Clyp general

Clyp thread ! Post what you're working on!

clyp.it/axyb0s2e

Let me know what you guys think of this new dark ambient/noise material I have been compiling, never listened to much noise at all but I really like the idea of total freedom that the genre breeds.

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/acadbzsj
clyp.it/fivg1npb
youtube.com/watch?v=hEnkryEiI4I
clyp.it/fdqgcrka
clyp.it/5fptj4fb?token=3a64b9ed15717c019f1950a428dd2887
clyp.it/psx50rvw
clyp.it/dmkqc2tg
clyp.it/ogyffvhq
clyp.it/nip2rtqf
clyp.it/wqbaqqs5
clyp.it/cq1mgysd
clyp.it/snk3x5ca
clyp.it/bftev54z
clyp.it/z4nzsiyh
clyp.it/5zwlyv3v
clyp.it/szmmgzvg
clyp.it/gihmcall
clyp.it/sjeshfkj
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

This is my attempt at a fringe-like crescendo track with a focus on atmosphere and all that jazz. Been trying to expand my horizons and work some drone into my usually repertoire of post-punky tunes.

clyp.it/acadbzsj

As far as your stuff OP, I actually really dig how it's this bit of ultra-resonance while the distortion kind of works its way in. The samples work together well with it, I get kind of an eerie abandoned subway vibe almost, or some similarly populated place. I dig it! A fair bit at that!

holy shit how did I make that many typos in that post. Supposed to say drone -like not fringe-like

clyp.it/fivg1npb
Description pretty much says it all
Wew lad, pretty interesting ngl.

Very cool singing! Everyone sounds good with reverb but that was used tastefully. Great guitar playing too
What are the lyrics about?

>I get kind of an eerie abandoned subway vibe almost, or some similarly populated place. I dig it! A fair bit at that!

Thank you! I actually made this track in probably less than an hour, which goes against my usual style of constant revision, which I still might do to this one but idk yet. I was deffinitely going for the isolated, abandoned theme, I'd like to make an entire album like it, all of my material is really all over the place

Decided I should probably give each of these a little more of a detailed critique, as descriptive as wew lad is. It's got a very spacious bassy vibe to it which I quite dig. The use of samples is neat too, it's quite reminiscent of insects or something and so it gives the whole atmosphere of the track a sense of place. It's quite mellow but the, I'm just gonna say insect noises, are really quite unpleasant to hear. The voiceover, distant as it is, does give the impression of like a loudspeaker announcement, even though from what I can hear it isn't really. Not quite sure what's going on with the brass instrument at the end. I kinda dig it but I'm not sure how much it adds.

You a Swans fan by any chance? Very neofolk. I like the chorused kinda vocals, they're quite tastefully reverbed so they don't all blend together, you can still get a sense of each one. Guitar playings very neat too desu. I like how the drum beat steadily builds in towards the end. It's quite freak folk actually. Could you maybe build on the tribal aspect of the song a bit? I feel like you could go really intense with it

>I'm just gonna say insect noises, are really quite unpleasant to hear.

It was a distorted percussion instrument off of FL, and do you mean unpleasant as in the theme of the darkness of the track, or that it breaks the overall immersion?

Oh no, nothing like that, it definitely adds to the track, I'm just not really a fan of insects and the creepy scuttley noises they make that your noises remind me of

brb adding insect samples to the track
What are some of your least favorite insects?

Centipedes, spiders, big fucking rhinoceros beetles. Things that scuttle and click basically. Dunno about spider noises but they're a bad insect anyhow

>big fucking rhinoceros beetles
youtube.com/watch?v=hEnkryEiI4I

OH MY SHIT
this should not be legal

Nearly trod on one in France once. I swear I screamed over an octave higher than my usual range

clyp.it/fdqgcrka

looking for any feedback on this lil tune I made, what kinds of effects or polish can I add to it
clyp.it/5fptj4fb?token=3a64b9ed15717c019f1950a428dd2887

Hmm, this is interesting. The opening clicks and stuff are quite unsettling and eerie, but that main melody and the COME ON sample are quite like... upbeat and bouncy, like a call to adventure. The track overall has quite a feel good vibe but those opening noises did not make me think that was what I was in for at all. Not quite sure about the silence at the beginning, not entirely sure that's necessary but I wouldn't say it was detrimental. Other than that it's a pretty good ambient techno/IDM track imo

Thanks for the feedback!

