like it's own thing in the last 2 thirds.

I know OP is a shitpost, but if you have the same thinking of him. As in, hearing the first 7 out of 20 songs of an Avalanches record and coming to a conclusion based off that, you are a dumbass. I think I'm just gonna leave the boards when the album leaks to avoid memes and retarded teenagers.

I fucking cannot wait to hear everything after as well. That sample of the title track is the most beautiful thing i have ever heard.

Even if it doesn't live up to the 16 year wait or SILY I'm just glad we get hear even more material after Wildflower like they said in the interview

You've got the right way of thinking, user.

They also said they're gonna release everything between SILY and Wildflower to clean the pallet too, so I'me fucking stoked as well.