Should musicians get involved in politics?

Should musicians get involved in politics?

Are there any pro brexit musicians?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e_0jM6V28T8
youtube.com/watch?v=WgU8KbohpdI
youtube.com/watch?v=O1cTiqXWKII&ab_channel=thinglostinfire
twitter.com/StrongerIn/status/740587977844232192
twitter.com/richardbranson/status/745260026483318784
youtube.com/watch?v=Jybpepm0DQs&ab_channel=thinglostinfire
youtube.com/watch?v=UZRmcxKl_oI
youtube.com/watch?v=J5SQbFkiTf0
twitter.com/Lido/status/745600845690118148
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

all the time, cause they're influencers, atleast the smartest of them

But they're not really an authority on these matters..... my barber probably knows as much about politics as a musician and I wouldn't listen to him...

>pro brexit musicians?
Varg is love, varg is life

doesn't matter this whole brexit is just a scam. THE EU already owns britain
just giving people false hope they have "freedom"

>neo-liberal

why do dumb lefties love using this buzzword so much

Musicians tend to be retarded in every other aspect of their lives aside from music, and if they're not, they tend to make shitty music.

So no.

> joined antifa in my youth because of rage against the machine

What was I thinking

Musicians generally aren't more informed or knowledgeable then your average laymen, so it's best that most of them stay out of it.

>musicians aren't politicians so they should be aloud to talk about politics
Nice logic!

What are the benefits (if any) of Bongistan staying in the EJew?

It separates white privileged pretentious liberals from us non white libs

*shouldn't
I'm fucking stupid and can't spell

youtube.com/watch?v=e_0jM6V28T8

>people who arent anymore informed than your average person should use their celebrity to push agendas

cars from germany are 5 percent cheaper
romanian and bulgarian savages are seen as equal to first world europeans and are allowed to come to our country as the please

But should you listen to them?

Then your barber is no good and I advise you to seek a new one

In the short term, staying would be more comfortable since it would mean no economic shake up. That shouldn't really matter though since the long term benefits of leaving the EU outweigh the short term benefits.

Brexit needs to happen if only to prevent the influx of Turks and Slavshits.

It's a real political movement that has dominated western politics since the 1980's. It's what baby boomers approved of en-mass and rammed down everyone else's throats with their voting numbers.

If you're looking for a definition, it's basically a corrupted centrist compromise of economic and foreign policy.

Neo-liberals (and neo-conservatives -- who are more or less the same) are in favour of social safety nets and the welfare state, but see free markets and globalization as the best way to pay for those things. On some level they also believe in trickle-down economics.

They value western ideals of human rights and democracy -- but see aggressive foreign policy and intervention, regime change, and globalization as the best way to export those values to the world.

The trick is that for decades they've been mis-calculating and commiting paradoxes. They'll crush people's rights in order to 'free them'.

They'll give deregulation and low taxation to the corporations so that the corporations will perform well and bring in money (to provide services and assistance to the people on the bottom) -- except they miss the part where corporate exploitation has made the people are worse off and now they need even more services and assistance.

I don't have to listen to them. but why should I listen to anyone else with an opinion on politics that isn't a politician. Should I listen to you, care about your views when you push them?

I'm sure your views are so much more informed than them.

>shits on neo-liberalism
>thinks the UK should stay in the EU
Why can't leftists see that staying in the EU is pure neo-liberalism at its worst?

oh god no
gypsies in my britain
no way

this, what the fuck is brian eno talking about?

No one unironically supports Bremain here right?

I think it's pretty safe to say that most of Sup Forums is for Brexit.

I support it unironically but ironically.

Well he doesn't say just 'neoliberalism'. He says 'neo liberal market fundamentalism'

Which I guess emphasizes the more oligarchic trickle-down aspects, which are especially callous to anyone who isn't a 1%er.

The EU *does* have a strong history of neo-liberal policies, but it also knows when regulation is required.

You might call it neo-liberalism done right. (or at least better than what the British oligarchs would have given the chance)

I don't understand.

>I'm sure your views are so much more informed than them.

They're not, which is why if I had some kind of celebrity I wouldn't try and push my opinions upon my audience as if they really give a shit.

