Annie Clark aka St. Vincent

does Sup Forums have a legitimate argument against her work?

no memes pls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs
pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/6680-st-vincent/
youtube.com/watch?v=u1Y2poYYCKw
youtube.com/watch?v=JySQE4axlJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sup Forums may have arguments against her, but they're all shit and impossible to prove. The point is that Annie is an amazing musician.

>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs

46:47

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/6680-st-vincent/

Who's spamming all theses st Vincent threads?
Can you please stop posting the same thread?

love
- bobbbbyy browwnnnnn

>tired pasta
I swear you post that on every Annie thread. Just stop it.

The OP doesn't seem like a fan. A fan would never rename the image as "dorito.jpg". That's disrespectful.

Hello, Annie Vincent. What are you doing outside the comfort of Cara's anus?

Stop it.

You were very rude to me in Dallas. Unacceptable behavior.

You were a jerk. Unacceptable behavior.

Shut. The fuck. Up. You stupid Dorito-headed cunt. Go straighten your meme hair, you fucking dyke.

Look at this mad wanker. Go clean your toilet, sick fuck.

is the fame getting into her head?

shes a fucking moron

i also think people overstate her skill as a guitar player- she's definitely competent, but i sometimes see her referred to as this modern day guitar goddess or whatever and i'm not really hearing it. if you watch that guitar moves video she did, she just seems sort of lost and finds it difficult to articulate theory stuff, which is odd considering she went to berklee.
live performances from the tour for the s/t made me cringe.

She isn't, stop the Annie hate, she does work hard at her music

I want to lick her armpits so bad

Annie plays more by instinct. She learned a lot from her uncle, Tuck Andress (a pretty famous jazz guitarist).

>live performances from the tour for the s/t made me cringe.
(You)

Her music!

youtube.com/watch?v=u1Y2poYYCKw

meme hair
dorito head
bitch looks like the bride of frankenstein
she eats ass and pussy
no good tunes whatsoever

1. she went to berklee. an uneducated musician has an excuse to not understand theory in a substantial way, but in that video she has trouble explaining what an artificial harmonic is and when asked what she learned in two years of music school, she seems really flustered and inarticulate. again, she's definitely competent, but not as much as people make her out to be and certainly less than i'd expect from somebody who went to school to learn music.
2. the choreography/dumb monologues were just really forced and silly.

i just don't really like her music. i guess if i had a more pleasant reaction to her songs, i'd be less nitpicky about stuff like that but idk. i'm not really impressed.
i should also note that a lot of the male fandom surrounding her has a really waifuish 'ohmygodshe'ssopretty' kind of thing going on, which is pathetic and makes me less disposed to liking her.

i like that she covered the pop group on national tv though, that was pretty gutsy and she pulled it off well.
youtube.com/watch?v=JySQE4axlJY