///Grimes general///

///Grimes general///

Try to keep it music related.
youtube.com/watch?v=lE-W_EjXh8I

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RfAOUbLCSZM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ec6dzraS4o
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgITEI02Im0
reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations/
youtube.com/watch?v=lShHr5qHIdA
youtube.com/watch?v=YxC3kjPuGZo
youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-icab6q3M
youtube.com/watch?v=FxzRGzdd1xw
youtube.com/watch?v=TImLVIJS3tE
youtube.com/watch?v=IsNaj6l5z8M
vimeo.com/164942263
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you mean /Ariel Pink general/?

kys grimesfags

Thanks for bumping

stop your thanks, you do it every time it is edgy now
i like grimes btw

Your so far behind meeeee

Hey is that Areola Stink?

>tfw still haven't seen her live yet

She's a pussycat like every man is a snake

Given the chance, would you see her live (pay for a ticket)?

nigga what does that even mean xD

Lyrics from her best song

>implying Grimes is not the new Bjork.

>Common things between Grimes & Bjork:
>weird voices
>quirky, playful personalities
>strange fashion sense
>interesting live shows
>acclaimed electronic music
>dedicated fanbase
>obscure albums before the proper breakthrough albums (Grimes has Geidi Primes & Halfaxa, Bjork has S/T album from 1977)
>eclectic music taste.

Will we ever see her soles?

Also music and stuff.

oh boy here we go

no thats an ariel pink song

That's what I meant

It's her best song

ariel pink is a boy...

I think I agree with this. The evidence is nice and clear.

As far as we know....

their is no indication that ariel pink is a girl. He is definitely a man..

their is no indication that ariel pink is a man. He is definitely a girl..

youtube.com/watch?v=RfAOUbLCSZM

This reminds me of a summer beach type vibe. Thoughts?

The joke is over. Grimes is the best artist of this decade. Prove me wrong.

Yes. So many of her earlier songs are sad and this one of the few exceptions. Speaking of sadness:

>A former goth kid from Vancouver, Claire originally moved to Montreal to study Russian literature at McGill University, before switching to the neuroscience course. Music never seemed like a viable option until she started hanging out at La Brique's predecessor Lab Synthèse, where she was encouraged to produce her own tracks by her now-manager and engineer Sebastian Cowan. When Lab Synthèse's co-founder David Matthew Peet killed himself in 2008, she decided that she owed it to him to submit to her to true calling.

>"I was like: 'Fuck, I could die. We could all die, at any time. Why the hell am I wasting my time? I'm just going to do what I want to do for the rest of my life. I don't need money.'" To the mild horror of her parents, Claire turned her back on the world of brain biology to pursue Grimes full time. "I've completely fucked my life," she admits cheerily. "I don't live anywhere, I don't see my friends. You have to sacrifice a lot of things to do this. But the pay-off is this incredible freedom."

>"Visions was an extremely cathartic album to make. I went through a period a few years back when I was really addicted to drugs. Two of my best friends died, I had this really fucked-up assault experience and I was constantly in and out of terrible relationships. I never really dealt with all that, but I eventually realised that by making songs I could work through these things that had been plaguing me for years."

>As a result, Claire reckons there is a "weird jubilance" to Visions. "It can totally be a party album if you want, which is hilarious to me because it's so tortured. But because it's about sloughing off that pain, there is a kind of joy in the way it takes you from utter depression to utter ecstasy."

youtube.com/watch?v=4Ec6dzraS4o

Underrated

i wish grimes would just, like, stop.

Why?

This bitch is a shitty person, she thinks shes a fucking superstar and treats people like they are underneath her. None of the people i know who know her even like her. Bitch even laughed in ogre niveks face because she didnt know who he was bitch claims to be vancouvers hot shit fuck her nobody here likes her

Grimes is fucking hideous and you're all fags

stop lying

This is bait but I must clarify this thing: are you drunk, cunt? Why don't you just get the fuck out of here, fag? Get laid, read a book, get a job, do something more productive than obvious shitposting. You're embarrassing.

The shitposters are more and more pathetic

Come to vancouver and ask around you delusional faggots

did she say why she left her set

At least they're bumping the thread. They're not totally useless. But they're completely delusional if they think that Grimesfans will stop liking her because of their hateful comments.

Not yet. But she will say at some point. Be sure everyone from P4K to The Guardian will write about it.

Are you people gay or something??
You should listen to REAL music, pic related.

5 days until Grimes live
No more waiting pls

what's Grimes best song and why is it urban twilight?

Solid song, but Be a Body or Oblivion or REALiTi or Nightmusic or Symphonia IX have something extra special.

I am scared of infester

Do you mean REAL SHITTY MUSIC. Stop listening to that degenerate brainwashing bullshit.

I have listened to 3 albums of Grimes on a constant repeat, and my favourite Grimes song of all times is "World Princess pt. II"

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgITEI02Im0

Anyone can agree on this?

