Holy shit this is easily better than Pet Sounds

holy shit this is easily better than Pet Sounds

why is Sup Forums so contrarian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h9kgu71d81U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no. its really not.

They like Pet Sounds more because "muh influence" even though Abbey Road is the better album.

reminder that the worst beatle album (beatles for sale) would be the third best beach boys album

It is, though.

Gay

>pet sounds
>good

How anyone could like Abbey Road, or even have the audacity to rate it higher than other albums of theirs, is beyond me

what people mean when they say contrarian:
>i have bland taste

What the fuck? Abbey Road is not only a 10/10 swan song and the best ending to the best band ever, but also a literally perfect album. The only weak spot is Maxwell's Silver Hammer and it still isn't a bad song.

yeah right a bunch of half baked songs with a clever little ending does not make it better then Pet sounds, atleast George and Ringo pulled their weight on this one.

what people mean when they say contrarian:
>Said music is rated over other music because of it's lower popularity

>implying pet sounds is obscure
Most academics unanimously agree it's one of the greatest albums ever

>here cums the sun
EW, EW, EW, EWWWWWWWWWW!!!

>Most academics
yeah, but got out to the street and ask 100 people if they know what it is, you'd get better results with Abbey Road
shit taste

better then every mccartney song on the album

>implying half the medley songs aren't meh at best

I knew you were going to say that
Do you really think random people on the street have any worthy opinions on music?
Remember the Scaruffi copypasta, user

It's a medley, what matters is how good they work together.

>implying this doesnt shit on any other album of the 60s
lel

I'm not implying pet sounds is obscure, just that it is less popular with average people than abbey road

Its a great lighthearted album but the feels and orchestration on pet sounds are heavy mang. revolver is definitely better though

Again, my point in still remains

when talking about obscurity you have to include all people, not just who you hand pick, of course music critics know what Pet Sounds is holy shit

Scaruffi is a contrarian who cares more about how his ratings and opinions make him look than about being honest

Reminder that Scaruffi gave a 7 to both Abbey Road and Pet Sounds.

this

I don't base my opinions off of what critics say

best argument I've ever seen

>not octopus's garden

He also lowered Revolver because Beatles fans hurt his feelings.

If by better, you mean unfocused and inconsistent, you would be right.

is the artwork to this a reference to Ringo being 3" shorter than all the other Beatles?

Octopus's Garden is Ringo's best song. Reminder that he "blessed" us with pieces of shit like What Goes On and Don't Pass Me By.

Probably more of a reference that no one cares about him

i think you're confusing Abbey Road and The White Album, only inconsistent part of the album is the fact that it ends with Her Majesty and not with The End

Her Majesty is a hidden track though, it doesn't count.

>Ringo's best song

Everything about What Goes On was absolutely based except for Ringo's singing

I agree, the white album sounds more like a collection of songs than a coherent album

Also the guitar playing by George is great on that song. Another great thing about Abbey Road is that every member got to stand out for once.

Well your view of obscurity is pretty fucking odd, considering that many critics know about it, you act like it's something nobody's ever heard of
Normally that seems good, but since you like the beatles it spells out some glaring problems

And yet it was still shit

White Album > Revolver > Abbey Road > Rubber Soul > Magical Mystery Tour > Everything else >>>>>>>>> Sgt. Pepper

The White Album is worse tbhonestò senpaitachi but Abbey Road isn't as clear as Pet Sounds.

Ringo is actually great as a drummer, and only idiots who want to meme hard don't realize this.

i never said Pet Sounds is obscure, im not the person you originally replied to btw. Less people know about Pet Sounds than about Abbey Road, and im not sure why you're even arguing against that, it's very obviously true

Smiley Smile is years ahead of Abbey Road.

>Rubber Soul and Revolver better than Sgt. Peppers
>implying anything else they made before compares to it
wtf

Ringo is a DECENT drummer. There's fuckloads that were way better than him

Nobody is saying pet sounds is obscure. The point is that it is less known to average people than abbey road

Revolver is a lot more interesting than Sgt. Pepper's 2bh.

>Sgt. Pepper
>Anything other than Boomer wankery

Literally the most pretentious fucking thing in 1967, and they had to compete with Lou Reed and Jim Morrison for fuck's sake.

I can't be the only person who thinks when it comes to the Beatles/Stones/Beach boys that all their pre 1967 shit is the best? Maybe not lyrically, but I'm not so much of a faggot that lyrics have to be 2dep4me to like the song

The entire thing with Ringo is that he's a consistent drummer. He's not showoff-y and he plays just in the right time for the band. He's perfect for the band since all they really wanted to do was experiment and make pop music.

put pepper 4th and the white album 5th then you've got it right

>easily better than Pet Sounds

Based on what?
Influence? Theory? Aesthetics?
Because Pet Sounds is better than Abbey Road in all categories. The only song that compares would be Something.

