Times your music taste has embarresed you

>Be me at work in a supermarket
>Sometimes manager lets us play music over the speakers when the store is closed
>I have my music on shuffle after being pressured to play my music over the speakers by work friends
>I forget i have Jeromes Dream on ipod
>The song "And Just Like That a Year has Gone" plays
>I cringe as i realize what is happening
>Everyone turns and looks at me everyone is saying "what the fuck"
>I hear other colleagues shouting across the store saying "What the fuck is this retarded shit "
>I rush over to my iPod and quickly rip the speaker cord out of it

This is definitely the most tragic thing that has ever happened to me

The song that destroyed me: youtube.com/watch?v=mjtJex4iX5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dDIJ-jqYulI
youtube.com/watch?v=UGKpMovc-3U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idk don't play psytrance after someone was almost raped, and tropical music is always embarrassing to play around people that don't know it.

The only thing i'm embarrassed by is that i can't find a compilation VA torrent of traditional pop music (30's, 40's, 50's),
while i can find an torrent of "top 1000 80's songs" and shit.

Feels bad man

Or a decent collection of mambo music.

>Few years ago.
>Driving car.
>Got license only a couple months ago.
>Like all other new drivers I bought an auxiliary cord so I can listen to music, but mainly so I can listen to podcasts.
>Have some friends and one of my friend's girlfriends in the car.
>"Hey man put on some music."
>"Sure, i'm driving so here's my phone. Pick something."
>They purposely put on some hardcore nigger-tier rap music that has super explicit lyrics.
>Everyone in the car is like "dude wtf do you actually like this garbage? lmao I never thought you like this type of music. how embarrassing"
>Start getting embarrassed. "Heh nah I didn't even know I had that on my phone. I barely listen to rap anyways. That's like the first time in two years."
>Now I get too embarrassed to tell people that I love rap music because people always say I don't look like someone that likes rap.

Pretty much every time shuffle lands on a song from the album that's not made to be played separately from the whole thing.

Normies have to realise that an album is made to be played as a whole from beginning to finish, and taking songs out of it makes them sound like shit if you regard them as music separately. I'm basically forced to keep complete trash in my phone in case someone comes up to me just to not ruin my reputation.

Pretty sad us people with more acquired taste are just cringed upon, when we know more than they ever will about music.

VA - The Story Of Vocal Jazz 1911-1940 (10 CD)
VA - The Story Of Vocal Jazz 1941-1953 (10 CD)

Heh. This isn't too bad. Thanks, user.

i feel you bro, feels bad when rap is so cringed upon. Most of my people find modern trap sounds acceptable, but as soon as it gets to some of the oldschool shit i love, or more experimental and conceptual rap they seem to not even comprehend that its music.

Why on earth would you be embarrassed by this?

Why aren't you proud that you have interesting qualities? You think people dislike you for being interesting? No wonder you never had a gf.

>Normies have to realise that an album is made to be played as a whole from beginning to finish
if you're a retarded rockist, sure

>Normies have to realise that an album is made to be played as a whole from beginning to finish

When you listen to enough music, it eventually comes to a point where trying to create buildup from mixing favorite songs with neutral shit (by listening to full albums),
becomes not only pointless but also autistic, you fucking retard.

easy to say on the internet autist
none of this applies when everyone's calling you retarded irl

Why would someone be called retarded for either of those anecdotes? Only a total beta would stand for that.

If I played that song at work people would just fear and respect me even more.

I try to stick up for rap when something like this happens. If all else fails, I'd play something more "sophisticated" sounding like TPaB.

just tell them that pitchfork said it was good ;^)

i can just tell you're too socially retarded to defend your opinions. no one likes a man who backs down easily, user

If you're not meant to listen in one go then why use a traditional album format?

