Seeing Swans in a few weeks...

Seeing Swans in a few weeks, how do I act to make sure this guy doesn't yell at me or spit on me or step on my fingers or rape me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0sdOvQjtUrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shake ur dick at him

Sounds hot!

Wear the earbuds that cover the most sound. Followed by moshing and head banging as hard as you can; Gira gets mad offended if no one is moving around.

Why in the fuck did he bring in some girl to do the vocals on song for a warrior? holy fuck that song would be so good with gira's voice but instead we get fuckin felecia whatever doing the same old annoying creeky voice indie girl bullfuckingshit, and i have to skip the track every time.

Too bad no one cares what u think

this, i remember when i made a mistake and actually went to their show

>Hands up intheair for the fat neckbeard in a corner who thinks hes too good for us!

i don't know to mention what followed...

too bad i fucked your mom

Are they touring with Baby Dee?

I saw gira almost punch a dude who drunkenly ran on stage, he pushed him and yelled "Get the fuck off my stage!"

>this thread has been repeatedly occuring occassionally the last few years

>how do I act to make sure this guy doesn't rape me
With Mikey you never can tell

Don't worry, he only rapes beautiful and talented people

Too bad it's summer time

Yes, this. So much this.

Larkin Grimm, please leave.

>or step on my fingers
Don't put your hands on the stage, stupid. He's gotten pretty mild by the way, just stop your bullshit if he's looking at you and shaking his head.

Gira will not touch you unless you do something ludicrous like stage-dive or attempt to start a mosh in the very front. He is no longer a violent person, and has specifically stated that in multiple interviews.

Unrelated, but hilarious:

>Late 1982: Swans concert in NYC.
>GIRA: We were playing to the typical ten people and there was this guy in his bright yellow Devo jumpsuit. He was pogoing. I just thought, "What a fucking retard." He was destroying the show for these people and myself. So I jumped off the stage, threw him on the ground, and told him to get out. He did. And then it was a better show.

>February, 1983: "The Safety Dance" was released.
>The writer/lead singer, Ivan Doroschuk, has explained that "The Safety Dance" is a protest against bouncers stopping dancers pogoing to 1980s new wave music in clubs when disco was dying and new wave was up and coming.

There's two utter lunatics headbanging in the front row at 20:00 in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=0sdOvQjtUrg

One of them is wearing a Megadeth shirt. Gira doesn't seem to mind.

Yeah, but they're doing it lightly and slowly. If they were stroking out and/or jumping around, I'm sure he'd have screamed at them - or kicked them, at the absolute worst.

throw some money at him while he is on stage

Anyone here seeing them in Toronto?

>tfw 18 and cant go to 19+ show
>tfw the toronto show is fucking 2 days
>tfw you now have to plan a trip to the shithole that is quebec just to see them live
>tfw the shitty quebec venue still doesnt have tickets for sale yet
>tfw feels so bad man

Grow up, you stupid faggot

you could try emailing the promoter or getting a fake id

are you from the grimes thread

I saw swans a few years ago, there was a guy with blue hair wearing assless chaffs who was on a leash held by a very tall woman wearing spikes and leather. During the show, Gira invited them up to the stage, this was during a performance of the seer, during the long part where they just band a D chord the couple proceeded to strip down naked and fuck right on the stage. The lady pulled out a huge dildo and started shoving it up the guys ass, then she shoved the other end up her own ass, all while gira watched. A few minutes in norm realized he only needed one hand to play the song and used the other to zip down his pants and start fucking the lady. Eventually everyone in the stage got up on stage and had a huge orgy, except for a few prudes who didn't want to partake. Gira, in an attempt to get everyone involved started chanting I see it all, I see it all, I see it all, I see it all. This worked, except there was one guy who still wouldn't join. He looks right at him and yells YOUR NAME IS --and right as he was about to burst out the name, someone shoves their entire fist up his own ass, causing him to roar in painful pleasure a long and drawn out FUUUCK. They started improvising something that later turned out to be the song She Loves Us.

Anyway, prepare for some shit.

>A few minutes in norm realized he only needed one hand to play the song and used the other to zip down his pants and start fucking the lady
ok this got me

The new Swans albums are very good, but they're so extremely fucking underused. Especially The Seer has some of Swans and Gira's best material i.e. 93 Av. Blues but they just massively fuck up on some songs like Song For A Warrior. I had the same feeling with To Be Kind, it had so much potential but it just felt lacking at so many points, which is too bad.

Blind is by the way Gira's best song.

The last time he had some kind of ''outburst'' was when he told some kids to go fuck themselves because they were using their phone while he was preforming. completely justified in my opinion.

OP, Gira is an old man now. He won't jump naked into the audience and punch some motherfuckers in their face. This isn't the 80's no wave scene anymore.

>is an 18 year old
>posts in grimes threads
checks out, i seriously think Sup Forums should only allow 21+ people to post. fucking children ruining my board.

God those eyes are so penetrating

Here's me laughing at you, old man.

have a shave

no

I don't seem to understand... Does Gira hate people who move around or headbang or dance?

No, it's just that these beta fags here are scared of alphas like him.

nah there was some dude fucking around with the waifufags by spamming swans shit

Should be like the magazines where you have

40+ 60+

at least your eye brows threaded?

c'mon

Why does my masculine hair make you uncomfortable

what's your favorite swans album alpha man

Kind of cute desu

Niggas on the Moon
Tanks, bb

yeah my kids really liked that show

epicnamebro?

not as bad as keef richards who fucking nearly decapitated somebody with a guitar to the face

It doesn't matter what you do
If the guy next to you takes acid and fucks up his shit
Gira will blame you by mistake

I know it happened to me

flex your muscles

I shook his hand after a gig and he signed a poster for me, if anything he was a bit awkward.

I bought 3 cds and I only wanted him to sign the Great Annihilator
He gave me the most puzzled look I've ever seen anyone give me

He didn't know it was my favorite album and his squiggly signature doesn't do much for me anyway but the memory will be forever

yeah his signature is pretty mediocre lol

What are some Michael Gira triggers?
I want to be on my worst behaviour so my hero will beat the over loving shit out of me in front of all of his fans.

I'm going to his show dressed as a metal head, yelling "LOUDER" and acting like a faggot in general.
I want to provoke him without doing anything technically wrong, though. Like being blatantly disrespectful.

You mean not as cool as Keith Richards nearly killing someone

bring pic of larkin and ask him to sign it

LOL

Oh jesus fuck

In some states, that Korean cellist (who was on Cloud of Unknowing) in others

After pogoing and headbanging in the front row, start filming with your phone.
Shout "Nina Simone is a whore".

Anyone got the 4:19/4:20 variant for the snare cut out on the album?

too bad you're a fun hating virgin who doesn't understand irony

Shout "Joy Division suck" and call Ian Curtis a fag

Accuse him of being a gentleman

Hey, my wife's son was conceived at that show.

toronto seer here

laughing my ass off. mfw Gira gets assault charges.

I thought it was the opposite and he wants people "not" to move.

So you just stand there and listen?

That's an old meme. Since he started going to church he has acquired a newfound appreciation of group rituals, so he likes to see people move cohesively in response to the music.

It's because they're selling alcohol at the venue :^(

Twas me my leige

That's easy, you stop shitposting.

Go on Youtube and type in "michael gira angry".
Have a good time.

thank you so much for this

there's only like three good videos though

gira, amazingly, has bad taste in his own music

Yep. Going alone..

>I want to provoke him without doing anything technically wrong, though. Like being blatantly disrespectful.

you might wanna try it with the jandek discog since it's also pretty big