/daily/ - Regular Boring Edition

It's the Juneth of the 25.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, continue Jangle's Thrift Tourney (pls), just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>the new topsters
topsters.net/ (doesn't work)
>haha thanks for linking it then

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>new plug.dj room now that it appears to work again

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension of bad choices and silent regret (aka "taste")

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're interested.
>ha skype oh wow

Most importantly, don't gib into the memes THIS IS SERIOUS DISCUSS BOARD.

Previously on Daily

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MhQ1viHCp08
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ማሕሙድ_ኣሕመድ/ማሕሙድ_፡_ኣሕመድ_፡__mahmoud_ahmed_/
strawpoll.me/10589387
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_rock
youtube.com/watch?v=GxC4Tp9z8NA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

further boise

>tfw had to kill my thread because of you
closing the gate on you jangle

for the gender-neutral persons!

Everyone already knows you're a fuck up,
we don't need to be constantly reminded.

that's a nice pigger

for the bou (rgeois)

no
boys only
is 4 them

why is capitalism/communism funny to you people

Why isn't it funny to you?

Henry Flynt - You Are My Everlovin' / Celestial Power (1st impressions)
Wow this is some fantastic drone to lose yourself in. One of those lbums you put on and forget it's on, because your mind escapes reality for a bit. Recommended.

>not kekkin at the bourgeoisie

Listen to Giles Corey next

Yer not allowed to listen to Uncle Meat btw I forbid it.

Uncle Meat it is

I get a small bursary next week and I was thinking

"what should I buy to stay with things?"

I'm musiced out at the minute, the music I make myself is more interesting

I've got a new bluesy thing that I can improv all over , another piece that is a real challenge

waiting till I can perform

(I know you love my updates)

I would like Miles Davis' first ever album

Please recommend me as many tracks as you know that bear resemblance to Sister Ray.

pic unrelated, i am currently droning a random guy from a chart thread

I didn't know scaruffi posted in chart threads

does he like the stooges?

Are you familiar with Les Rallizes Denudes?

Apparently he gave an 8 to their debut, so yes

did u get the mixtape nyarl?

youtu.be/MhQ1viHCp08

>I would like Miles Davis' first ever album
you have to buy these big box sets for it and they are expensive, and more than one to pick

Heard quite a few of their albums. Like them, but the lo-fi means I have to be in a certain mood for it. And LRD are more chill than Sister Ray (in my opinion), whereas Sister Ray is like a 20 minute orgasm of sound. I do like LRD though

I'm so sad pope posting isn't a thing on 4ch

nice scaruffi drone chart

The Mothers Of Invention - Uncle Meat (1st impressions)
Goofy fake jazz with comparatively weak performances from the Mother's lineup.
Zappa is not a very good composer, and resorts to humour and cliche's to make up for this. It sounds like a marching band got drunk and tried to play Duke Ellington tunes.
This album is proof that he shouldn't stray too far away from the rock spectrum.

That sounds like you enjoy some Zappa stuff?
What is it?

Sup Forums question:
Any Tarkovsky I should see first?

Haven't been listening to music, been spending all my time out of the house.

>Haven't been listening to music, been spending all my time out of the house
dude, we live in the 19th century, you can listen to music outside of your house,

and I do but it's mostly either shit my friends play or club music.
if I'm out for a day trip or on the beach or something all day I can't listen to music nearly as much.

Oh wow that's out of 10? Oof.

Daily, which version of this should I listen to?
>rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ማሕሙድ_ኣሕመድ/ማሕሙድ_፡_ኣሕመድ_፡__mahmoud_ahmed_/

There are five different versions, each with a different tracklist, and I can't find the original on slsk.

shitpost

Lest we forget

I'm sorry.

Gary Burton - A Genuine Tong Funeral (1st impressions)
This is like a much less focused 'Escalator Over the Hill'. The compositions are underwhelming and most instruments seem under-utilized.
The musicianship is great but lacks the grand illustrious feel they were going for. The interplay is awkward and misdirected at times.
gud but disapoint.

hey

I like his Mother's stuff pre '69 and some of his 70's solo stuff, though I haven't heard enough to have an opinion of his whole discography.

lovely digits

hi /dilly/, I like the new old meme
listening to Sings Reign Rebuilder rn, fantastic so far. F# A# and Skinny Fists mixed together with bits of the first Silver Mt. Zion album as spice. doing their next album next, hope it's as good so I can recreate pic related with it

D I G I T S

>hidden track after 10 minutes silence

god damn, why is this shit a thing?!
It was NEVER a good idea, never funny, never interesting, never artsy, never hidden
It has always been just fucking annoying

I view the 10 mins of silence as a seperate song and weight that against the score.

