youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0&index=12&list=RDAkU9XjatVjU
youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g&list=RDAkU9XjatVjU&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=PXkgn3QUA2w&list=RDAkU9XjatVjU&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI
youtube.com/watch?v=sN9iJCZ5Il8
youtube.com/watch?v=5tMtV5p0s4E
youtube.com/watch?v=w5KRawOXy4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

listening to video game music just as music is like listening to capeshit soundtracks just as musich

No fuck off, we're not continuing the thread.

>cont. from →

Go back to Sup Forums you fucking nerd I don't give a shit what you listen to but if its exclusively vidya music I'm going to call you out for the autist you are

please no

>videogames
>art

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

lmao op i bet you smoke cigarettes

>waah it's not art because I don't like it

Fucking retards

why do you think so?

Check these digits

okay

Autism aside:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9hagVL-__c&list=RDAkU9XjatVjU&index=6

youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0&index=12&list=RDAkU9XjatVjU

youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g&list=RDAkU9XjatVjU&index=5

youtube.com/watch?v=PXkgn3QUA2w&list=RDAkU9XjatVjU&index=7

why are you posting a pic of your mom

prove that you don't lmao

>videogames
>art

AAAAAAAAAAH!!! Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, PROBABLY TYLO BE CHILLIN, HERE'S A PIC OF HUMBLE CANNONS BY AARON ELLIS, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork ?to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes on the music section of a god damn anime imageboard? You fucking people make me sick???? and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses6??6??6?? you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

is this art weeb

Nah, still autism.

fukken got me
xDxDxDxDxD

>music is art
>graphic design is art
>writing is art
>BUT if you put it all together and add interactivity it's NOT art!

They are whether you like it or not.

Report this thread, shitposting is not allowed outside of Sup Forums.

All of you fuckers are anti-art, I am PRO-art!

Not an argument
Fucking retards

OP from the original thread here; why do you all still give a fuck about this discussion, I was half-baiting

All of these posters are anti-art. If you are pro-art such as myself, pls respond.

Sorry guys, I hate to tell you but the grass is greener on the other side. You've been trapped into a consumerist addiction that's labeled as a "legitimate hobby" everyone here should have ditched videogames by the time they were 14. Don't drink the cool-aid and think sitting in front of a screen for hours twittling your thumbs is all good.

graphic design isn't artform, it's a craft.
writing isn't an artform, literature is.
videogames are products

Then why are 90% of Sup Forums threads shitposting

>mad because you never outgrew children's toys, and now want them to be discussed next to art for adults.

Those aren't inherently art, nigger.

>videogames are products
So are movies, books and albums.

How fucking dare you label me? You don't even know me. You probably didn't even read my post.

Never reply to me or my posts ever again.

OP from this thread here, I'm 3/4 baiting
but really I want the weeb from last thread to come back, he was entertaining as fuck

Shhh. Just, ssshhhhh.

We all know Trouser Snake, or Big Balls, AKA The Man Who Fucked the World, shows signs of autism.

this tbqh famalamo

This isn't shitposting were discussing our favorite video game soundtracks.

To be honest I don't like the excessive motions of Donna Burke in the singing of the MGSV:TPP soundtracks (literal physical motions) and I don't think they should have casted her again, Sins of the Father dissapointed me.

>anime picture
You just won a one way ticket to ignoreville

(you)

Haha, wow! Sup Forumsiral Diseasers have actually, with absolute fucking sincerity, gone too far! Wow! And y'know, I wouldn't mind you people if you simply stuck to "discussing" such vapid, music on appropriately mainstream websites, but you don't! You come here, HERE, to Sup Forums to vicariously satisfy you ill-conceived desire to be counter-culture! You come here so you can feel as though you're on the "bleeding, cutting edge" of culture and society, all while doing appreciating nothing, doing nothing, and holistically resembling nothing novel and removed from mainstream culture! In every aspect of your existence, you epitomize cultural, societal normalcy, yet you come here, force your bullshit, vapid and media social media and meme driven tastes until everyone with the faintest sense of novelty or taste has no choice but to leave!
Haha! You people have absolutely, actively DESTROYED what made Sup Forums 4chan, yet to vicariously satisfy your BULLSHIT, ILL-CONCEIVED desire to be counter-culture cling to this idea that this place is "cutting edge," and "counter-culture," despite the fact that it's you normal, vapid and posturing CUNTS that have absolutely RUINED that aspect of this cite.
We are NOT counter-culture anymore, BECAUSE OF YOU.
We are NOT cutting edge anymore, BECAUSE OF YOU.
We are NOT contrary, obscure and noninclusive anymore, BECAUSE OF YOU.
NOW, we sit comfortably and safely on the periphery of faux obscurity, adequately complimented by the likes of Pitchfork, Anthony Fucking Fantano, and Noisey in every aspect and judgement.
You people, you NORMIES, have actively RUINED WHAT GREATNESS THIS PLACE ONCE WIELDED.
WELL DONE
WELL DONE
NO SERIOUSLY WELLFUCKING DNE ARE YOU HAPPY? ARE YOU? WHAT IS FUFUCKING WRONG WITH YOU PIECES OF SHIT? WHY DO YOU NEED TO BE INCLUDED INTO EVERYTHINT? DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT WE'RE HERE BECAUSE YOU REJECTED US FIRST AND FOREMOST? FUCK

I have barely played andy games in the last 2 games you dumb nigger, but if you deny you arre art you are fucking retarded

Video games aren't children's toys.

