youtube.com/watch?v=WVe-9VWIcCo&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W5hpnLIswbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ppKxlwaNsmc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bueno

Waaaaaaaat

What the

You know it's an ABBA cover... Right guys?!

nice

old news
soundtrack for high rise

Still, it's amazing and their first song since 2008. I never thought an ABBA song could sound so good when in trip hop.

Imagine a Portishead album this year, would be like the best year for decades

BETH

she knows who you are guys

= perfection

Beth Gibbons and the portisheads :o

brehs

centuries..

>Portishead have shared a cover of ABBA’s 1975 track ‘SOS’ as a dedication to murdered MP Jo Cox.

>The Bristol band shared a new video of their synth-laden version – which was originally recorded for Ben Wheatley’s High Rise film – with a quote from Cox: “We have far more in common than that which divides us.”

I wish they did that without any politics attached

Why do you wish that? This makes it even better.

How exactly it does?

Yeah, why address some psycho killing an innocent woman? Such an eye roller, amirite?

Yeah, let us jump on the bandwagon because we didn't do jack shit for the last eight years! This surely will get us in the media again!

Because it's not just a random ABBA cover now, but rather a well aimed cover.

adds some meaning

B - but I want to listen to Portishead while voting Trump ;'''(

Why?

because art is more than just aesthetics faggot

That's not true, the song was covered for the soundtrack to the movie High-Rise in October 2015, while Cox was still alive.

This cover was and I quote "originally recorded for Ben Wheatley’s High Rise film". How is it well aimed? They are adding the context straight out of their ass with this. I guess for media attention. Now I kinda wish they did that to imply a new release or something.

Yeah, because the lyrics doesn't have that already

It's not like they wouldn't have gotten attention if they had released something else after Third. They're well established and don't need to rely on bandwagoning to get attention. Is it that hard to believe that maybe they think a senseless murder is wrong? You're pathetic.

She's pointing at us...

it's not their own lyrics senpai

Nope. They've butchered it.

>this thread
This.

Yeah, it is wrong. However I still think it is a jump session. I'm being overflown with media information about that murder. Yeah, it is bad. Not because we respect something, possibly, in silence, not to raise media attention again. We all fucking know that - random acts of senseless violence is a BAD thing. How much should you get reminded of that? Adding context in this track is at the same level as Basinski hack. Shameless.

I know senpai ()

I often wonder why Portishead doesn't get more attention on Sup Forums.
It fulfills all requirements for being essential Sup Forums core.

this cover is literally a million times better than ABBA lol

Isn't "Dummy" sub Sup Forumscore though? Although it's a shame, true.

+1

Nope. Benny and Bjorn are some of the greatest writers/arrangers of the late 20th Century. The original is a pop masterpiece. With this Portishead have stripped out the chord structure and melodic interactions with it, in order to sound 'dark'. I fucking love Portishead, but this is a bad play.

>pop
>masterpiece

+1

Yes. I'm correct.

the point is, there's only so much Beth Gibbon's 'fraught/ dark' dreatment can get you without some musical invention. There isn't much in this. The result is less than the sum of its parts.

SOTY, as always.

Genre-dominating.
10000/10000

Third is GOAT, after that when they released Chase The Tear I was so happy thinking they would release a new album, and now the hype IS BACK

youtube.com/watch?v=W5hpnLIswbQ

3rd is an incredible record.

Portishead would have album of the year in the bag if they did something

as they did in 2008

I'd call it Conscious Industrial/Ambient record.

Nice it has a very A1 percussion the drummmer is always great and (funny on Twitter), ambience sounds like The Ship from Brian Eno.

Is more like an Pro-cause song, dedication, atleast the drummer was conscious these days associating himself with human rights actions and Bansky.

They have it on deck, atleast George, the drummer was keeping posting Studio footage at same time that hes on tour with KEAB> and his Invada Records artists fron Bristol.

Problably they gonna switch with the sound of previous, Third, something new.

I don't get Portishead that much. I mean, Beth Gibbons is fantastic, I love her voice and delivery and everything, but instrumental part always seems lacking - I know it's part of the trip hop genre to have a minimalistic, hip-hop-style instrumental part but that makes all songs sound weaker and like all the focus is put on Beth's voice, which is nice, but I don't get them as a group.

lush

damn

Try Third out if you haven't already, it's a very different album than what you are describing

>trip hop
I just love how miserable they made it sound...Portishead is barely trip hop these days tho m8

>I never thought an ABBA song could sound so good
ABBA is amazing you pleb!

>Third

my nigga that album is amazing

Which album should i listen?

>Which album should i listen?
prolly waterloo
>youtube.com/watch?v=ppKxlwaNsmc

Goddamn was that a waste of time.

>sound so good WHEN IN TRIP HOP

learn to read, moron

you should hear their version of Gimme Gimme

their instrumentals are not that weak really

I'd rather have old Portishead, please.

you are literally a million times retarded

thanks

HOLY SHIT

ES OU ES

>what is reading comprehension
Retard, they SHARED it in dedication to the murdered woman, nowhere does it say they made it on her memory.

I'm annoyed by the singing.
Does anyone know similar sounding music, but only instrumental?

kys

Just look at whatever Geoff Barrow has done

She's holding out her hand. Come with me, let's help each other, authentic empathy through the bullshit echo chamber of the internet and the corporate media etc. You can wew lad me all you want but that seems fairly obvious.