On fire with the 7's today boys
what does it mean?

eh, I don't score albums that way
Kinda ruins the whole album as an album experience, I just usually throw the hidden dreck out of the playlist

Dr John - Gris-Gris (1st impressions)
There is some wicked grooves in this one.
Will definitely have to revisit this to fully absorb it.

Yeah I think it's waned on me a bit. It feels a little light when it should be heavier. It's possibly just the mix, but the end experience is still a little tamer than it could be I think.

Still a great album, but I'm currently leaving it an 8 instead of edging the 9.

I felt the same way. There were so many glimpses of excellence in here that it felt underwhelming as a whole.
Still thoroughly enjoyed it though.

I'M SO HYPE BOYS ABOUT TO SEE TIM HEIDECKER
HOLD ME

Is he doing music or comedy? Hopefully both?

kumbaya nigga!

Just Comedy but Neil hamburger is opening

This is some fuckin groovy pop. Great orchestration and vocal delivery, very fun and chill. Reminds me of Beat Happening.
Recommended.

After revisiting, you'll give it the 10/10 it deserves

Maybe like an 8 max dude.
That's a pretty wrong opinion.
Sell me on why you love it?

>Art Ensemble of Chicago - Les Stances a Sophie
I heard the opening song of this album a couple months ago in plug and loved it but I only just got round to listening to it in full. It was disappointing, Theme de Yoyo is a fantastic track, it's the type of jazz I like, I need it to be held together by a nice groove. The rest i just found a tad boring. Not sure what to rate this since I only liked 1 song but I think I liked that one song enough to be a 3/5

>Morphine - Cure the Pain
Like Les Stances a Sophie, I was excited to listen to this album after hearing one song from it. I love the title track but again the rest of the album just didnt work very well. 2.5/5

Wipers when

Wipers right now if you want big guy

if you do i will not eat pork for at least a week. any longer than that depends on how much you like the album.

>I missed a positive Michael Yonkers review
Shit, when?

His mixing of 60s psych and the New Orleans sound is amazing. It takes the best of what I like of both and makes something great out of it - Dr. John's tripped out bluesy voice, the heavy groove throughout, the horns, the hypnotic strings and backing vocals - it all works together perfectly and in a way nobody else really has done. And if you give Gris Gris a chance to grow on you, it will. As will most of Dr. John's early years.

If you're familiar with some voodoo folklore, a lot of the lyrics are more than their drugged out nature might make them seem. Like, I Walk On Gilded Splinters is about a dangerous journey into a spiritual realm. Because I find voodoo to be one of the more interesting things out there, it's icing on the cake.

I don't really expect this to be an album that everyone thinks is perfect, but it's definitely one of my all time favorites.

I barely reviewed it, think I just made an offhand comment about it being nice.

It's great, feels like it might be custom made for me with the psych, punk and noise aspects of it.

>Springdanceconcert
haha

LYRICSMEDIA YOU FUCKING FUCK CUNTS WHY THE FUCKING FUCK DO YOUR VIDEOS AUTOPLAY ON YOUR WEBSITE
THEY'RE FUCKING LYRICS, OF COURSE I'M ALREADY LISTENING TO SOMETHING!!!!!
YOU'VE FUCKED UP MY ALBUM EXPERIENCE TOO MANY TIMES YOU ABSOLUTE INCONSIDERATE FUCKMONKEYS
FUCK YOUR WEBSITE, FUCK EVERY WEBSITE THAT LOOKS LIKE YOUR WEBSITE, I HOPE YOUR EMPLOYEES DIE IN A HOUSE FIRE

pork fast confirmed

I think azlyrics has the least ads.

Graham Lambkin and Jason Lescalleet - The Breadwinner
Absolutely beautiful and relaxing. These two play everything and the kitchen sink (probably). So many different sounds on this album yet it still sounds sparse enough to be very calming and organized. Definitely on par with Salmon Run, and I like it much better than Songs About Nothing.
8/10

If you ever got a chance to see Otomo Yoshihide and his band live, and he's there -- taking any requests, what songs would you want him to play? I think I'd like to hear Good Morning Good Night played in its entirety the most.