Not that anyone should be turning to Sup Forums for political guidance.

I happen think Britain should remain, but I'm Canadian and don't volunteer my opinion on other people's business unless prompted.

I know there are some very active shitposter who want brexit however, and that can skew the perception.

Based Varg

youtube.com/watch?v=WgU8KbohpdI

Morrissey maybe he hasn't said anything about it but judging previous statements i imagine he's for it

"England for the English"

youtube.com/watch?v=O1cTiqXWKII&ab_channel=thinglostinfire

>rich people
>against globalism

the only rich guy against globalism is donald trump

THANK YOU.

What the fuck is Eno talking about?

Look at this shit.

twitter.com/StrongerIn/status/740587977844232192

>IMPLYING BRITAIN WILL LEAVE EU
Whats next? Donald Trump being elected, or being elected and not being killed after he is elected?

morrissey is lowkey a nationalist
smiths fans are all mega lefties tho

>THANK YOU.
What? This is common sense to anyone that really want to learn about the world we live in.

Just a reminder that if you faggots vote leave, Richard Branson loses money. A bloody shit ton of money, you fucking peasants.

twitter.com/richardbranson/status/745260026483318784

That honestly just sounds like what conservatives have been like since the mid 1800s imperial colonization party.

>should musicians gets involved in politics

There's no "should" or "shouldn't" to it. Musicians are human; humans like to sound off about politics. It's annoying when people post political opinions you disagree with. Really all there is to it. It's unfair to ask someone to be publicly apolitical just because they're famous. Politics is fun.

>Brexit

I am American and have no opinion on this. Our President wants you guys to vote stay, so I assume you leaving might destabilize the global economy or something. Then again, Greece can't get their shit together so idunno.

>Any pro Brexit musicians
EVERY BRITISH MUSICIAN IN MY FACEBBOK NEWSFEED HAS PUT SOMETHING OUT ABOUT VOTING STAY

He also said he was going to vote UKIP once and that he likes Nigel

"We sadly know
That we are the last truly British people you'll ever know"

youtube.com/watch?v=Jybpepm0DQs&ab_channel=thinglostinfire

Holy fuck you sound insufferable.

nah you'd be surprised what people can put up with

I wish Devo were still young and in their prime. They lost their edge when they got older.
youtube.com/watch?v=UZRmcxKl_oI
youtube.com/watch?v=J5SQbFkiTf0

I always thought that political music was a soundtrack for believers, not something to convert the opposition. It wasn't like the Vietnam war ended because some people heard some protest songs and felt guilty about the whole thing. I doubt RAtM turned very many people into anarcho-capitalists who weren't somewhat sympathetic in the first place. Just like how most people who listen to Reggae or Gospel don't suddenly decide to become rastafarians or baptists.

this vote affects them considerably though
touring, shipping, their income & travel is going to get fucked if uk votes to leave

whether you agree with them or not they have a right to state their position on something that affects their livelihood

>But they're not really an authority on these matters
People don't listen to experts. People listen to public figures. Famous musicians use this to their advantage.

Who cares? Would you care if a politician expressed their feelings about a new album? It doesn't really matter.

Don't believe anyone who says neoliberalism in an unironic way.

t. /leftypoo/

The odds are about the same (except for the shooting thing)

Brexit needs to happen

I think that the most convincing pro-Brexit argument is the fact that George Soros is againt it

put a trigger warning on that evil piece of shit's picture

there's a picture on his son's instagram where he has PRESIDENT OBAMA in his living room talking to him. he's that connected.

twitter.com/Lido/status/745600845690118148

varg is the fucking man

why would you listen to a musician's political advice lmao

Some people take it one step even further and take it from actors, next thing you know people will start listening to prostitutes and thai masseuses for their opinions

in all fairness, a lot of prostitutes and massage girls probably fuck politicians, who I'm sure feel at ease disclosing things because "she's just a ho" so they probably have more insight than musicians or actors who tend to live in insular echo chambers that become less diverse in opionion the more famous they get.

It was a joke, Justinian I's wife was literally all of those things (well, not thai most likely)