/Grimes General/

Discuss about the lovely Claire Elise Boucher aka Grimes.

vimeo.com/164942263
bbc.co.uk/events/ewcj5v/live/c9xj3d

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yQnjNOWd1sI
youtube.com/watch?v=ldz-a3b4-cU
youtu.be/fINw8LE3MZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=2_Vp1OoIdAc
youtube.com/watch?v=8Rt_K4FXEx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please do not say mean things about Grimes in this thread. Thank you.

>i "fucked" claire at a european festival during her first tour for visions ama

what did he mean by this

I need some information about her harsh noise record

i am so jealous of her life

is this the new hammer meme?

cause if so, I approve

suck a pen89

I prefer the ratatouille memepasta a lot more, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. or pic related

The grath ith alwayth greener on the other thide, user.

>those people who got so close to queen and don't even know it

the fools

Show was great, better than coachella.

>Suck a pen15
Just imagine Claire saying it loud... Damn.

waiting for spacegenesis to deliver

I wonder if thats a real fur coat.

l e w d
e
w
d

that'll do it for the user that wanted ass pics

what's the point of her intro tracks?
her openers are really weak

Knew someone would grab that...hahaha

Why?

hey spacegenesis if you could stop masturbating to stills of the stream and actually upload it it would be great

>BBC

That's me lol

while we wait for spacegenesis to upload the stream let's post non-grimes music we like, last time I did this I got some great recs

youtube.com/watch?v=yQnjNOWd1sI

what a comfy lifestyle she has!

dream girl living the dream

y'all need a life asap

>shoes in bed

is that teddy next to that totoro plushie?

>telling people to get a life
>is on Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=ldz-a3b4-cU

i dont want a life

youtu.be/fINw8LE3MZ4

youtube.com/watch?v=2_Vp1OoIdAc

this pic is my soul

Do you think she can understand what's written in the book?

she speaks russian, so im gonna say yes

Her Russian isn't very advanced though. That book looks pretty tough to read. Dr Zhivago was strain in English, let alone in your second language.

I'd hit her with a [spoiler]__bat_[/spoiler]

I don't want to be "that" guy, but it looks like she's put on a bit of weight here. Which is good.

im sure someone who read dune and lotr in elementary school won't let a tough read stand between them and a book

I like Cranes because the singer reminds me of Grimes
youtube.com/watch?v=8Rt_K4FXEx0

Oh wow she read lotr in elementary school.... You must be stupid if you think that's huge.

I've been listening to her old last.fm account songs, most songs are breddy good

you sound like the kind of nerd who gets offended when someone says they like jimmy j's works

also she likes mf doom she had some madvillainy songs around there

>Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. It is difficult to imagine more humble origins than those of the genius now making music as Grimes, who is, in this critic’s opinion, nothing less than the finest musician in Canada. I will be returning to her live shows soon, hungry for more.

YAS

SLAAAY

I wish she wasn't canadian. why do they deserve her?

Canada is full of nice people. They deserve her.

Nice music for nice people?

ugh

remember to be excellent to grimes or else she'll come for you and punch you in the face

>Teenage Boucher’s obsessions ranged from space travel, to the twelfth-century composer Abbess Hildegard von Bingen, to Russian existentialist lit. She crushed so hard on Dostoyevsky that she even flew to St. Petersburg to attend an intensive Russian immersion.

>But as with Grimes’ music, Boucher preferred autodidactism. Garossino recalls hearing Boucher teach one of Chopin’s nocturnes to herself, bar by bar. But only through the wall—at the time, Boucher had too much stage fright to even play the piano in front of her mother.

>“Something that people don't understand about Claire is her searing intellect and focus,” Garossino said. “Whenever you think you've figured her out, she's already three moves ahead. Things are never what they seem.”

>Her mother related how at McGill, the wunderkind wanted to take physics, but couldn’t stand introductory courses. Instead, Boucher entered higher-level classes and studied the prerequisite material at the same time. “She would nearly kill herself studying—surviving on almost no sleep for weeks at a time.”

>“And that's how she makes music today. In long, solitary blasts of blistering intensity.”

I too love grimes she is so cute and so quirky!

Exactly.

Grimes fans are mostly nice people. I consider most of them my friends.

obscure

That's Miley Cyrus, bro.

ok fellow grimefriends out of love of our lord and waifu grimes I will dump my grimes folder :^)

what are you fav grimes moments?

for me it has to be "say something voidimir!!! say something!!" or the sample of her cat meowing in 'swan song'.

my favourite grimethy(

Super based Grimes:

>Do you wonder about the person who’s coming out the other side of the Grimes experience? How did 2012 change you?

>There’s a psychology to success. I was reading all these biographies and watching documentaries about people who are successful. It seemed like the only thread amongst everybody is that unflinching, “Yes, I can do this and I am the best.” It’s a personal rhetoric that you can develop. Like, if you go and tell journalists, “I’m the future of music,” then people start printing that. So I’m just going to tell everyone I’m making the future of music. I’M GOING TO FORCE THE SITUATION TO HAPPEN.

Remember when she dropped the f-bomb live on Canadian TV during an award show?