Guys, I don't get it

Guys, I don't get it.

I've got a lot of great recommendations and found a lot of great albums from Sup Forums, but this one, I just don't get it.

The instrumentation is so dominated by the drums, aside from that I feel like there isn't anything that entices me or that I am enjoying.

And the vocals, they seem so non-descript and are having no impact on me.

I'm not dissing the album, or saying it's bad, i'm just diappointed I couldn't enjoy it.

Is there any point me checking out Future Days and Tago Mago? Or is me loving Can a lost cause based on what i've said?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0n1TshOKMs
youtube.com/watch?v=-ICsoINapqs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What instrument do you play?

Huh? Guitar, why?

Just keep listening to it until you love it. Don't stop until it happens.

I like ege bamyasi a lot but I do think it is the worst out of the three big can albums. You should try listening to tago mago.

This is one of my personal 10/10s and my favorite Can album. I don't think it's their "best" per say, but it is my personal favorite. Something about it just draws me in, it's hard to explain.

Can this be a Can thread? Is Soon Over Babaluma their most underrated album?

Try Tago Mago and then come back to Ege, I basically had the same experience as you and now I like both

You need to listen with good headphones and your full undivided attention. You have to listen to every detail. Trust me. It's a fuckin amazing album. 10/10 band

Dont listen to stuff like this. Have you ever considered that you might just not like it? Dont fall into the mu trap of believing you either love something or its trash. You might just not like it

if you're determined to give can a chance, go for tago mago. might make a lot more sense for you.

dude I fucking love drums. especially the Can drummer's style……always wishing the rhythm section would constantly be louder in the music I listen to. there's such a bias toward the "lead guitar" and "lead vocal". as for the album, I do wish certain songs would be "tighter" a la "Vitamin C"…..the jams can get tiresome if they don't progress

I find i need to listen to an album twice before I like it. Pretty much all of my favorite albums i thought were meh upon first listening.

Thanks for some good words and advice.

saw delight is

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0n1TshOKMs

Try Monster Movie or Future Days.
Tago Mago is really out there, it's a somewhat daunting album and I'm surprised how often it gets rec'd here.

Listen to soundtracks. i feel thats their simplest work. if you dont like that album then you probly wont like the band

I like Tago Mago way more than Ege Bamyasi, although Ege Bamyasi is excellent, it took me longer to get into.

The thing with golden era Can is that their drummer, Jakie Lebitz (probably butchered the spelling) was a top jazz drummer at the time, and in Can he basically played drums like it were a lead instrument. Hell, "Vitamin C" is still sampled in hip hop tracks to this day. That and the vocals, which are meant to be word-salad half nonsense, and should be taken in as another phonetic piece, not an actual verbal narrative in any sense of the word.

I'd say go listen to Tago Mago, which is more trance funk (also 10/10), then come back the jazzier Ege Bamyasi.

Future Days is also phenomenal, but very different. More ambient a'la Air or Sigur Ros, until these awesome proggy builds sneak up on you, without breaking the chill vibe. Very good, but different.

Not a bad call. Monster Movie is great proggy garage rock, but decidedly different...a good starting point.

No matter what Sup Forumstants claim Can is NOT an entry level band, you need to be patient, especially if you don't listen to a lot of psych or jazz, but if you put in the time you'll be rewarded with one of the most satisfying bands pretty much anywhere.

As a guitar player check out Soundtracks. Specifically "Mother Sky:" youtube.com/watch?v=-ICsoINapqs
This one is pretty guitar forward and may grab you better than Ege Bamyasi.

can is p entry level

not him but could you provide some adv level bands?