mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

thomann.de/gb/gretsch_g2655t_blk_streamliner.htm
clyp.it/zschuhkf
santabarbara.craigslist.org/msg/5650033014.html
youtube.com/watch?v=n2p5j3EajWI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would you buy this as your 1st electric guitar (with amp) for $485 ?

Whoops, forgot to post the guitar

what kind of amp?

>$485
That's not bad if it's a decent amp and you don't need to put a lot of work into the guitar.

To answer your question about authenticity from the last thread ();
So long as the serial number isn't lower than 93 (as in MN93#####), it's probably legit. It's not as if MIM Fenders are particularly rare or expensive.

I'd like a new Jazz box, I want a 24.75" scale

I hoped to stay with washburn, maybe an old model but I can't find an ES-175 equivalent

maybe and Ibanez Art Core?

what would /gg recommend?

oh btw I don't buy Gibson or Fender on principle

fuck gibson
u
c
k

g
i
b
s
o
n

what a better buy for a first guitar, not worried about price, squier affinity strat or pacifica pac012? thinking about learning to play and just want a solid beginners guitar to practice with. if both of these are dogshit, I wouldn't know so feel free to recommend a different one. thanks

Looks like it has a roland pickup, I wonder if it's routed for a 13 pin connector....

Looks legit, could be a good deal if you're into synth guitar at all.

So I'm using two overdrive pedals and a disortion pedal to get the tone I want on my spider4 15w. A fulltone gt-500, a tube screamer, and an mxr fullbore. The thing is that I get a furious loud screech when I'm not strumming anything. That happened before I fot my fullbore mxr. Someone told me there was a pedal that would help with this, compressor or something? What should I keep in mind in terms of this after I get a new amp like a peavey or a tube screamer?

Price range?

Burny and Eastman make nice ES175 copies.

$650??

$400 second hand?

it's called a noise gate

Spend the extra money for a mexi fender

any you think I could expect to find around $45-$60 used? I don't want to get a lower cost behringer because I had a phaser by them and it was overall just not good, added unwanted fuzz distortion and whatnot.

Go for a Squier Standard Stratocaster or an older Fender MIM (Made In Mexico) Stratocaster.
Anything below that, like the Affinity, "Strat" or Bullet are cheap garbage and aren't worth the money.

Both are a little past your price range. You can get the Eastman Ar371 for around$ 650 second hand if you're patient, which is what I would get.

Otherwise the AFJ95 ibanez is nice too. Washburn has some cool L5 copies but those are 25.5" I think.

artcore or eastman

the yamaha (For exmp) 611 is as good as a fender?

Look at eBay for boss noise gates
But with that many dirt pedals there's always going to be some loud hissing

Behringer is trash, just get a used NS2

>Eastman Ar371
that is really beautiful

maybe sell some things and hold out for one

apart from how do you set the intonation?

Haters gonna hate

Loosen strings, move bridge.

What is there to hate? except the volume being too close as usual to bridge pup.

Dubs confirm shiny and chrome

Yeah they sound better than most 175 copies, really nice acoustic sound because they're lightly built.

Strats with humbuckers or god forbid EMGs are eternally hated here

thats sexy man

EMGs have their place, high output with 0 tone-character. It's perfect for modern metal.
Imagine taking a ACDC tone and adding gain until it was "metal", it would sound awful.

No they're not.

Looks good.
Always had a thing for black Strats with chrome pickguards. I blame Tom Morello.
I'd kinda prefer the regular knobs on that though. I'm still not sure.
>EMGs
I feel that Seymour Duncan has better actives nowadays, lots of players have made the switch to SDs, passives or Laces.

hey /gg/

what's your opinion on Gretsch and on this model in particular?

thomann.de/gb/gretsch_g2655t_blk_streamliner.htm

You are going to to want to look into a noise suppressor or noise gate. The mxr fullbore pedal should have a noise gate built in.

sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't, I think the two drive pedals really kick it. I did get the fullbore used and aside from the noise get part everything else is working how I wanted it to.

Lace pickups have the highest noise out of them all bruh

yamaha is better. Not dogshit, either.

Never tried tbqh, Alumitones too?

Dunno bout alumitones

Would you pay around 200 usd / 180 eur for a Space Echo? I obviously mean the pedal, Boss RE-20.
New it's like 70 more, guy says it's was used like 3 times (looks new indeed, complete with box, papers, plastics).

I've wanted one but it seems they are always overpriced and haven't found any at a good price on sale lately, sadly.

the only thing that matters is your opinion, if you want it enough to spend the extra bucks then go for it

Sounds like a deal man

Really need to pick up playing guitar again, been lazy these past 2-3 years

thanks.

If you can score a baby taylor for around $300, that's a solid crisp acoustic that will hold you over beginning to end. My father gave me his big baby taylor he never played when I started learning seven years ago and the sound I hear from it encouraged me to play more, out of my five guitars, she's the one who makes me want to sniff my hands when I'm done playing her.

NOW if you think $300 is a bit much, I can recommend the washburn rover for around $150ish, she's small, warm, and comes with the perfect compact case for bringing her around and not worrying about something smashing it or anything, she might be small but she's a good guitar overall and has a large sound.

If you want to be 14 again then there's any ibanez starter electric, their starters compare far better than gibson or fenders electric starters. Them not being acoustic or hollow bodies means you can take it with you and practice anywhere without it being so loud for the local inbred oogles to give a damn and spit on you . A $15 honeytone pocket amp is great for on the go and plugging headphones into with these.