Yeah but that doesn't necessarily make him a great drummer. Just completely average.

i didn't say anything about his drumming skills senpai

everything post-sgt. pepper is a let down for me , not implying that pepper is my favorite

>here comes the sun
>come together
>you never give me your money
>octopus's garden
>because
>something
>Paul's songs at the end

why is it even a discussion?

abbey road > pet sounds

Well everyone seemed to continue the idea, or at least tried to play into the idea that it was,

I know both sides don't think it's obscure, that wasn't my point
What I'm meaning is that it's not entirely unfounded, but this is a pointless argument in the first place

Their best pop shit is arguably. Rain, I Feel Fine, Words of Love, Please Please Me, We Can Work It Out. All GOAT. Albums have a lot of filler though.

>There's fuckloads that were way better than him

That's not the point. Go start a thread about Dream Theater or whatever 14 year old metalkids like now you insufferable faggot.

I guess it's about personal taste, really. I don't mind 'average' drummers, a lot of drummers nowadays can do such outlandish things that drummers keeping in a beat like Ringo or Tommy Ramone seem to be rarer and rarer.

I Want You (She's So Heavy) is the only good song on that album and better than all of Pet Sounds.

>This old article by Piero Scaruffi has won several international awards as the most professional analysis of the career of pop group the Beatles ever written.
>doesn't list any of the international awards he "received"

Is this real?

Yeah, his rating prior to the backlash was 6 or 7, now I think it's 5. The screenshot gets posted here from time to time.

>>here comes the sun
Decent jingle. Wouldn't it Be Nice and That's not Me are better pop songs.

>>come together
Le 12 bar blues

>you never give me your money
Hahah what? Are you legit? How is it any better than I Just Wasn't Made for This Times?
>octopus's garden
So you're not legit?

>something
Only comparable song.

>because
Sure, it's good.

Definitely aged better for one, it just sounds more interesting to me. I have the urge to come back to Abbey Road way more than to Pet Sounds, and I listen to individual songs from Abbey Road way more often than from Pet Sounds. like said, Abbey Road is just full of great songs, I mean fucking Come Together, Something, and I Want You, nothing on Pet Sounds on that level. Not saying Pet Sounds is bad, I think it's great record, some superb arrangements and harmonies, but it got worse with re-listens for me (blew my mind the first time I heard it). But as time goes on and I listen to these two records more and more it becomes increasingly clear that Abbey Road is the better album, at least for me it is

Let's Go Away for Awhile trumps anything in Abbey Road. Actually, how anyone can think AR is better than Pet Sounds is baffling. Have you even heard it?

Abbey Road is more influential but Pet Sounds is artistically superior t b q h wiff u famiry.

The Beach Boys could have never made anything remotely similar to The White Album, their creativity in a collective basis was just never there, no attitude, no charisma, no eclecticism.

That can be applied to the second half of Abbey Road, they peaked when they were having the most fun.

literal easy listening lounge music

ITT: reddit

Abbey Road didn't influence anyone?

>opinions that I don't like are reddit
Most reddit post of the year

>I have the urge to come back to Abbey Road way more than to Pet Sounds

This isn't much of an argument, I have the urge to listen to Pet Sounds an individual songs faaar more than AR. The only bearable ones for me are Something and Because.
>fucking Come Together
It's literally a generic blues song, nothing special about it.

>nothing on Pet Sounds on that level.
Let's Gk Away for Awhile, Don't Talk, I Just Wasn't Made for These Times and That's Not Me are better than anything in Abbey Road.

trips of truth

Finally a non-pleb opinion ITT.

Liking the beatles is enough to out yourself as reddit.
I guess you're mad because you got found out?

You forgot to end your post with kappa, faggot

>their creativity in a collective basis was just never there, no attitude, no charisma, no eclecticism.

>has never heard Smiley Smile
Apart from Revolution 9 and I Am the Walrus, the Beatles never made anything as particularly odd or "eclectic" like Smiley Smile.

m8 they're the fucking beatles, they don't belong to reddit, don't take websites too seriously, is my dad reddit too?

>le w4cky weed high pitched vocals
>odd or eclectic

>anything that's not my opinion is le troll
See i can do the same
>Is my dad reddit too?
Might explain why you're so useless

>>has never heard Smiley Smile

>criticizing the Beach Boys as "weedy" while defending the fucking Beatles

I said that because only redditors unironically say kappa, didnt even know the meaning, no surprise that you do tho lmao.

how could i criticize the high pitched vocals from smiley if i havent heard smiley smile?

kill yourself, las

Had to search it up on google
I don't keep on memes, too busy fucking bitches

Shouldn't you be discussing this on some facebook music page?

I am the facebook

>Yeah, his rating prior to the backlash was 6 or 7, now I think it's 5. The screenshot gets posted here from time to time.
I figured something was up. Of all the edgy scores on that page that's the edgiest; Revolver is probably the current consensus GOAT album if there is one.

Which fucking high pitched voices are you even talking about? Give me a damn example, i've heard SS a billion times and there are no high pitched (at least anything higher than the fuckinng beatles have done). If anything you're talking about Smile, not smiley smile.

>beetles
>good

Enjoy your elementary school tier sing along songs

I bet he's talking about She's Going Bald, but that's fucking stupid. The Beatles delt with voice distortion too and it's only one song in the entirety of te album.

Guys was yoko really shit at singing or is that just a meme

I wouldn't even call it singing. She just yelled and yodeled. youtube it for yourself

judge for yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=h9kgu71d81U

>reddit

you're an awpsawp

>Chuck's face at 21
pure rage