Ooh, this is jolly. Definitely gives me the undersea vibes, it's like The Little Mermaid trap or something. It seems pretty much done to me, maybe just a little more details scattered about, like a few kinda undersea samples or a few more of those bubble noises popped in during the more repetitive sections

That was great dude. Super menacing. Really loved all the moments where the multiple overlapping vocal lines.

needs a better beatbreak imo
(liike between 30/40secs)

thanks for the feedback! are you saying I should improve that section or make the others more like it

bump

Just started singing/songwriting. Tossing a few ideas over something i made. Everything after 50 secs is improvised. Can you guys tell me if its any good?
clyp.it/psx50rvw

Here's a song I'm working on. It's very much unfinished and still have another verse to tack on but I might as well try and get some thoughts. Let me know if there's anything noticeably awful.

Also, you can kind of ignore the thing at the end. I do intend to end the song with something like that, but what I've got there right now is just kind of a placeholder.

clyp.it/dmkqc2tg

Kinda reminds me of of jandek, and depending on what you were going for that might not be a good thing... I think your singing definitely needs to be worked on, but its nothing that can't be improved. You sing off key pretty frequently, so just make sure you really lock in those notes and whatnot. You're just starting off though, so don't take any negative feedback to harshly. Just stick with it m8.
Pretty cool. Sounds like what plays at a night club in Bikini Bottom.

made this in audiosauna, p cheesy but i kinda like it
clyp.it/ogyffvhq

anyone?

Hi

Devoid of emotions imo. Not even cheesy sorry

dam son

Hi

clyp.it/nip2rtqf

clyp.it/wqbaqqs5

10/10
2/10

clyp.it/cq1mgysd

memes

you gotta actually give feedback for these threads to work

Then why don't you give feedback fuccboi

Because everyone here sucks.

bump

clyp.it/snk3x5ca
>hands permanently fucked
>will never play guitar again

Heres a little piece that I got lazy at the end

I fucking REFUSE to stop making music
clyp.it/bftev54z

>>hands permanently fucked
>>will never play guitar again

That really suck dude, how did it happen if you don't mind me asking?

I seriously worry about something like that happening to me. playing guitar and making music are really the only things I've got going for me, I can't imagine how awful it must be to have it taken away like that. But at least it sounds like you're finding other ways to create.

*sucks

I played too much with improper posture and now I have chronic tendonosis. If your wrists hurt or feel 'messed up' stop completely for a few days, no bullshit

I can sing and play harmonica now though I got depressed but now I can play again. Though I record stuff and get reminded how better I'd be with guitar chords in the background
clyp.it/z4nzsiyh

Sorry to hear that dude. Harmonica playing is on point tho.

I'm recording a studio version of this soon, this is an early demo. thoughts? clyp.it/5zwlyv3v

bump

Man I hate to be that guy but how can you just post your track and ask for others to give feedback if you don't give the time to other people's tracks

Well looks like the thread is pretty much dead, but if anyone's still lurkin here's a slightly updated version of if you could give some feedback.

clyp.it/szmmgzvg

oh hey, the thread lives! Heh, your demo is akin to what one of my completely finished songs would sound like. But anyways I enjoyed, really nice and comfy. I do think it could lend itself better to some lusher vocal harmonies, but again if this is just a demo I imagine the final version will be much more filled out. Anyways, nice stuff.

I'm getting to it breh, just wanted to bring back the thread to life

great
meme
i like it actually
you sound like me during my early stages lol but there's potential

bump

what is there to bump? just give feedback

m8 I've already given feedback to pretty much everyone in the thread. Honestly now I'm just hoping to keep the thread alive till morning to get a new batch of contributors and whatnot.

well then heres another bump

eh

Can you describe to me in what way my piece is a meme? Do you think I could capitalise on said meme qualities or is there a way to make it less meme?

meme

The same quality discourse I've come to expect from Sup Forums desu

mem

is my singing ok?
clyp.it/gihmcall

got some major chills from that harmonica playing
i think your track needs a lead instrument, something sharp like a high violin or something like that

I mean your voice is pretty much smothered in effects so it's kinda hard to rate your singing. The song kinda irritates me and so do said filters, although obviously that's personal preference, and so I guess I have to grudgingly say that in the context of your song the vocals, and by extension your singing, are fine.

clyp.it/sjeshfkj

Lyrics suck, I know that, but I was wondering if it was punk enough or too much of something else.