Name better prog metal band than pic related

Name better prog metal band than pic related.

(I'm serious, I want to listen to it)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zim5QbnUhes
youtube.com/watch?v=St6lJaiHYIc
youtube.com/watch?v=rPUjDrvcse0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thats prog rock

it was a trick question

Literally just search Sup Forums prog flowchart.

Blotted Science

I'kl bite. Haken - The Mountain is miles better than any DT album. DT has good songs, but not great albums.

>captcha is selecting pictures of mountains

interesting that both their new albums begin with bleep boop machine noises

Yeah, but where Haken is actively incorporating electronic components into Affinity, thematically and musically, DT only did so thematically. I won't compare The Astonishing to Affinity because they're very different. But i do hate The Astonishing with a passion.

>But i do hate The Astonishing with a passion.
damn...

any particular reason?

Thanks and there is nothing to bite. I didn't make thread to bait people.

Why is DT such a taboo on Sup Forums ?

Is it because Sup Forums thinks if band is commercially successful that means they are shit no matter the actual quality of music?

Its hard to take anything serious here, since most popular threads on this board are Kpop,Grimes, and similar """"""""""artists"""""""""

IRON MAIDEN

EXCELLENT

bump

>Why is DT such a taboo on Sup Forums

Because DT music isn't very good, plus the fact that the fanbase is utterly terrible even compared to the fanbases Sup Forums has.

No, it's because DT have lost their creativity over the years and now resort to mindless instrument wankery to impress people. They're very technically proficient musicians but haven't made much good music since Metropolis II.

As for prog metal albums, I'd recommend Tool's whole discography, especially Undertow and Lateralus. If you're into any of the -cores, BTBAM's Colours is a great record. And although they're classed as tech death and not prog, I'd still say Death are worth listening to (they have a lot of "progressive" songwriting elements), Symbolic is probably their best album.

I assume Tool gets the same hate on Sup Forums

Pleb

tool

youtube.com/watch?v=zim5QbnUhes

youtube.com/watch?v=St6lJaiHYIc

youtube.com/watch?v=rPUjDrvcse0

I think Scenes From a Memory and Six Degress of Inner Turbulence work really well as albums, otherwise I agree even though I love Dream Theater to death.

Man i love everything up untill scenes from a memory, since that they haven't done a great record except for octavarium, just a few stand out songs here and there.
Are haken worthwhile btw or just overproduced deconstruction-esque metal?

Opeth, and that's coming from someone who enjoys Dream Theater

Opeth dude. Start with Benighted or Harvest then work your way up to more heavy songs like Deliverance. The growling deal shouldnt be a problem if you like A Nightmare to Remember for Black Cloud and Silver Linings.

*from

Tesseract

If you are seriously not abiting

Leprous
Threshold
Opeth
Enslaved
Wolverine
Symphony X
Ne Obliviscaris
maudlin of the Well
Novembre