Does Sup Forums even like CDs?

does Sup Forums even like CDs?

post CD collections..I know mine isn't the best, but they're mostly just for driving.

also Best Coast is off to the side bc it's confirmed trash.

I have a few hundred from the late 90s-mid 2000s. they mostly just gather dust after getting ripped to v0

seems like that's the fate of most CDs nowadays

I still use them all the time

I prefer CDs

>1.5 mbps true lossless
>space conscious
>doesn't matter how you store them
>don't need to be maintained
>aren't destroyed by counterweight
>aren't damaged every time you play them
Yeah, CD's are cool. The vinyljerk revival meme is dying, so all those little Urban Outfitters kiddies will be coming around.

I have a pretty huge CD collection. I'm at work right now so I can't post it.

I mostly use them in the car, but I really like owning them, and if anything ever happened to them I'd be quite upset.

My car got broken into the other day and they didn't take any (thank god), but they dumped them all on the floor then proceeded to dump the garbage on top...wasn't too happy about that. Pic very related.

Best trip.

I barely use or buy them any more myself but they're useful if you want to lend one to a friend.

dat Cerebus doe

All of my regret.
Loved the first few books, stuck with the middle ones and then basically skimmed the last two.
What really bugs me is I can't find Melmoth so I'm here with an incomplete collection but I'm sure as hell not gonna buy it again.

what's the one that looks like it's in a quilt pouch?

serves you right for having such shit tier headphones

CD's are pretty cool, I prefer cassettes and vinyl though.

I actually only the first volume myself, but enjoyed it quite a bit. I've heard the quality drops in the later ones

thanks m8
How do you feel about releases that are only available in vinyl format? Just interested.
that's the hand-crafted version of Natalie Rose Lebrecht's Warraw. I think I have all the versions of the record available.

I use them at work. I have a pair of HD280 Pros for actual listening. thanks though.

I heavily recommend 1-5 and 11. The rest are 'worth reading' tier but avoid the fuck out of 15 & 16.

hey that's pretty good

Go buy pic related.

did you try and feed MBDTF to your dog?

>How do you feel about releases that are only available in vinyl format? Just interested.
Indifference

Nine times out of ten it exists in digital in some form. I'd wager that there are far more CD's without digital versions than vinyl.

Pic unrelated, v good coffee I tried.

bought it used for 50 cents in that condition blame the previous owner

>vinyl
Disagree but fair opinion
>cassettes
Fuck off

I really hate when artist put out vinyl only. I don't own a record player. I don't want to own your record just so I can support you and get the DL card. I want a CD. I want something I'm going to use.

HD 280 represent right here.
On a side note I really don't like listening to records through headphones. I have more CDs anyway since I do a lot of car listening but vinyl through headphones seems to really exacerbate its flaws.

Kevin from Savage Quality does that shit.

Like I hope you realize I'm just gonna take a hard pass on whatever shit alb you can't commit to a worthwhile format in favor of the hundreds of other albums I have backlogged.

Agreed. Best Coast is trash.

I collect CDs, these are recent purchases

sorry low quality, it's Titus Andronicus, Shellac and Today Is The Day

I'll contribute when I get off work if thread is still here in 6 hours

keep in mind i've been buying CDs since i was 11 so expect a lot of memes

was probably a death grips fan

here's my CDs that are packaged in cardboard cases. Also vinyl collection I guess

I think I need to get my eyes checked because I can only make out Green Day, Metallica, Nirvana and Radiohead, none of which are even THAT terrible for what they are

My CD Rack, top two shelves.

(Metal case is actually an album on a thumb drive.)

Next two shelves

(The book is Negativland's _It's All In Your Head_ album. It's packaged in a bible. Yeah, I know, 3 edgy 5 you)

And next two shelves. The paper thing sticking up is a friend's noise music project from a few years ago.

Bottom two shelves. Yes, those are cassettes there too. Nowhere else to put them and I don't have a tape player anyway.

I have way more CDs than these, but these are my Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab CDs. They sound fantastic.

Second pic

What are some recommended CD players / Speakers?

damn...i thought for sure my CD collection would be on the small side. i'll try to post my collection when i get home.

would you all prefer to see them laid out face up or is just spine side fine?

jesus, dude, that's a lot of devo

Come on tapes are cool

Get some metals and a proper deck and you're set. It's still analog anyway.

>collecting a dying format

CD's will be completely replaced by digital in another 10 years. They won't even sell CD players outside of antique shops.

Lol

I have a small collection but I go to the local cd/dvd shop with my friend every weekend. Part of the problem is that my dad and I have a lot of overlap with our taste (hurdur, dadrock), I still live with him and he lets me use his cd collection whenever I want, so there's almost no point in building mine up since half of what I'd want is a room away.
The writer became a full-blown misogynist later on and puts his politics into the series, really hurts it later on.

Are you me?

I want the lonesome crowded west

I fucking love cd's. As you can see, I fucking love W.A.S.P.

find more artists senpai, he cant possibly have every dadrock release

i mean ill buy them if i need to pick something up real quick to listen to or if its the only way i can get that album in physical form
other than that meh

I like CDs. I buy them all the time, especially since vinyl can be so expensive. With CDs I can buy more music. I also like getting reissues with a ton of bonus tracks.