I know what you mean, after my last band broke up in the winter I quit playing but recently got back into it by challenging myself to learn something I thought was beyond me. I surprised myself and it genuinely got me back into playing.

Is that a 52 reissue? The stickers are going to fuck up the nitro finish!

Nah, its a Baja

Rate my blooze tone

clyp.it/zschuhkf

7/10. Did you record it through your anus?

Is the recording quality really that bad? lmao I thought for once it actually captured the sound of guitar accurately

Way too much buzz for am acoustic but good playing, nice fingerpicking

anyone has this guy?
thinking of getting one for a thick stoner doom sound

thanks, the buzzing is probably my fault. It's a small parlor guitar and the spacing is really tight , kind of hard not to get any buzz.

Tom morello sucks.

i've been interested in buying one for a while but i'm broke. by far most versatile fuzz i know of

was using 009 nickel round strings on my tele and thought they are a little soft loose for me
is pure nickel ones a little harder,how about half round ones?

>using 9's

>using strings

hey there, because my house has no grounding, it makes any amp unplayable due to noise. i have to use battery powered amps instead.
can you reccommend me a decent acoustic guitar amp with rechargable batteries?
i'm currently considering the Yamaha THR5AH, even though it uses 8 AA batteries, which sounds like a pain in the ass to replace, but whatever.

Why don't you buy a converter plug with a ground?

you're just adding more pedals to get a sound that should come from an amp.

you're going to be using FOUR pedals to get a basic driven amp sound because your amp is so bad.

sell all that shit and buy an amp that sounds better.

the ground in the converter plug needs to be connected to the ground that my house doesn't have.

What would you guys say is a good method to straighten a neck prior to leveling it without a slotted straightedge?

Hi /gg/,

What material/putty should I use to repair this chip on the right headstock horn? Any tips? It's a minor cosmetic damage but it's been bothering me so much lately.

Thanks in advance.

There's a custom built LP copy on craigslist in my area for a hundred bucks. No address/phone number given and the seller claims he has Duncan JBs and Grover tuners in it. The only real difference between it and a real LP is that the headstock says Gibsun. Should I cop it?

STICKERS REEEE

go play it, if there's no neck whip buy it.

post a link, I have a fake Les Paul and it started out as a complete piece of shit, but it was a nice platform to learn guitar repair/modding on.

RIIIIIIP enjoy your epiphone headstock.
Well, there's wood fill/putty, which I guess you could use, just paint black. But it's gonna look like shit. Or you could buy the plate over the headstock, replace it, and the missing bit just fill it with putty/fill, but it's gonna be more work and dunno if you want to go at it.

have you heard it in real life, had a chance to use it?

from what i heard its really versatile yeah, expensive too!

break the other half, that way you'll get some more tonesymetry

Found a 1973 twin reverb for $530. Good deal? It's pretty beat up but sounds great.

is this actual autism?

Help, how do I take this out, I dont have a suction cup

This. Asymmetric headstocks create phase cancellation and brightness. This is why a telecaster will sound more bright and quacky than a les paul.

Generally you don't want to fall anywhere between these two not-shit tones.

Use your mouth as a suction cup.

pocket knife

Tried for keks
Don't wanna ruin finish I don't think it would fit either

unscrew a pot and stick a pen or something through.

Violently smash the shit out of your guitar so it will fit into the theme.

Ok, for real then what I do is use two pins/needles or something small between plate and screwholes (to not damage paint). Other than that if there's something open or that you can open from the other side to push it, that's another option.

Flip the guitar over.....

There was a really nice ornamental pre-war parlor guitar made in Germany for sale at the local flea market for 18 euros, all it would've needed was new set of strings, bridge pins and maybe a new, lowered bridge because I don't play slide so it would just fuck my fingers up.
I didn't have enough money at the time but when I returned with enough monies it was gone.
Cheer me up, /gg/

What do you think? (If you live in the area don't steal it pls)
santabarbara.craigslist.org/msg/5650033014.html

All old guitars eventually get enough bridge lift that they become crappy players. Loose bracing is also very common. In short, you didn't miss out on much.

I liked it a lot, didn't think it sounded like it was recorded through your anus either. 9/10

Damn that sucks dude, I've been on the lookout for a really old Parlor guitar ever since I saw this video with Sir Richard Bishop. Every really old example I've found has been unplayable though, I think most of them were meant for Gut strings and people ruin them by using steel strings.

youtube.com/watch?v=n2p5j3EajWI

I found a Hopf German guitar from the 60s a couple of days ago, and it sounds pretty good but looks kind of cheesy desu.

sound here

>fellow Santa Barbarian
Hey faggot!

Seems like a great deal, just be sure to meet in public because it might be stolen or a fake ad. Don't let him ask for any weird payment. There's plenty of not crime related ways a deal like this turns up, but just be safe.

do you get it where you're constantly practiciang the same things

"what's a minor arpeggio from the 4th string"

Ah. The classic headstock chipperino. I feel ya brother

Looks good dude. Would cop

hey nice pajama pants i have the same pair

alright /gg/ I just bought a beginner's electric guitar. what is it that I have to focus on in order to play blues rock and be able to jam with a band? my goal is to one day be able to play like Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn or John Mayer but how can I achieve this?

pentatonic scale from the sixth string

if you want to be knock out good learn it from the fifth string as well

then buy a hat and some beads

What's your current level?