Is listening to music a hobby?

is listening to music a hobby?

Yes

It's a way of life

AHOY WORLD !!

Depends how committed you are to it.

For some people it's not a hobby, for some people it's just something put in the background to make driving/chores/travel more interesting. Or for some, just something to dance to in a club.

Most people on this board treat it like a hobby.

too busy working to pay rent and bills.
job market is so shit and rent is too damn high everywhere. ain't got time for much

makes it worse when you date somebody who happens to be in a higher social status than you.

how does it make it worse? you could probably mooch off of them if youre willing to just accept their hobbies as your own

I agree

Yeah don't even feel bad about it. Mooch humbly yet freely.

Millennials still live at home.

yeah doing the honeymoon phase that works.
But long term it becomes an issue when you start arguing
trust me I've been there. it's awkward af being at her parents yacht party and you're poorer than the banquet servers.

it's fun while it last not gonna lie. it's how I scored some free vinyl

What? Why?

>endless lifetimeĀ“s worth entertainment behind a screen
>w-why they dont kick balls in the yard and get bored anymroe?
wew lad

I thought they were all under 18?

Gen Y were 2000s teens
Gen X were 1990s teens

stop whining faggot wtf? keep fucking dat pussy until you make a kid and youre set for life living the high life.

i cant even afford 2 meals a day fuck you retard. there are people like me who will rob idiots like you srsly stop whining lol.

Millennials are gen Y m8

>can't afford eggs, bagels, tofu (3 meals)
That's like 3$ a day for 3 meals you broke bitch lol

im a millenial? i dont want to be a millenial :/

I write haikus

This

AHOY WORLD !!

i'm a millennial and i'm a drawfag
i guess all these electronic gadgets being mainly created for production rather than consumption have made an effect on millenials who knows

though is one has a real drive to create things like that wouldn't stop him

thats like enough for 1 meal, retard. i dont want to look like auschwitz like i already do here.

No, millennials are basically anyone under 18 at the turn of the century, so born 1982 or so through 2000 (though obviously generations are never this rigidly defined). The kids born post-2000 don't have a name yet.

Also Gen-X is more like anyone born ~1964 to ~1982. Generations are more like every 18-20 years, not every 10. Otherwise by your thinking, Boomers would "80's teens" which wouldn't make much sense because the baby-boom aka when Boomers were born was immediately after World War II.

AHOY WORLD !!

Why 2000 specifically?

>Gen X were 1990s teens
80s, m8.

They're called Boomlets

>millenials

The word millennial is just a marketing term invented by advertising agencies.
But now baby boomers who destroyed the world with endless war, globalism, and crashing the economy and neo liberalism use it as a pejorative cause why are these wacky young people using their phones all the time hyuck

>everything wrong with the world is because of the boomers

wha a simpleton, life is more complicated than that btw

It's just an easy marker that fit perfectly with the timelines of the previous generations. It was conveniently 18-20 years after when Gen-X started. Like I said generations are never THAT rigid, I'm sure some kids born in 2001 or 2002 would be considered more "Millennial" just like a lot of '82 and '83 people identify more with "Gen-X."

>neo liberalism
Please don't remind me that exists.

Reminder that the greatest generation was way more shit than the boomers.

t. boomer

I mean, you understand that naming generations has been a convention for some time now, right? It's not something that was invented a few years ago by some advertisers and thinkpiece writers. You've been called something, either gen-y or millennial, since before you were born.

I've heard Millenials mean such a large amount of things. I've seen someone born in 1991 called a millennial.

the only actual generational name recognized by the government are the boomers, like i said, millennial is a marketing term, so is gen x.
Its a catch all term to lump you and me in together with people who watch keeping up with the kardashians or like one direction while actually we listen to deathgrips

>Boomlets
Yeah that's an old-ass term that won't stick.

Someone born 1991 is a millennial. Like I said before, it's anyone pre-adulthood by the turn of the century.

>catch all term to lump you and me in together
Yeah same with boomers, the greatest generation, the silent generation... were those invented by ad agencies too? lmao

AHOY WORLD !!

AHOY WORLD

mankind is over

We're called Generation Z I think. We're spoken very highly of but all I've seen us accomplish are shitty memes and shit, kind of annoying.

