Great guitar skills

>great guitar skills
>great songwriting
>great vocal range
>great production skills (dem reverse guitars)
>catchy hooks
>has a discography that is influenced by many genres and subgenres
>oh and he was in RHCP

Why aren't any of his albums Sup Forumscore?

>oh and he was in RHCP
this is the reason

because dav navarro made better music with RHCP

Because RHCP are terrible.

not an argument

Sup Forums as a hivemind likes his solo stuff. RHCP with Frusciante are based

but it's true, most people here despise RHCP and that's the reason frusciante isn't popular here

what does niandra lades mean

I fucking love you John

He writes music with Aaron Funk of Venetian Snares now

oh, they have an EP, definitely gonna check that one out

Pic related is top 3 of the 90s. Shame he hit the hammer so hard would of been interesting to see how RHCP would of ended up.

Sshhhhhhh

Nobody who likes John wants him to be Sup Forumscore because then there would be tons of shitty meme threads about him, shitposting, etc. As it is now there are good threads up discussing him every once in a while that are usually pretty productive and have decent discussion.

wrong Frusciante threads were quite popular before , a lot of people here love Frusciante's solo records. I do.

Irrelevant

"great guitar skills"
all i need to hear, fuckign guitar wankers

>wanker
frusciante is one of the most tasteful and spartan players out there

he's a bit too heroin addict-y for mass appeal. I mean, the dude goes on stage with 3 day beard scruff and a dirty polo shirt

This

Niandra is seen pretty well here

I mean not most people. Some people. And the only reason that is true is because Sup Forums if full with hipster contrarian faggots.

Whats your favourite album?
Mine is probably Inside of Emptiness, because its probably the simplest and shortest, can listen to it in any mood although A Firm Kick and Scratches are some emotionaly heavy songs. Other favourite is Curtains.

John is god is love is barney. Amen

To Record Only Water for Ten Days probably takes the cake, but I can appreciate his every album before 2010's.

Fav songs: Smile From The Streets You Hold (amazing lo-fi track) and Ramparts (it's like a warm breeze compressed into 1 minute track)

Good question.

Frusciante is fuck gr8. My only bet would be that his involvement with RHCP hurts his credibility around here (nevermind that they're one of the best top-40 rock bands of the past 20 years - they aren't Radiohead so nobody here cares). That and his music is very emotional and indulgent, similar to Spiritualized, but with fewer layers and somewhat simpler composition.

Tough choice, The Empyrean was the most mind-blowing first listen I've ever had when I first found out about John several years ago, so I'd say that's still my favorite.

Curtains is fantastic, as is To Record Only Water. Honestly I love Shadows Collide With People, so that's probably my favorite.

Empyrean is pretty great, too.

Inside of Emptiness or The Will To Death (which is how i found out about him)

So I recently randomly listened to this the other day, and was kind of surprised.

I have only heard the Emryean and when this came out it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. But I never delete music... and I came back around to it and loved it.

Anybody else a fan?

>nope
>just straight up not true
>this is correct
>holy fuck no
>yep
>why does that matter
>rhcp sucks with or without john, although josh is a better guitarist

His albums aren't Sup Forumscore because he's trash, you fucking plebeian.

Frusciante x Grouper collab when

>Josh is a better guitarist

that LP and Enclosure are both absolute garbage no offense, I really dug Letur-Lefr tho, which is kinda the same thing only with better production and more cohesive due it being an EP

It's a his a ode a to a italy a. #pbx