>DEVO 2.0
You're a pretty huge Devo fan aren'tcha?

i inherited a couple hundred from my dead dad but most are "best of ..." albums or 80s trash. i still use them, for example i played plastic ono band while driving to work

I see a bunch of you cheap CDs, respect. what are your sources?

I try browsing craigslist and whatnot but never have much success. Goodwill is sometimes a win, also a lot of libraries have used book sales with CDs for like $1

I've got roughly around 300, though I would probably sell off at least a quarter of them. Started buying them in high school and back then that was pretty much my only way of procuring new music. Once I started coming to Sup Forums and became more savvy with downloading/torrenting that changed pretty quickly. Now I just buy CDs of artists/albums that I really like strictly for collecting purposes.

What are good CD players and speakers? Sticky only has record player setups

CDs are better than records because you can rip the music and its sounds better than FLAC.

I just buy records cuz they're cool.

R8 my taste, I've only been collecting for maybe six months.

post your cd players

You have good taste. I like your collection.

Just buy it in WAV/FLAC and burn that shit on a CD-R

I have a very small CD collection.

I'd want to add everything there to mine except the Joy Division comp, The Soft Parade, the Bad Seeds albums, and Joe's Garage - I haven't heard those classical albums, so I'll leave those aside
good start - lots of solid picks.

i'm kinda old, had about 500 cd's i accumulated in high school/college and they got stolen

not that mad about it nowadays, since it was mainly shit I would never listen to today (recovering punk rocker) but I was devastated for a while about the loss of my collection

I currently have only a handful I happened into

in my car

>Smashing Pumpkins Oceania (boss's daughter didn't like it and he knew I was a Pumpkins fan. I don't particularly like it either)
>The Clash Greatest Hits (2 disc thing)
>REM Automatic for the People
>Elvis Costello This Year's Model

Buying CDs of albums made before 1983 is asking to be laughed at.

On which basis? Stereo was already a recording format since the 60's and vinyl will always deteriorate and have imperfections in the sound.

As you're buying a useless reissue of a reissue of a reissue especially for an album like ITCOTCK where you're more than likely getting the songs from a rip of a reissued LP and not directly from the master tape. You may as well either: burn the original vinyl rip from a private tracker on a CDr or buy an early repress of the LP.

>Municipal Waste

Mein Wigger

I had someone break into my car and steal my CDs once. But they didn't steal them all though, just certain bands, and based on their choices, they had pretty shit taste desu.

latest cops: Songs of Love and Hate, Soft Machine Volume II

OP some of yours are good but overally your taste is shit. Listen to better music before throwing the $$$

CDs I've found at thrift stores recently:
>MBV - Loveless
>Björk - Post
>Sleater-Kinney - The Hot Rock

Pretty good finds if you ask me. Just starting my CD collection, so hopefully I'll find more good ones later.

Nice.

Ayy colour haze

ITCOTCK is a special case where the remastered versions are actually an improvement over the originals, even the remastered CD from 2009. The represses from the 70's and 80's are absolute garbage, be it vinyl or CDs.

I don't even listen to them anymore, don't know why I still have it. I do have fond memories of it, maybe that's why I bought it. Or maybe because it was cheap

I don't know, I own two original LPs and have heard several versions of rips from never CDs that I got from what.cd and I still prefer the sound on my LPs. My point is unless you're getting a CD that is pressed from the master tape then it isn't worth it.

I agree that they're cool, but it's just because they're classic and define an era of music listening. And of course, they can have a very trademark sound.
Them being analog means nothing though. Wax cylinders are analog, and they sound like shit.

>buying someone else's crusty old records

Must suck being poor

>Loveless
Nice

Tapes are cool in the sense that a band can buy a bunch of blank tapes and a duplicator and make ep's and shit real cheap. And sell them for like $2.

Selling tapes for $7 or $8+ is whack.

cool collection user

I like them, Ill buy them if they're cheap. A goodwill i go to has them priced at about $2 which I think is a fair price.

Really nice collection user

Nice way to catalogue and collect. Theyre so cheap rn that i really dont mind dropping a few bucks here and there for releases. Not worth it if youre buying full price though

I've been regularly buying CDs since the early 90s.
I like to have physical copies of the albums I like, and on average they are way cheaper than vinyl.
Plus, I can listen to them on my hi-end cd player.

I've been storing most my music on my phone and just started collecting cds since i'm a poorfag and can't really afford vinyl.

I have a lot.

I have shitty lighting in my room right now so have some pictures of the a few rows of them, plus some stuff I found today.

my relatively small collection

>1987 CD master of Freedom of Choice

Oh, you poor thing.

You really need the 2009 remaster. You can actually hear the fucking bass on it. The 1987 CD master is so terrible, it ruins one of the greatest New Wave albums.

The 2008 Japanese mini-LP is a superior remaster, but it's expensive to import. The 2009 WB remaster is solid enough, but both put the 1987 CD to shame.

Pelt - Ayahuasca

Checked, my friend

Just get rid of th sublime

I fucking love Pelt.

And every time I go to this one record shop they seem to have more releases; but Ayahuasca was the one I'd always been looking for.

I have hundreds and hundreds of cds but I haven't been buying them as much as I used to.