Ramones only made a good album. Prove me i'm wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N1zED1R6VhM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I rember you uu-uuu

Nice

>Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Nice

Not bad, but awfully...soft album when you'd get the impression it was some kind of extreme punk with the guy screaming at the top of his lungs and chainsaw guitars.

I agree, and it's It's Alive.
Even that has a few annoying songs too, though.

They invented and perfected pop punk

The Ramones were never that hard--they disliked being lumped in with the Sex Pistols and preferred to not be associated with that whole mess and everything it stood for.

Ramones, Leave Home, Rocket to Russia, Road to Ruin, End of the Century are all great

(i love end of the century fuck you)

after that it gets kinda iffy but every album is at least 'okay'

joey is a great vocal talent but his voice changed and got deeper he went through puberty 2x because he fucked so many hot bitches

the funniest thing I ever read was an old fried hippie idiot on Steve Hoffman Forums ranting how Led Zeppelin killed rock-and-roll and then the Ramones were the worst thing ever and "Popular music peaked in 1966. I was born the same year as Johnny Ramone but I can't relate to or identify with their music in any way. Boy you haven't lived if you never saw Airplane at the Fillmore while on acid."

he should have listened to The Ramones on acid, he might have gotten it

related video

youtube.com/watch?v=N1zED1R6VhM

SHF is pretty hilarious for the posters there, but on a serious note if that old fucker was a genuine California hippie from back in the day, I can kind of understand why the Ramones' grimy Northeastern urban vibe didn't click with him.

See now, Christgau worshiped the Ramones because he was a New Yorker and he never liked the San Francisco sound. It's partially about having the right culture and context to appreciate an artist.

>See now, Christgau worshiped the Ramones because he was a New Yorker
At least until Johnny Ramone started stumping for Republican candidates.

Johnny was a conservative but he got on stage and played guitar fast. The Ramones were not a political band that preached on stage

>b-but Johnny said "god bless George Bush" at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame speech in 2002...

The Ramones never put out a bad record, but some of their records are far much better than others.

There are four different versions of this album
The original has Carbona Not Glue. Some countries replaced it with Sheena Is a Punk Rocker, other countries replaced it with Baby Sitter, and some countries didn't even bother to insert a song where CNG used to be.

(nice dubs)
To this day It's Alive is not available as a U.S. album. It is only available as an import. One complaint I have about the C.D. is that certain songs fade out, and start up again. I would've thought that Sire Records would've had each song segue through w/o interruption. If I wanted fade out, I'd play the vinyl copy.

THIS!

Funny thing is that if it weren't for The Ramones, in many ways, there would be no Clash, Sex Pistols, Buzzcocks, etc. Sid Vicious was a huge Sex Pistols fan.

All of their songs sound the same. In a good way though.

steve hoffman is literally the worst forum on the internet, everyone on there is a rockist idiot

wow tell me more

ah medder at the berga kinnnng

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR

Listen to The Wipers