So does that mean you only listen to certain movements from classical pieces instead of the whole work?

fuck off pleb

>3rd time or so getting on Sup Forums and talk about how I like Green Day
>you can imagine where it went from there

any time anyone at work mentions an artist for the most part
>you don't like macklemore? why user?
>what's wrong with neon trees user?
>imagine dragons isn't your favorite band user? wtf?
I'm not even that autistic about it, I shyly make a comment like "oh, yeah I don't really like _____" and it turns into this event where people stop what they're doing and interrogate me

Surprisingly though a lot of the more normie but less pleb music I give them is well-received

tru dis

>us people with more acquired taste
kek

On the bus listening with headphones, unplug and this starts playing on the speakers

youtube.com/watch?v=dDIJ-jqYulI

holy fuck hahahaha

And that was wnough to embarass you?
To be honest I remember I used to hang out sometimes with some people who had the same taste - Macklemore and Imagine Dragons, and fuck, they were the most boring people I have ever met. I remember I once posted some Whitehouse track from New Britain on facebook and said "Now this is art" and they were like "wow user, you really listen to this kind of music? are you crazy? what the fuck was that? do you like that?" Well duh, obviously I don't listen to it everyday, and I sure as hell wouldn't put it on on a party, but this was interesting, Whitehouse really pushed a lot of boundaries with their music.

Now I hang out with more patrician people, one of my friends only listens to classical, jazz, jazz-rock, dadrock and sung poetry, when we get drunk on parties he always insists we listen to Blue Train by Coltrane, I say okay, but other people aren't too fond of Coltrane, the worst part (or best part) is when he tries to put on Stół Mordechaja Gebirtiga (it's a 20-minute long monumental sung poetry piece youtube.com/watch?v=UGKpMovc-3U ) and it silences the party for 20 minutes, but when I try to put some hip-hop he says "user, you have such a good taste, but why you listen to hip-hop", I try to explain how hip-hop operates on different paradigms than rock, I recommend him some "hip-hop for people who don't like hip-hop" like Endtroducing, but it turned out the very idea of sampling turned him off. Finally he said "user, you listen to music like an ethnologist or historian, and I don't", and that left me speechless.

Because you can never please people when you are put on the spot to pick out some music to listen to. I always fear reactions like pic related. In my expereince it holds true.

>Pick something generic, radio friendly, popular or 'classic' to play.
>Everyone else's reaction = turn that wack ass shit off! who the hell likes artist XYZ?!

Are your friends lowtest faggots?
All the chads love trap

Guarantee they're hicks

even the hicks around where I live like trap for some reason, I wonder what kind weird friends OP has

Lol that sounds like a chicken doing vocals

Clearly ones that aren't as degenerate as the people in your area.

most rednecks are degenerates so I don't see your point

I never play the game of trying to imagine what these idiots like. I rep real. If they can't handle my powerlevel, fuck em

>being embarrassed by Sup Forums's shit tastes and faggoty elitist behavior
Embarrassed for you, user.

People walk into my office all the time and scrunch up their face and are like 'what are you LISTENING to??'

Then I overhear them later talking about how I have a wide, eclectic, impressive knowledge of music.

Stop fucking crying you assholes

I felt nervous about playing my music in the back of the house but some guy had the audacity to play 311 and John Mayer singles so I realized nothing I could do would be that embarrassing

I had some qt girl compliment Perturbator

Kek reminded me of this:
>At Deftones concert
>Hop the smokers fence to go find cigarettes
>Run into this Tennessee hick and his buddy
>I ask if they have smokes
>No
>They ask if I have weed
>Sure do
>Follow them back to a hotel room
>We smoke and play beer pong
>Tennessee guy reveals himself to be a nazi
>Swastika tats and everything
>I tell this guys its been real, but I have to go
>We walk out to the beach
>Nazi is singing some hip-hop/r&b tune in his god awful drawl
>Lays this gem on me
>I sure hate niggers, but they make some great music

Never found smokes that night. Also, missed the rest of the Deftones.

>I have a wide, eclectic, impressive knowledge of music.