Opinions on St. Vincent? Do you like her musique?

Opinions on St. Vincent? Do you like her musique?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs
pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/6680-st-vincent/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She's a difficult artist I find. While she has the skills developing I think she relies to heavily on going for the moderné sound.

Very crunchy sounding.

I like her music even more than I like her face and that's saying something

>Very crunchy sounding.
Annie has lots of softer songs, especially on her debut. But I'm not gonna lie, I like her crunchy sounding songs more than the softer ones.

I've not gone through her music for a while but there's always this

crzt crzt crzt

thing happening

zzt zzt zzt

I don't really get it

Her guitar tone sounds strange and that's part of her appeal. Listen closely and you'll notice that those sounds are necessary to her music. For me, they make sense.

marry me,actor,cruel are really good
new stuff is meh
Hopefully the new album is extravagant

She gets shat on quite a bit on Sup Forums
I personaly loved all her records and basically kept up with her since all she had out was Marry Me.

I really love her guitar playing and her ear for arrangement, which all took a sort of background role in her latest album which was kind of bland IMO

For me: Strange Mercy = Actor > Marry Me > S/T

I think they're samples, bit like sounds from C64 Grand Prix game?

crrrzzzzt

you know?

I'm old

1 word
Dropped

I'm sorry Annie

I haven't kept up with her since her collab with David Byrne, which was a huge disappointment for me honestly. Her first three albums were great though, and Krokodil was too.

Strange Mercy is one of my most likes albums ever.

Her self titled album is better than that Byrne collab. That collab wasn't bad, there are at least 5 great songs on it: Ice Age, Optimist, Lazarus, Who, Weekend in the Dust.

>b. That collab wasn't bad
I thought it was a stand out for her tbqh

Her music got memed to death.

>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs

46:47

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/6680-st-vincent/

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

haha what a moron :D

Marry Me is near genius, her other albums are pretty good too

It seems like she's gotten way up her own ass recently.

enjoying life =/= getting way up her own ass

id like to get up her ass ;)

With what, a strap-on?