ITT: top heavy albums

ITT: top heavy albums

i think this one's pretty balanced, every song is at least a 9/10

how can an album with fucking brother sport as its closer be top heavy

Guy's Eyes/Taste/Lion in a Coma pale in comparison to In the Flowers/My Girls/Also Frightened

ay no Guys Eyes is bretty good

>being this wrong

Neither of these are totally top heavy because of their closers being so good, and Merriweather has the advantage of Guys Eyes / Taste

The real top heavy one is Sung Tongs

You have those switched around, sry

I unironically think Lion in a Coma is one of the best songs on MPP

Fuck you, those are the best from the album, especially Guy's Eyes.

Same famalan

we've reached levels of pleb that shouldn't even be possible

Both are good answers. MPP a little less so, but Lion in a Coma and No More Running drag.

dude fuck YES me too

brothersport wins tho

For every 3 songs, there's 1 good song

>PLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAASEEEEE DONNNNNTTTTTTTT LEEEEEEEAAAAAAVEEEEE MEEEEEEEE

Oh please, Feels is by far the spottiest of their big four albums. Flesh canoe is one of the least interesting experiments with meter they ever used, Bees is fine but twice as long as it needs to bee, Daffy Duck has the same problem, all those tracks fuck the pacing of the album up, even Grass has that scream refrain that somehow makes Avey's screeching boring, Turn Into Something is like a less interesting version of Did You See the Words, and it has the most static and traditional instrumentation of any of their albums.

All this said, dystw's, pb, and bb are three of my favorite songs by them, but yea, absolutely the least eclectic album during their peak years.

I've been giving this a try. The only song that sticks out to me is No Reptiles.

pleb opinions

the best opinion in this thread, thank you
(also Banshee Beat is 2nd half of Feels how could it possibly be top heavy)

They're all good man. I've been listening to the latter half a lot more actually, the songs you mentioned are just a little more atypical, which makes them less immediate, but Taste has such and awesome bass line, the dual melodies, and those kind of sad lyrics. Lion in a Coma is a turn off to a lot of people because it's in such a strange time signature, 9/8, or juggling bars of 4/8 and 5/8, so when you listen to it count 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5 and the rhythm starts to stick with you. Also, the sample is one of the most interesting that they've ever used imo, certainly the least western.

it's a grower for sure. if you've listened to the album

But everyone in Animal Collective is a bottom.

I agree about Sung Tongs, but really if they just got rid of Good Lovin' Outside the pacing would be 100% fine. It's a decent song, but redundant when Mouth Wooed Her is already there, especially one after another. Whaddit I Done is criminally underrated though, one of my favorite closers, and really a beautiful statement as far as their philosophy of atmosphere>clarity goes. I had heard MPP, didn't quite have it figured out, was listening to ST trying to wrap my head around what they were going for, and WID? is the song that cracked me open. It was epiphanic.

Definitely this
The first 5 tracks are all solid as fuck and then No Reptiles is really the only one off the second half that I find myself coming back to