Greed< Holy Money < Cop < Filth

Greed< Holy Money < Cop < Filth

Replace filth with cop and it's perfect

Whoa! A thread about Swans??!? Never seen them discussed here!!!

>filth better than cop
Literally how

Cop>greed>holy money>filth
not even trying to be contrarian

Greed is not that great m8
It's literally a poor man's holy money

Not him, but nobody is going to take that as a legitimate criticism

theyre really similar. I just listened to them both for the first time about a week ago 2bdesuh I really should get around to researching them because I dont know about da history. also Im really high so

Public Castration is a Good Idea>everything else

Alright
It's the weakest swans album in history right before Burning World
Happy

Filth, Cop, and Greed sound the same to me desu.

Filth and Cop don't sound very alike at all.

No, because there's nothing objective about that statement. You've not supported your opinion, only given it. And what is the point of that, nobody will be so much as made to think

Soundtracks > Cop > Public Castration >>>>>> all the other stuff

>Soundtracks >
Take it back
I've listened to this damn album multiple times for many years and I don't see what Sup Forums likes about it
Most tracks are instrumental
Those instrumental tracks are mostly drone/noise and just eerie
Its great for a long drive at night or calling asleep with the intention of having nightmares but not much else

The actual few solid tracks feel very flat because Gira handled mostly everything since the band broke up at the time

I just don't see it

its just a super ambitious, haunting album with crazy diversity. its gira truly flexing his muscles. its also the most emotionally moving, for me. the burning world is so trite compared to something as beautiful as "how they suffer" or "helpless child".

they don't feel flat at all. most of the stuff is actually from live shows and gira sure as shit isn't doing everything himself there.

I mean yeah for a double album there are like 8 Great songs but the rest are mediocre or too long and droney

Cop > Filth > Holy Money > Greed

Never was much for the latter 2. I mean, they're better than Burning World but not by much.

behave yourself, it all bleeds together into a whole. the first side in particular is wall-to-wall great tracks

When you're depressed or you hit a low in your life, like struggling to pay bills or don't have a place a sleep or a piece of shit filth cop gives you shit, those albums start to make more sense

I just don't understand why it's so highly regarded on Sup Forums
There are plenty of albums that are better
Even swans are dead

this

if your head wasn't spinning by the time you reach volcano then I don't know what to say, man. that album is just a mad, awe-inducing journey.

I believe you made the initial claim that Greed was good. Care to back that?

Find one more album that does SFTB as well as that album does. Maybe for Swans, you can make the argument that Swans Are Dead does it, but Swans Are Dead lacks the variety of timbres explored in SFTB.

Then one can say that the plunderphonics genre puts so many samples and loops together it's sure to have done SFTB in a crazier way, but nobody within that genre layers things like SFTB does.

SFTB is a very unique album in that the drone is composed of so many different sounds throughout the entire 2 hr 20 minute experience that it is at once ambitious and also just very nuanced.

It's like putting together the arrangements of Pet Sounds era Beach Boys with a bunch of instruments leading to a bunch of different sounds and putting it together with the droney music that The Velvet Underground was messing with.

SFTB in that manner is a textural and timbral masterpiece, and every track is important because each one explores a different set of sounds making a different music texture from each one. I won't lie that some tracks don't work individually, but they aren't meant to most of the tracks are nothing like songs. It takes full advantage of the album structure that way in ways concept albums centered around songs like OK Computer or many of the old prog greats don't.

Oh and I forgot to reply to this one. I am not that other guy, but...as much as I agree with what you say, I prefer Public Castration for moments like that. During my low times that album just hit me harder especially since I kinda stopped caring/feeling much so playing it on max volume would be among the few musical things that affected me.

I guess my problem is I love prog but I hate drone

I couldn't listen to sun o))) if I tried

Are people actually arguing about rape music itt?

YOU'RE A HIGH MAN

I like Holy Money because A Hanging is a pretty great way to start it