Reminder that AnCo is better than the Beach Boys

Reminder that AnCo is better than the Beach Boys.

Person Pitch is, but no AnCo album is better than Pet Sounds or Smile (no, not even STGSTV)

CHz is better than pet sounds but not Smile Sessions

Person Pitch for sure is among the GOAT of psych music so if one enjoys psychedelic music a lot like Scaruffi it's no surprise considering that rating.

That being said, Scaruffi's total ignorance on the impact of how production is done by Wilson on Pet Sounds and George Martin on later Beatles albums not only shows how little he knows of music, but makes his whole "I am a music historian" shit that much more laughable.

>CHz is better than pet sounds
lmao

Their studio didn't even know what Brian Wilson gave them so they just went the safe route and made sloop John b their first single. The harmonies alone in pet sounds destroy anything on person pitch. It's the closet thing to Pet sounds, but it's not all that similar as people make it out to be and it definitely isn't a amazingly perfect or ground breaking.

I honestly think Person Pitch will go down as one of the great albums of all time

Scaruffi and Sup Forums only likes it because it is less popular and less musically complex than Pet Sounds.

>AnCo

I think you meant to say Panda.

>scaruffi
>understanding pop music ever

tsk tsk tsk

>CHz is better than pet sounds

I've always known this. I feel like a lot of the Beach Boys' acclaim comes from people wanting to like the Beatles but not wanting to.

True

stop projecting

I'm not, I actually like the Beach Boys and the Beatles about the same, but neither of those bands have done anything as remotely as good as Here Comes the Indian or Feels. I also think the Beach Boys/Animal Collective comparison is really fucking stupid, unless you've only heard Merriweather Post Pavilion. I also think it's kind of annoying when people act like everything the Beach Boys did sounds like Pet Sounds and SMiLE.

Nah man, scaruffi gave STGSTV a 7.5

Person Pitch isn't even similar to Pet Sounds at all, other than the way Noah sings.

Seriously? You don't see any other parallels?

so is Van Dyke Parks

anco is 65% avey tare and 20% archaeologist, try again

I think this misattribution is par for the course amongst newkin when the summer-poppy MPP is the Sup Forumscore AnCo album juxtaposed with Pet Sounds.