Steam Powered Giraffe

I've almost finished my Animal Collective discography binge since finding them a couple of months ago, and this band has really caught my eye. Curious to see others thoughts on them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ojYK6CW8gdw
youtube.com/watch?v=5AHhoaG84ew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pretty good stuff you should check out the song the avalanches - frankie sinatra
it will get you primed for some SPG

Yea, they're pretty good. I'd recommend Seinfeld theme for you, they have the same kind of wibe if you know what I mean.

Genuinely not bait :')

This is what I picture reddit as if reddit was a band. Does reddit worship them? I am one of the few left on this site who doesn't use both so I have no idea.

AAAHH FRANKIE SINATRA

Great band. Great aesthetic. Reminds me of Kraftwerk in their conceptual approach.

Their covers of top 40 songs are legitimately amazing. Gave me an appreciation for shit pop songs that I didn't even consider real music before.

>you didn't have to say me name
>ignite my circuits
>start a flame
>but you did

>set me free my honeybee

The harmonies and sheer emotion "Honeybee" evokes is only comparable to that of the Beach Boys during their prime. It's truly a modern day musical masterpiece and will surely be remembered as a classic for years to come.

basically the wiggles for autistic nerds

They're like Cardiacs but actually good

>This thread was actually made and gained replies

devo are the steam powered giraffe from the 70s

Lol they wish. SPG's aesthetic is better thought out and more unified

Stop shitposting

Rabbit is now called Bunny.

the difference is that devo were just having fun with it. spg are trying so god damn hard that its cringe worthy.

spg don't even have a good aesthetic, it's thought out and still gaudy af

>she

JUST

Hate on the trans all you want, of all the people in that photo far right is the one I'd be least avoiding having a conversation with

Admit it fags, this is genuine a good song if you ignore their aesthetic and the lyrics

youtube.com/watch?v=ojYK6CW8gdw

youtube.com/watch?v=5AHhoaG84ew
>the cringe is real

In all honesty they all look pretty douchey

I tried to look past the aesthetic, its whatever. but I fuckin hate this shit yo

That time we tried to get Lil B to play that MTV or Grammy(?) awards show, but was removed in favor of SPF.

Are you proud of not using reddit?

I really dig some spg their only good album is vice quadrant, but they have since decent tracks outside of that, eg out in the rain from album one

reply to this comment for no reason at all xD