Fuck you to whoever who does this on Soulseek?

Fuck you to whoever who does this on Soulseek?

elephantman dies

Question: my computer has my full name in the file path, e.g. C:\Users\Eric Smith\Desktop

Are users able to see the full pathway? (Eric isn't my name, and my name is pretty unique)

Ha. You probably have shit shares. I rarely get file not shared on soulseek, even if I'm downloading something huge.

only if the folder you're sharing is eric smith, if it's desktop you're fine

Thanks. I never shared (much) due to being paranoid. Another question I have is if you request a file list does it ask the uploader and they have to manually accept or does it let you browse automatically?

Like I said I rarely share stuff (shit IP) and no one usually seems to mind.

i have an extremely shitty download/upload speed and i still share everything
people rarely ever download from me anyway lmao

Well if you're not going to give back to the community you're gonna have to deal with this shit and you seriously have no right to complain.

It's the thought that counts and even if you get the odd download where you're the only person available with an album, that makes your presence worthwhile.

Did you ever get to know extremely trusted sources on soulseek?

yeah I made a few friends and share mutually
try it

you made friends on the chats?

>trusted sources
as opposed to untrustworthy? i've downloaded upwards of 300gb and never got a spyware or shit like that

>Find album on slsk
>1450 D/L speed
>right click download folder
>check back 10 minutes later
>the user has their whole library in that one folder
>currently on 0035 - musicartist.mp3
>folder is at that point at 600mb
>have to manually abort every download

Who does this? is there any way to abort everything at once? I've tried blocking the user, restarting the computer etc, but the downloads just keep on coming

I mean I've got some times albums with error or I don't know what or wrong tack lenghts. Not that it really bothers me too much but resolving this and knowing people too would be interesting.

A simple trick is to check what you are donloading before doing it

>is there any way to abort everything at once?

ctrl + a
delete

I do that to faggots who never upload anything

But only 30 or so are downloading at once, and new ones appear as soon I abort the active ones. I'd rather not download everything and delete afterwards.
Well, yes. I know that now, but with some folders it's hard to tell

>i have an extremely shitty download/upload speed and i still share everything
This
My upload speed is 30kbps, users still download about 10 albums from me everyday.

>But only 30 or so are downloading at once, and new ones appear as soon I abort the active ones.
Haha wow, that sucks. I've never had this problem but you may be able to find some way of stopping them all browsing the guy's folders but you may just need to suck it up, abort as many of them as you can manually in groups of 30 and delete the rest.

ask the user to unshare from you

alternatively, try logging in with another username. don't know if that would work though.

fuck you i still havent watched it

A question: what happens to the guy that was downloading my stuff if I co the "clear aborted" thing?

yes

if it aborted by accident he'll have to go buy back and redownload that specific track but otherwise it does nothing

>using what.cd when soulseek exists

thanks for the info

Search for files you want, add person you want to download from, THEN download their files while they browse you and think you're sharing with them, download finishes, remove them from userlist lol

How is soulseek so good
Like ive only seen it mentioned on Sup Forums
But its better than like everything else

I once saw some guy jokingly refer to Soulseek as the next thing when Nintendo announced Napster on Wii U.

>using mac
>being Australian

There's your problem

nah i share thousands of albums and i still see stuff that's not shared, though if i ask the user they usually let me have it

You deserve it for using apple products t b h

The other user lied to you

Yes, users will see the full pathway. Make another drive for your music or they will know your name.

This
I have used wcd more for non-music than music

Of course a tripfag would do this

You're probably sharing industrial/neofolk/black metal or something. People are that retarded.