What's the best nu-metal album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f59EZlTDMkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

does that count as nu metal?

you posted it
t. shoegaze pleb

death grips - bottomless pit

Pretty much the only good bands that are called Nu-Metal are Slipknot, Deftones, Korn, System of a Down, Linkin Park and Mudvayne

P.O.D. - Fundamental Elements of South Town

first System of a Down album

>Snot
>Hed (p.e.)
>Spineshank
>Soulfly

Are we allowed to like Static X now?

>Deftones
shit
>Linkin Park
shit

I HATE THIS

not with that hairstyle

wew lad

Death Grips - The Money Store

Slim Jim was the style of the time

What did you say to me you little bitch?

Pick ant if system of a downs albums.

legit contenders along with pic related

no

RIP Wayne Static

Hybrid Theory or Meteora

sepultura's last good album was from 1986

Hybrid Theory

Not Nu Metal. Have a nice day.

So what does nu-metal even mean? Korn and System of A Down don't even really sound like each other.

Nu metal is a form of alternative metal that combines elements of heavy metal music with elements of other music genres such as hip hop, alternative rock, funk and grunge.

I still listen to this every now and then. This and LD50 are the only two nu-metal albums I can still stand.

So bands like Living Colour, Primus, and Rage Against the Machine by what you are saying are nu metal?

First two could be considered Proto Nu Metal and RaTM are.

You're welcome.
youtube.com/watch?v=f59EZlTDMkk

>Not Nu Metal
Then what is it?

See, here's the problem: Sepultura tainted themselves becoming nu-metal by having Jonathan David, the poster boy for the genre, on their album. Doesn't matter if the album was stereotypical nu-metal or not. The fact that you've got a nu-metal soldier on your album means you've become just that. Same thing with SoulFly. First couple tracks on that album? Not nu-metal. All of a sudden he has Fred Durst appear. Forever tainted. And to make matters worse, they tried to climb out of it a few albums later and pretend it never happened by attempting to make thrash, etc.

Goddamn I loved me some Nothingface. Saw them live probably half a dozen times when I was younger. Skeletons was great and the second song on it, Beneath, should have been a fucking radio hit. TVT records dropped all support of Nothingface when they released this album and after a few years floundering, they disbanded. They teased a reunion a few years later, but it never happened.

Then two of them went on to the shit ass Hell Yea garbage and one of them was booted from HY within the first month from drinking problems.

LD50 is an amazing album too. Everything else Muvayne was totally lacking in comparison.

Korn is probably the best Nu-Metal band (if we go off of their first ~5 releases). Best album by them, its between s/t, life is peachy, and follow the leader.

They had the best rhythm section in an alternative/nu metal band before silveria quit. Hands down. innovative guitar work and genuine vocals.

Literally the first track is already nu metal.

What's with all the nu metal threads on Sup Forums lately? I like Korn's s/t, RAM, and SOD too but I thought people laughed at nu metal or something.

what? nah ah. play roots, then play literally anything by korn or slipknot or any of those bands. at that moment, you will realize you are wrong.