I need some Christian album recommendations

I need some Christian album recommendations.

Could we make a chart?

youtube.com/watch?v=ubAD9G2z9QI

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xh55de_bob-dylan-precious-angel_music
youtube.com/watch?v=lBFtWWeOQog
youtube.com/watch?v=XNXyxQVJCGs
youtube.com/watch?v=PNww8F6G9U8
sonic.net/~lfmusic/blackhouse
youtube.com/watch?v=J5bVuVQ19jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_yQPce84RC8
youtube.com/watch?v=cEXlTes-HEU
youtube.com/watch?v=wdJ_AXje5iI
youtube.com/watch?v=0kZY63Kdm4U
youtube.com/watch?v=mpZeRe4afac
youtube.com/watch?v=E0HzNePL-XM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Beck

>Dat Ken Snyder

dailymotion.com/video/xh55de_bob-dylan-precious-angel_music

The Resurrection Band
Petra
Flyleaf

youtube.com/watch?v=lBFtWWeOQog

youtube.com/watch?v=XNXyxQVJCGs

Classical too

More Ken

His second album too.

youtube.com/watch?v=PNww8F6G9U8

Blackhouse

Christian Industrial
sonic.net/~lfmusic/blackhouse

Petra were the shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=J5bVuVQ19jQ

youtube.com/watch?v=_yQPce84RC8

youtube.com/watch?v=cEXlTes-HEU

Shit. Didn't notice. Wow. Never seen them mentioned before unless it was by me.

youtube.com/watch?v=wdJ_AXje5iI

youtube.com/watch?v=0kZY63Kdm4U

Christians will never be able to make good music, because their religion tells them that they do not have divinity, which causes them to diverge away from themselves, causing them to look outwards, so they're never able to really go inward, which is where divinity really is. That's why the best "Christian rock" is made by non-Christians.

Have you ever listened to Mozart or Bach?

Sounds personal to me.

Bach's music is overly calculated and completely devoid of emotion, the exact opposite of Debussy. He may have been a genius, but he was more of a mathematical genius than a musical genius. I don't think anyone really listens to him purely for pleasure.

Nah the biggest reason Christian rock and other subgenres are littered with trash is because it's lowest common denominator. It's the easiest thing in the world to just blatantly rip off a specific sound or do the barest amount of work because there's a guaranteed market, many Christians only will listen to Christian music. Easy, long-lasting airplay, lots of ticket and merchandise sales, etc. It's easy money. You can write a whole album of very similar songs with repeating vocals, every line either taken straight from the Bible or an otherwise vague worship verse and it'll get radio play or played in services.

He doesn't play Christian Rock, but Sufjan Stevens is definitely one of the best contemporary introspective musicians and he's very definitely Christian.

They are merely examples of musicians influenced by their faith.

I could also point to orthodox chants and mystical Christian poetry which is intensely personal.

Just because modern Christianity in America is corporate and soulless doesnt mean that Christians have no sincere feelings now or in the past.

Either way, their inspiration comes from outside of themselves, so it is false and contrived, even if they believe that it's real. The most important journey is towards the self, and if you're a Christian, you've only diverged away from yourself, being told that you're unworthy and lacking divinity, so you'll never make anything truly meaningful. You'll spend your life waiting for another one and never connecting with what you have.

Ego driven nonsense.

It is only in losing yourself that you find yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=mpZeRe4afac

Im glad that this thread got quite a few replies (i tried it a couple of months ago to no effect).

Thanks for the recommendations!

youtube.com/watch?v=E0HzNePL-XM