Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T5xcnjAG8pE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZwSSsld_YnY
youtube.com/watch?v=o3SqUUoJjW8
youtube.com/watch?v=hBzjxg960s8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She's cute

Yer Led Anal

She'd be halfway decent if she cut her song lengths in half.

She's okay.

i cant stand her botched plastic surgery

she's a decent singer, dogshit songwriter

One of the best artists of this generation.

I actually thought Ultraviolence was ok due to Dan Aurebach's production

i think her music, her style and her voice is very unique, really one of the best female singers of this decade.

Absolute trash who only has a career because of daddies money and music industry connections.

>due to Dan Aurebach's production
interesting I hadnt considered this but it was my 2nd favorite of the year

can we agree this is her best song?

youtube.com/watch?v=T5xcnjAG8pE

The literal only thing I've ever heard by her was her rendition of "Blue Velvet" in an homage to the David Lynch movie.

I thought it was quite commendable.

The lyrics might my favorite because some of them so ridiculous and over the top

I think the over-the-top-ness of her lyrics is my favorite things about her music. My favorite Lana songs are the ones where she essentially wanks herself off, like National Anthem and Brooklyn Baby.

I think she works better with Emilie desu.

(I'd also like to day I'm so thankful Lana is an artist we can talk about on this site without full wiafu autism)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZwSSsld_YnY

bump

Someone posted a whole bunch of codes from Honeymoon album cover about Glen Frey but I didnt save them

I just know that she sings ground control to major tom and on the album cover there's a very dark blue star in the name star line

i'm pretty sure she's somehow responsible for killing lou reed and bowie

Discount Julia Holter. Just listen to have you in my wilderness

Yeah, Lana needs to work with Emilie Haynie again because more recent stuff has not been good.

I mean it's not bad it's just more power balld-y and lacking in that character kinda

I still remember watching Video Games in 2011 when it had less than a thousand views, Pitchfork had just made an article about it. She followed up with Blue Jeans which wasn't bad, then she released her album and everything went to shit.

this

really really like some of her songs, but a lot of her music sounds very similar and blends into a boring mush. Wish she would branch out and try different styles, less long stringy ballads

youtube.com/watch?v=o3SqUUoJjW8

yea man, I do like this. Ultraviolence was her best album so far, though I haven't listened to Honeymoon.

Alright I guess

>though I haven't listened to Honeymoon.
you're not missing much except maybe the supposed bowie and glen frey code messages

she's attractive in an odd way. Can't put my finger on it.

Dislike her music though, can barely stand listening to it.

what was your aoty 2014

yeah, I was just looking it up.
>The album is, stylistically, described as a departure from the rock-oriented music of Del Rey's previous album Ultraviolence and a return to the baroque pop of Born to Die and Paradise

I think I'll pass then. Shame, she was going in a good direction for a second there.

I've only heard about 7 albums from 2014. I guess my favorite would go to that Full of Hell collab with Merzbow

The new Marissa Nadler is what I wanted Honeymoon to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=hBzjxg960s8

yeah thats just slightly different

Do you like Gensho? Its kinda getting its hooks in me.

her music puts me to sleep

I've been holding off from listening to Boris. The impression I got from others is that it's pretty drony

Now this is some good stuff. Thanks for the rec user, think I'll check this album out.

Comfy music desu. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a guilty pleasure but i enjoy her voice and how she bounces from high to low... Almost sounds like two different singers

yeah The Boris is very drony shoegaze although they actually do have one or two non-melody/noise-type tracks. Vomitself is pretty sludgy with as I recall a Merzbow type track buried in the mix already. Its a pretty neat album especially with the different ways to hear it like on two completely separate systems you'll get all 4 channels instead of 2 channels from just opening 2 players.

my pleasure glad you like it

Ride is a choon

>be me
>listen to some of her songs
>"hey, this is kinda nice"
>wiki it up
>Catholic?
>fucking poser
>never listen again

the lyrics in brooklyn baby are really good. I love that song so much. Ultraviolence-era Lana was her at her peak, lyrically, vocally and in terms of her looks and imagery.
Auerbach's production on UV is amazing, he really made it a fantastic record.
Blue Velvet is incredible. good taste user
probably, i woulda loved to see her work with Lou though.

come on down to florida, ive got something for yaaaaa ;^)

>Holter
>Discount Lana
>Discount Joanna
>Discount any other female artist

Julia is good, but her music isn't comparable to Lana's. Not that one is better than the other, just their in two different spectrums.

This
What does this mean?

maybe she will save my life

shes bad but i appreicate music to watch boys to cause i wanna watch boys too bad the song is like 2 minutes too long & isnt exclusively abt boys her lyrics outside of portions of that song are awful & boring and make me fall asleep!!!

boring

Cowboy Junkies for plebs

"pleb"

indeed

She sucked a lot of dicks to get where she is. Good for her

She's cute ! CUTE !

p good music, cringe-inducing image

trash

>tfw you will never be a girl sucking cocks for job opportunities & increase ur standards of living

she can git it

> not realising she worked for her own career and plays a character thats a spoilt brat

how didnt you know this? people can write songs about things without being them

I'm in love with her

Ultraviolence > BTD >>> Honeymoon

cuck detected

She's from good stock. And she isn't a stupid brainwashed broad who thinks shillary is the shit and Trump is evil. She is second only to fräulein Taytay.

Ultraviolence is one of my top albums
It's fucking great

Ew no, BTD's production is not good

I like her on page 1.

>Born To Die - I really like it, some great tracks on there
>Ultraviolence - shit
>Honeymoon - snooze fest