I'm not super familiar with his live act. Is it just Onkyo, or does he do plunderphonics stuff as well?

He mostly does jazz live

Machine Gun cover

Wipers - Youth of America (1st impressions)
This is a cool record. I wish I discovered it in my post-punk phase because it def would have been a favourite.
Great energy and atmosphere. Kinda sounds like Rush.
Recommended.
7.5 /10

I fucking came. 10/10

lewd

>These two play everything and the kitchen sink (probably).
holy shit

Apply adblock or go to Genius

>Apply adblock
IT DONT BLOCK IT THE LIL CUNT IS RESILIENT

hlep
strawpoll.me/10589387

>quality
>Boris

Is hampus the only regular with taste?

ebim

What are the artists you could talk about all day? As in, those artists you love so much you could write a book about it.

I am fairly certain I know Dogwander and Fish's answer.

The Velvet Underground and Tim Buckley

You get 3 guesses

Modest Mouse, John Fahey, and probably Velvet Underground? It'd get mighty tangential for sure.

Been listening to BORNS - Dopamine (Great summer album)

Just got the new RHCP and newish Radiohead since my local shop finally has it. Can't wait to get into them.

top ha

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_rock

don't bother

digits tho

literally the most retarded thing ever.

Nice digits tho

Honestly as much as I could probably talk about Fishdudes, I could probably talk more about Zappa.

Tell me fun facts about Fishpeople

I don't know anything about them other than that they were Japanese and made music

HEUHEU was waiting to catch a fish with that b8
GIT TROLD FUKR !!!!!!!

real score is 7.5, I liked it quite a bit

Devilish

Just remembered, the translator dude had some issues, but said 98.12.28 should be done by Weds for anyone that cares.

I honestly don't know that much about the dudes, other than Shinji died from a heart condition he had his whole life, and their violinist who played on their later albums + their last show died in an unrelated car accident, though some people mix the two up and it's a common rumor that Shinji died in a car accident.

From what I can tell, Shinji was pretty quiet and apparently from what I heard on some forum, had terrible stage fright. I can't find it on YouTube right now, (it was probably removed, their label is sort of anal) but there's this one TV interview where the other two members have to do all the talking, and Shinji just kind of looks at the floor the whole time. I'd love to have it translated some day.

fuq

u got me

I had a laugh and feel silly now. Thanks piggo xP

FOOOOOOUND IT
youtube.com/watch?v=GxC4Tp9z8NA

dude looks high as fuck xDDDD

Neat. It always bothers me when I can't figure out what's being said during those interludes. I remember seeing some LRD show where Mizutani said something between songs, but I can't find the video.

Also, Fishboy certainly does not seem to have stage fright on that one Fishmans concert video I saw. He dances and throws his arms around like a madman.

also listened to fishmans but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet

Did you get 98.12.28 translated from that dude yet?

While I know you're joking, some people do say shit like "lmao glad to know people in Japan smoke weed too" when referring to Fishmans. However, from what I've heard, any drug harder than cigarettes are extremely taboo in Japan. Not only would those who are caught in possession of it be charged with 5 or more years in prison, but they'd probably have to go through Yakuza just to get any sort of drug.

I do find it odd though, considering their largest influences.

Yeah it seems contradictory, but apparently he said in some interview he wants to have a good relationship with his fans and for them to enjoy themselves, despite his stage fright.

This actually made me appreciate the talking parts on 98.12.28 more, because I think some may have thought he was pretentious or conceited because he rarely said much in interviews and was very quiet, but it showed he genuinely wanted to have a relationship with his fans.

nice dubs. Did you enjoy it at all?

Keep in mind that you have the rare opportunity to pan it and be the first one to do so. It'll be super edgy and cool.

Read the top part of that post you replied to xP

I have Thank You, In the Flight, Walking In the Rhythm, Smilin` Days Summer Holiday, Melody, and Long Season and literally and stylized translated.

I am retard
nice dubs

ty '(oo)'

daaaaaaaamn fishman

nah, it won't be getting panned

fahey, three six mafia and pretty much the memphis rap scene as a whole, washington phillips, raymond scott, and [spoiler]elliott smith[/spoiler].