Is it worth it, Sup Forums?

Is it worth it, Sup Forums?
It's pretty cheap for students...

>tfw phone has no more space for more music

It's probably a better deal to just get one of those sandisk mp3 players, that third party os thing, and an 150Gb microsd if you really want all your music with you but spotify is pretty convenient if you can get the student deal

Yeah, I was going to either do Spotify (student discount) or get a 128GB microSD for my phone.

Not sure which to pick.

You will miss out on some albums you like with spotify but it takes a lot of time to mirrors for all the albums you want to get on your microSD. If you have enough time i would say the microSD but if you want convenience just go for spotify.

yeah it's definitely worth it. I don't even have the student discount

just get your phone, jailbreak it, get flex and mod it and bam now you don't have to pay like a good goy

It's pretty great honestly. Especially if you have a long commute. Still, you should buy merch and albums to support acts you like. They don't make much from Spotify.

Yeah, this is where my uncertainty is.
I know for sure that Spotify will be super convenient (I've used my sister's account in the past, and really got used to it), but there are a handful of albums that aren't on Spotify that would be a nuisance to close the app and open them separately. It's just unnecessary work, but $5 for convenience is fucking cheap.

google play is better

If you own an iPhone, Apple Music

Nope, Android.
What I've normally done up until now is just keep music on my phone and use Google Play as my player app, but seeing that my phone is getting while full as a result has me thinking to just opt for Spotify.

I guess expanding my phone's storage with a microSD would be a good investment given that I wouldn't be using my data plan when I'm on the go and I'd have full control over what music I store, particularly shit that isn't on Spotify too.

Play Unlimited/Apple Music are better than Spotify

>Play Unlimited
I'm guessing this is a service from Google Play?
I guess advertising helps all of these services, so maybe Unlimited is underrated?
What makes it so much better? Price? .. ?

I can't speak for "Play Unlimited" ( as I don't wanna pay), but Google Music lets you upload all your songs onto the service so you can stream them whenever you want. You only get a limited amount for the free version...but that limit is so massive, I doubt you'll ever hit it

Huh...I've never heard of this despite being on Android.
I'll look into this before deciding on something. Thanks, user.

for me the major reason i'm not using Spotify is that there's no data plan here (italy) with unlimited spotify streaming

i like spotify a lot

There was a time when just mentioning using Spotify/ streaming services on Sup Forums would get you sagebombed, unfortunate that such things have changed.

no discount tho

I'd love it even more if they bothered to fix the lyrics thing.

you can do this on spotify too?

>not having control over your collection

>needing an internet connection to listen

>paying for sounds

>not complementing the Spotify library with local files
>not using offline playlists for the music you know you most likely want to listen to
>not sacrificing some data here and there if you feel like listening to something outside of the offline playlists while out
>not not paying for sounds

I jusy signed up for spotify earlier this month and i have this problem on android where it stops playing every couple songs. any suggestions on how to fix?

You can get music you already have on your phone or PC playing through Spotify

>>tfw phone has no more space for more music
>buying an iPhone

Why would you buy a phone that you can't expand the storage of?

Anyway listen to and stop paying corporations to limit your options.

>has an android
>didn't even consider getting a micro SD card before paying for Spotify

Holy shit use your brain.

I don't get it either.

>having money on Sup Forums

I never said that I couldn't upgrade the space, I just haven't. Trying to choose between upgrading with a micro SD or going with Spotify. I can grab a 128gb card for 40 bucks vs paying 5 bucks a month for Spotify with my student discount.

>tfw I live in a third world country
>apple music (and spotify) costs 4 dollars

Dude you can get a hacked app for premium for free

>tfw you live in a third world country

i can't use it (not for the price) but for the way of payment, i don't have credit cards (and i don't want to)

I didn't think you could do that with Spotify. Care to explain?

just get a microSD.. who the fuck wants to need an internet connection for music? its very easy to sync your music onto one.

You actually can get your stuff on Spotify - not in the My Music section, just into playlists. It syncs to the phone too and you can have it all in one app. I have a playlist folder just for the albums not on Spotify and it's ok I guess. Still wish they let you import your music into the personal library though.

You'll be paying more and getting less in the long run if you pay for Spotify. Get a microSD, don't be a corporate drone.

Plus you can still look up videos on YT for free if you're really desperate to hear a song on your phone that you don't have.

play.spotify + adblock

Fucking normies

why would you want to have spotify when exists netease music, is free and has a bigger collection

Yeah...I'm realizing that this is the best idea.

Never heard.

>he doesn't use syncthing to automatically sync all of his music files between devices

I've chosen to go with upgrading the space on my phone. I placed an order today for a 128gb card.

Maintaining a synced library between devices sounds like a great idea, but something about having to be 'online' to listen to my music bothers me at the same time.

If spotify is acceptable for you quality-wise, you must not have good headphones. Encode all your music in 64kbps Opus.

you sync the files when online, no cables required but all of the files are there when you are offline.