>>>/Reddit/

vidya music is bigger than movie soundtracks atm you old fart

>video game music doesn't use music theory

Is this nigga serious?

Wow, you just went full retard

What's the musical equivalent of Touhou? It must be something more significant than the last century of modern art.

not all movies or books are trying to be artistic
videogames can't be artistic, it's different

this is a great thread.....no,

an AMAZING thread

Touhou soundtracks

>videogames can't be artistic
Jesus you are fucking stupid

Movies and books can't be artistic, it's different.

>Video games aren't children's toys.
w/e you say

try to counter-argue, Sup Forumsermin
even better, come up with a cogent, consistent argument for why le vidya should be considered art

lol look at her

shut the fuck up when you dont know what you are talking about thank you
>2011+5
>Not comparing World of Warcraft to Mona Lisa

I haven't seen this pasta before guess I need to cross board shitpost harder.

>can't be artistic
And so it is that Ash seeketh Embers.

try to counter-argue, hipster
even better, come up with a cogent, consistent argument for why video games shouldn't be considered art

Or just kill yourself grandpa

It's funny you say that because toymaking is a graphic art

I'm simply stating a fact.

i'm good, i don't listen to vaporwave

>videogames
>art

i'm good, i don't listen to vaporwave

>this is considered art but games are not

not really, considering video games are made for children

Yes.

>le maymay arrow and hilarious reaction image post
Good job proving you have no argument, fucking idiot

>hey user, i just found out people are actually balloons
>prove it
>prove they aren't #REKT #IFailedLogic101 #antiartcrew

What's the artistic merit of this 3D render of a kneeling knight?

You know that's worth one million dollars, right?

lmao!

lmao stop acting so insecure you idiot

They aren't. Some of them are. But then again some movies and books are made for children too.

lmao

>inherently art
>inherently

stop using words you don't know about

is a tickle me elmo doll art too?

youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI

>le epic alt-right roast like subscribe and share fellow Sup Forumssters!!!

It has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Yes, so are all of Jim's Henson's puppets.

is that youtube video art?

is a wicker chair stocked three aisles over from the tickle me elmo doll art?

extended Sup Forums peasant casual pleb spoonfeed edition :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=sN9iJCZ5Il8
youtube.com/watch?v=5tMtV5p0s4E

The thing with games is that people look for their artistic value in all the wrong places. Games are not music, they are not movies, and they aren't literature either. I'd like to compare a good game to a good painting or photograph. In a good photo the viewer's eye is led by the photographer through the composition of the painting. In a similar way, a game is a communication process between developer and player. I'm not talking about cutscenes here and also not about in game text. I'm talking about level design, the establishment of the rules of the game, difficulty curve, graphics and sound (in the way what they communicate to the player and how clear / unclear they are). Things that are exclusive to the context of a game. This is where artistic value can be created, not by "being like a movie" or "having a great soundtrack". In other words fuck heavy rain, all hail TETRIS.

It was from when that Ariana Grande LP came out. Some dude made that text.

A tickle me emo combines both sound and visual art.

Before each toy is made, a draft is drawn out detailing the concept
youtube.com/watch?v=w5KRawOXy4U

How "bad" and "good" it is depends on perspective, which is definitely objective by the way, quality depends on the artists and the toy companies.

>i'm good, i don't listen to vaporwave

doom is the definitive game, though

I don't give a fuck
I like videogame music on occasion but if you exclusively listen to it and consider yourself a music fan you are literally autistic.

A friend of mine has over a TB of touhou/touhou inspired music
It frightens me

I see the anti Ferraro squad has arrived :^)

>cherrypicking
>thinks art should just be complexity
>doesn't understand concept
>promotes pleasing visuals and aesthetics as long as he likes the work, everything else is just about being deep
>thinks beauty can not emerge from randomness despite nature doing it all the time
This guy is a complete wanker and anyone who agrees with him is fucking dumb.

ITT: old angry fucks that need to get with the times

i dont give a fuck either
if a baby says stop liking what i dont like online i tell him to kill himself. switch your diaper to a pair of balls and try replying again shitster faggot :^)

>didn't answer my question
so a wicker chair is art?

>A friend of mine has over a TB of touhou/touhou inspired music
My music folder isn't even that big, I've got a few hundred albums in here at the least.