>We're called Generation Z
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

also
>We're spoken very highly of but all I've seen us accomplish are shitty memes and shit, kind of annoying.
this is exactly what an underage poster would sound like. mods, time to do your job

I'm 18, chill, born in 98

Born in 1991 here. Me and my friends slightly older than me have absolutely nothing in common with people born after 1994. The consumer electronics and app revolution has seriously split the millenials down the middle in terms of how we were socialized growing up, some millenials don't even remember 9/11. I remember growing up as a kid without a computer, so do many of my friends. I honestly have more in common with people I know in their 30's and early 40's than people who are now in the 18-21 bracket. Love bantering with the Gen X'ers about Loveless and Daydream Nation, it's like shitposting on Sup Forums in real life.

y'know some generation classifications have me being gen Z

>get banned for pretending to be underage
>actual underages roam free

thanks you fucking hotpockets

I was born in 98, I'm 18, pretty sure that's allowed here right?

AHOY WORLD !!

millenial as a generation is a dumb classification. You have kids born pre-internet and post-internet.

>expecting anyone to believe you

I don't really give a fuck, just explaining myself

Pretty sure most memes generation Z latches onto were actually created by millenials, or appropriated and dumbed down from actually decent stuff by previous generations.

P-please believe me Sup Forums friends! I'm an adult I promise!

AHOY WORLD !!

>I don't really give a fuck
>Clearly gives a fuck
Happy 15th birthday, sonny!

stop, Im not that kid, but you are behaving more underrage than him you fucking teen.

Generation Z is a lame as fuck name. Gen Y only works in relation to Gen X, coined by based Douglas Coupland, which actually has a meaning, suggesting the nihilism of a generation lacking in any important cultural events

>"We're spoken very highly of"
KEK

Well, people born after 1994 only comprise 6 or so years of millennials, so I'd say there are more people in the group like you than not.

The biggest factor that we all have in common is that we all had the internet pre-adulthood. Obviously there's a ton different between a person born in 1985 vs. 1995, but that's that's a hugely defining thing that's unique to us compared to the previous generations, especially seeing how heavily it's affected how we communicate.

But I get what you're saying, the characterization of emoji-loving millennials that blogs are always rambling about is a very specific young sliver of the generation.

It'll just be a placeholder like Generation Y was.

>Born in 1991 here. Me and my friends slightly older than me have absolutely nothing in common with people born after 1994.
You're way too short-sighted to make a proper judgment of this.
>The consumer electronics and app revolution has seriously split the millenials down the middle in terms of how we were socialized growing up
Your age group is literally the prime market for this as they are old enough to make their own money to buy expensive technology and young enough to understand how it works.
>I remember growing up as a kid without a computer, so do many of my friends.
Home computers were a common thing before you were even born. Not to mention being baby fed television and video games.
> I honestly have more in common with people I know in their 30's and early 40's than people who are now in the 18-21 bracket.
This is some serious le wrong generation going on.
>Love bantering with the Gen X'ers about Loveless and Daydream Nation, it's like shitposting on Sup Forums in real life.
You're just as likely to find gen Xers who know those albums as millenials, they're not obscure.

fine, WebGen, NetGen, whatevet.

there is no next generation
what another person your age does has no effect on what you do

you can't define this current generation because everybody is so diverse in what they like
whats considered popular on here. can be completely unknown to another person who actively uses facebook,twitter

People born in 1991 are millennials

>this generation is charecterized by their diversity
wow that was hard.

I have plenty of hobbies. I like fancy handwriting and collect fountain pens, I own a record collection (which LOTS of millennial do), and am seriously into certain videogames (which again, ditto for lots of millennials). What the fuck constitutes a "hobby" anyways?

stop trying to label us faggot

did you forget to mention your fedora collection?

>fountain pens are fedora

no offense, but he's not wrong

Ahoy world

Fountain pens are actually pretty functional. You don't have to press anywhere near as hard to get the ink to flow, so it's much better for longer writing sessions. It's more comfortable than typing for me, and handwriting actually helps with recollection so it's good for notes

They're only children, adults love their kids.

AHOY WORLD !!

>you can't define this current generation because everybody is so diverse in what they like
Are you for fucking real, nigger? People are just as homogenized as ever, possibly even more so now than ever.

I hate tripcode users, but you're not wrong. They're expensive, but the writing comfort and utility more than make up for it. Personally I'm on the cheap side of things (twsbi). What pens you got senpai?

nope we are more diverse now than ever. Sorry not sorry you can't think for yourself

yes, but that doesn't change the fact that they fit the fedora stereotype pretty well, similarly to steampunk
nothing wrong with it, it just undeniably fits that

thanks to the internet, everyone's weirdly specific interests and/or worldviews can have a community that nurtures it. People are way more different than just 15-20 years ago

>normie culture and social pressure to conform still at large with any outcast just finding themselves in a semi-sized homogenized subculture
You're not a unique individual for going to Sup Forums and meming Deaf Grapes.