Band's influences are:

Band's influences are:
>The Velvet Underground
>The Stooges
>Joy Division

who is every band post 1980?

>Screamo revival band
>Self described as "Orchid but with emphasis on melody"

maybe if your only listening experience of post-1980 music is a very narrow selection of rock music subgenres - namely 80s hardcore, post-punk, 90s indie and the (admittedly) seemingly endless wave of post-00s landfill revivalist bullshit

>band
>doesn't have Stooges or TVU influence
pick 1

>rapper name drops 2pac & biggie
>and NO ONE else

So true

They are the nsync and backstreet boys of hip hop

bang's influences are:
>Neil Young
>Black Sabbath

Band's influences are:
>Can
>Les Rallizes Denudes
>Charles Mingus

So. Pretty much every punk band ever?

Artist influences are:
>Kendrick Lamar
>Death Grips

>band wasnt influenced by the velvet underground

these. op you're an idiot

Singer/Songwriter says their top influences are:
>Bob Dylan
>Dave Matthews

>self described

>his favorite rapper is Kendrick Lamar
>has not listened to more than 20 hip hop albums

UNPOPULAR OPINION TIME:

Lou Reed is THE most overrated musical hack of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

His songs are absolute SHIT. His chords are generic as fuck and his lyrics are unbelievably lazy doggrel.

If the Devil was real and there was a man who sold his soul in exchange for fame, Lou Reed would be that man.

If life is actually a virtual-reality game with little hints thrown in to indicate that it's not real, The Velvet Underground's inexplicable popularity is PROOF that this is some sort of simulation.

yeah, who is this "David Bowie" fuck anyway?

t.Radiohead fan

You forgot Pixies

Back in the MySpace days (kek) I swear to god every page said "influenced by Velvet Underground and Pixies"

>shoegaze band
>inspired by MBV

What's wrong with liking Kendrick?
TPAB is one of my all time favourites.

>screamo revival band refers to itself as "skramz"

>the sound is more organic than on our earlier records

pretty much every opinion in this thread is dogshit

yes, bands with good songs tend to have followers. and i can hardly think of any bands that list the stooges as a primary influence. did you mean the smiths?

melody is good

they both died at the height of their popularity and their lives were very interconnected, so they're more important than other hip hop artists when namedropping

why are you butthurt lol its just music lol chill out relax lol
theres absolutely nothing wrong with that when kendrick is simultaneously an entry level hip hop artist and also one of the best artists ever in that genre. if they truly enjoy his music they'll branch out to other things

band's main influence is Swans

>melody is good
Nice argument man

i haven't heard the particular band that you're making fun of so i don't know if their melodies are good, but as a general rule i think that melody is a pretty nice thing to have in a song

Doesn't mean everyone thinks the same, let alone orchid fans.

if they're a rock band that isnt influenced by any of those then I sincerely hope they're either prog or pop