(Note: the youtube version is pitch shifted and sounds like shit because of it, but I couldn't find a decent youtube version so this will have to do for ppl who haven't heard "World Princess pt. II" before)

yes

Are you scared of infester?

>Listen to plenty of emotional music
>Never made me feel anything, other than maybe excited and pumped
>Listen to Grimes
>Makes me cry, laugh, feel empowered, angry, etc... The full range
>Now I want to start making music
thank you based grimes for showing me the way

Awesome! It's not only the 8-bit beat, but the lyrics that sound like she is talking about her old life that she had left behind, like how she used to be naive about things that she is not anymore, how she used to see things in a more romantic sort of way she can never have back anymore. This makes me relate to this song so fucking much to the point that it makes me feel super emotional, almost like a song from Radiohead's OKC, Kid A or IR, all of which I have been listening to ad infinitum before discovering Grimes.

I can feel you bro. Please do.

I am a 23-year-old straight guy myself but Grimes is just so fucking inspiring and emotional for me that I don't see her in merely a romantic way, but as a role model or a goddess. It's difficult to explain, but maybe the closest I can say is that she represents the higher state of humane consciousness that I have yet to attain or something like that... keep making that Grimes-influenced music mate, world needs to hear that shit! Good luck m8!!

WP2 it's a wonderful song. One of her best. Did you hear the instrumental version?

Not yet. Can you post the link to that reddit thread where they shared that rar with all the demos and instrumentals?

reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations/

Lots of good stuff here. Essential for every Grimes fan.

fuck what everybody says, these threads aren't just waifufags

comfy as fuck, my dudes.

what do you think about this baardsen remix of oblivion? youtube.com/watch?v=lShHr5qHIdA

I like it better than the original, but it's also what got me into Grimes, so I might be a bit biased.

Very few people know about this rare Grimes: Voignamir, about a cat. It's a collab with Devon Welsh from Majical Cloudz.

youtube.com/watch?v=YxC3kjPuGZo

>reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations/

Thankss, I appreciate you posting the link again

grimes is too pure for this world

too good

Not bad at all my friend, but the original is better. My favorite Oblivion is this one (FYF Fest 2014): youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-icab6q3M

Despite the fact Grimes forgot the lyrics for a second, it's fucking amazing. Incredibly hypnotic and the additional melody makes the song even better.

You're welcome. The thread with those downloads is sticky so it's visible all the time.

The live versions of her songs are so amazing most of the time. Case in point: Flesh Without Blood. It's even catchier than the original: youtube.com/watch?v=FxzRGzdd1xw

hit her with a hammer

Nice story. She's could be a big inspiration for everyone.

HAMMER TIME

Reminder that her Ave Maria cover will make you cry: youtube.com/watch?v=FxzRGzdd1xw

You hammer guy should listen to it too. It will make you a better person.

a hammer (for grimes to be hit with)

You guys need to be nice to Grimes

I'll nicely bash her skull with a nice hammer.

Stop it. You didn't read the news about that singer killed by a psychopath like you? Do the right thing and stop this madness. For your own good.

this

She would be attractive if she didnt have such a big round nose

has she talked about why she walked off yet

she is NOT a waifu

she is a talented and wonderful HUMAN female who deserves much more respect than being the fantasy of sick fucks like you.

Her nose fits her round face, plain and easy.

W-what did you say about Grimes?

her nose is literally one of her best features

I strongly agree. I'll never understand how someone can hate something so cute.

but vancouver people are fags. If i was grimes id laugh at you fags too

Her personality is her best part besides her music.
youtube.com/watch?v=TImLVIJS3tE

youtube.com/watch?v=IsNaj6l5z8M

Its feels good to see such a nice person achieve so much success :)

of course, that goes without saying. she is an amazing person

Got it from the unreleased comp but yea it's rly gud :)

what if my fantasy is to respect and appreciate her art and her person in a non-objectifying way, but much in the same way I look up to people such as Otto von Bismarck, James Joyce, H.P. Lovecraft and Diogenes?

I also want to know this. Surely someone must have the inside scoop

>implying it wasn't because she was triggered hearing someone say something slightly un-politically correct

no

she deleted her tweets mentioning it, I think she's forgotten all about it by now desu

Grimes can't be triggered she's to cool for that. It was likely the hammer dude or montie doing creepy shit

>tfw pitchfork doesn't take the speculation shit posted here and write articles about it like they do on /r/grimes

Sup Forums is a safe haven from journalists confirmed.

No, they just don't take shit here seriously because that would be stupid. Reddit is full of actual creeps

your one sick fuck you know that

I will never understand how reddit got so normie so fast

it seems like just yesterday it was filled with nothing but displaced tripfags from the great exodus.

now it's basically facebook 2.0 but slightly less mind-numbingly stupid and vapid and toxic.

That's ok.

DUBS OF TRUTH

She will say it at some point. Maybe in an interview.

You don't know that for sure. And besides, it's probably going to be MONTHS. Who knows how long it will take to get the restraining order.

If you're bored watch this fan made Grimes documentary: vimeo.com/164942263
It's very well made and you will enjoy it.