Present your musical criticisms for this album and I will refute/debate them

Present your musical criticisms for this album and I will refute/debate them.

Go ahead.

who doesnt like this album? lol.

It's about Anne Frank and her story is made up

Ok, just saying I love this album it's amazing. But one problem is that it is mainly acoustics. This wouldn't be a problem for some, but what about those who aren't mainly into acoustics? How would they like the album?

>but what about those who aren't mainly into acoustics? How would they like the album?
I did, his voice is fucking awesome,the use of other instruments was fucking awesome and each song on this album is a 10/10.

I don't enjoy it.

kind of a shitty rebuttal there, bud. maybe this thread wasn't a good idea for you.

how is this refuting it

ik FUCK!

Jeff's voice isn't particularly strong

he cant sing

Completely irredeemable garbage. Lo-fi chic, self-mythologizing drivel six years too late, celebrated by people who were late to the table and wanted to pretend they'd found their own Sebadoh, GBV, etc. The Candlebox of indie rock.

>but what about those who aren't mainly into acoustics?

This is honestly where 'criticism' breaks down. Not liking acoustic instrumentation isn't a criticism, it's a personal opinion, and effectively impossible to debate because it's entirely based in their preferences. In addition, it's not a criticism of the album itself, it's an issue lobbied at acoustic instrumentation in general.

I could try to argue that the acoustic instrumentation adds to the warmth, deceptive simplicity, and personal nature of the album, but these are subjective statements, and not arguing the merits of the music.

Literally the only thing I can do at that point, is tell them to fuck off and listen to On Avery Island since it has more electric guitar and organ.

>Lo-fi chic
Incorrect
>self-mythologizing
Inaccurate
>six years too late
Irrelevant
>celebrated by people who were late to the table and wanted to pretend they'd found their own Sebadoh, GBV, etc. The Candlebox of indie rock.
And incorrect again

no criticisms, it is a legitimately 10/10

It is loved mostly by young, middle-class white guys, who have boring taste in music, but get a disproportionately loud voice in music criticism due to their various privileges.

This is also why Radiohead is so highly acclaimed.

kek

not enough saw

unironically kill yourself

why can't Sup Forums be more like this guy

Beautiful.

Except King of Carrot Flowers pt 1, 2 and 3 exists.

b8

(You)

Present your musical praise for this album and I will refute/debate it

Are you underage? you know you have to be 18 to be on here.

>I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST

Then I laugh. Then I just think about that part and I can't take the album seriously whatsoever.

ummmmmmmm? i could never get into tkofc pts 2 &3 either but part 1 is one of the best songs on the album, and a fantastic opener at that

also it's so refreshing to see a thread that legitimately discusses/appreciates this album instead of memers and contrarians

these are both obviously bait, but attacking the people that like an album is invalid and irrelevant to the actual music

What a great post. And as someone who doesn't care for Folk Rock and folk in general, who doesn't like IAOTS, I have never bothered to listen to On Avery Island. Will do now...

>I can't take people who love jesus christ seriously.

*tips fedora

It's not the lyrics, it's the voice.

>This is also why Radiohead is so highly acclaimed.
the only accurate part of this post

(TĂș)

It ends.

Thanks for reminding me.. :(

This guy's right ya know

It's a very genuine release. It's taking some really happy-sounding songs and singing most of them really loudly. It feels sincere and honest though there's still the side of the music that is the simplistic writing. Sometimes it's effective, but sometimes it feels juvenile.

For me this album sounded like shit because I didn't get it. Then I got it and it was 9/10, then it wore off and now it's 7.5/10. It feels good most of the time but can get on my nerves if I'm not in the mood for it.

It is technically impressive but I don't like any of it

>strum four chords, chicka chicka strum four chords strum four chords chicka chicka strum four chords
Every song

But that's not true.