youtube.com/watch?v=vciteXAjZWs
withinwithout.dk/Real.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

in which track

and no they evidently didnt recover and broke up after jaughing sock

>in which track
Ascension Day

Nice meme.

In all seriousness though, why did they do it?

Who? Swans or Talk Talk?

Talk Talk

thought i had a fucked download the first time i listened to this

what am i listening to? why does it do that

They ran out of tape

C'mon guys you're acting like no one's done the "building chaos into a sudden cut off" before. This one is just extremely abrupt. It's very effective too, the first couple times I listened to LS the build at the end of Ascension Day made me really nervous.

i was kind of talking about the weird skip, not the abrupt change in tracks

There's a difference between ending suddenly and literally cutting the tape right in the middle of a line.

Is the weird skip not part of the abrupt change in tracks?

>5:09
Worst Talk Talk track ever?

yeah it's the logical conclusion to it

Both are ending suddenly, though.

it just sounds shitty, i don't get it. i've heard bands do sudden, clean shifts like that and it sounds better

I think the skipping happened because they were obviously jamming out towards the end of the track and maybe they thought it was best to cut it off short because the rest of the imrpov section didn't sound so good for them

Touche

I like this album but could never get into Taphead

>they were obviously jamming out towards the end of the track
Literally the entire album is improvisation, m8.

It's the least great track, probably fueled by being squeezed in between After the Flood and New Grass, anything is shit beside those.

Everyone knows Strike Up the Band is objectively their worst.
It's fucking embarrassing in comparison to Spirit and Laughing.
youtube.com/watch?v=vciteXAjZWs

Well they did a damn good job of making the first half of a track seem like a well thought out and written compostion of that really is true.

On second thought sounds like it could be true

basically what said, during the recording sessions they at first didn't notice the tape had run out during the outro jam, then decided to keep the take because muh adventurous song structures

You got a source on that?

This is just a rumor with no basis. It's not even hard to look up basically everything we know about the recordings as Mark didn't really do a shitton of interviews.

i remember i read it in an interview with Mark Hollis somewhere, i'm trying to find it right now. it was an interesting read

I actually enjoyed the first 45 seconds of it, 5:09 is still worse

What's wrong with it?

It's a false rumor that floats around in Talk Talk threads together with that they got a power shortage during that part.
Really, the very nature of how the album was put together completely negates any form of "track was cut off" as it's all just a composite of small segments.

Is this album Sup Forumscore?

i honestly remember reading something of the sort in an interview, but all I could find was an audio interview where he states he purposely cut the tape off. oh well, i guess my memory's failing me
withinwithout.dk/Real.htm